Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,089 members, 7,880,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:44 PM

Beauty Info... Bible Verses To Help You Overcome The “comparison Trap” - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beauty Info... Bible Verses To Help You Overcome The “comparison Trap” (411 Views)

How Could Someone Overcome The Fear Of Public Speaking / How Do You Overcome Life Challenges? / How Can We Overcome Feelings Of Rejection? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beauty Info... Bible Verses To Help You Overcome The “comparison Trap” by phoneport(m): 5:47am On Nov 10, 2013
Have you ever compared yourself to another person, maybe a celebrity, by thinking she’s much prettier and more beautiful than you? Most people have! Have you ever found yourself wishing that you were as beautiful as a model or a celebrity?

Many people compare themselves to others by wishing they would look more beautiful or be as popular as someone else. The trap is that as long as you compare yourself to others, you’ll always feel like you don’t quite measure up. That can cause us to feel bad about ourselves if we measure our beauty only from outward appearance.

Ezekiel 16:13-14 says:

You were very beautiful and became a queen. Then you became famous among the nations, because you were so beautiful. Your beauty was perfect, because of the glory I gave you, says the Lord God.

This Bible verse tells us that your beauty is made perfect by God’s glory, His character in you and His opinion of you. That is true beauty, not the outside beauty like makeup, clothes and hairstyles.

So when you understand how precious you are in Jesus’ eyes, you won’t need to compare yourself to others anymore. So accept yourself the way you are, and listen to God’s opinion of you, not people’s.

Here are a couple of Bible verses that confirm the things I have written about:

I am the precious treasure in your heart. I will help you shine (2 Corinthians 4:7).

When they measure themselves with themselves and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding and behave unwisely (2 Corinthians 10:12).

The beauty and delightfulness and favor of the Lord our God is upon us (Psalm 90:17).
Jeffery John reporting.

(1) (Reply)

Is It My Fault dat he is mad? / How Do U Measure Success / University Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.