Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,116 members, 7,931,792 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 12:35 PM

Are Bankers Really Stingy? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are Bankers Really Stingy? (792 Views)

For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be / Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? / Why Are Some Female Customer Care Assistant Bankers Hyper-reactive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Bankers Really Stingy? by olulove(m): 8:04am On Nov 10, 2013
I Have heard people said severally that "BANKER'S ARE STINGY" how true is this accusation.
USING MY SELF AS A CASE STUDY:
As a young banker, have borrowed friends,family,foes,cronies and even colleague reasonable amount of money and they are not willing to pay back. Some having the notion that "NO BE BANK HIM DEY WORK"
There is this my aunt I borrowed 50k recently , she said she was going to pay me as soon as her husband is back from a trip abroad. Its over 2 month and she's not saying anything, I called her some few days back to ask after the welfare of the family, lo and behold she refuse to pick my call. When I used my friends phone to call, she picked and as soon as I said its me she hurriedly said she was going to call me back...its 2 weeks now...she hasn't called.
in all I have borrowed out over 160K just in a year.
Seems I'm now willing to join the CLIQUE of stingy bankers or what do you think?
Re: Are Bankers Really Stingy? by Civory(m): 8:55am On Nov 10, 2013
Abeg before you join can you borrow me money too?! Me I will pay back don't worry...

1 Like

Re: Are Bankers Really Stingy? by jaryeh(m): 8:17am On Nov 11, 2013
Bankers are not stingy, I would rather say they are financially prudent. They work with money and they value it a lot.

Many bankers would,instead of lending you directly refer you to a microfinance bank if you really have something reasonable to do with the funds you want.And if you really have that,why won't you rather go to a microfinance bank

@OP,continue o,when you go bankrupt you will wise up!
Re: Are Bankers Really Stingy? by Syenite(m): 6:00pm On Nov 11, 2013
1 of the reasons is that there is no job security in the banks.So while u are in u need to spend wisely and invest wisely.
The fact is they still dnt turn out to be succesful financially.

(1) (Reply)

I Need The Services Of A Decent Lawyer For My Small Biz / "It’s Better For Me To Commit Suicide Than Live" - Ex-nigerian Boxer / How Do You Negotiate Salary For A New Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.