Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,070 members, 7,890,526 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:27 PM

An Open Letter To The Negroid Nation - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / An Open Letter To The Negroid Nation (615 Views)

Igbo: A Tribe Or A Nation? / How Did Jamaica Become A "Black" Nation? / An Open Letter To Middle-class Lagos Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To The Negroid Nation by Ajuran: 2:45pm On Nov 10, 2013
I am Somali,

I do not like this new idea of people calling themselves African as if its an ethnicity. Africa is much more diverse than any other continent. Being called African is no different than being called a human being since every group of people lives in Africa. Some have tried to label Africa as meaning black and this is not true. Many people in Africa are not black like Cushitic people (Somalis,Ethiopians,Eritreans), Arabs, Berbers.

You would be better suited to stop claiming people who are not negroid, as this only creates an unrealistic appearance of what you think you look like. Labeling people in Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Nubians, as black only serves to show to the world that Blacks will claim soft hair, straight nosed people before they claim the black americans and others who they don't find visually appealing.

In my experience with black americans, many will be easily offended if you tell them they look Nigerian, Ghanian. Even though this is where they came from. While blacks in america and west africa will be very happy if you them they look Somali/Ethiopian, even though in order to get this appearance they used a fake hair peace and don't look Cushitic.

The people in the Horn Africa feel as if they are brought down when labeled as black by negroids. While negroids feel uplifted when they label Somalis/Ethiopians as black. Clearly their seems to be a social ladder here where those who have been colonized and enslaved equate our features with white features and assume we look better. But As a Somali am proud of my Ethnicity and Proud to be part of the People known as the Cushitic people who live in Ethiopia, Somalia, Eritrea, and Djibouti. We value our culture and race. I hope you value yours too.

-A proud Somali
Re: An Open Letter To The Negroid Nation by janykute: 7:37am On Nov 12, 2013
Proud indeed.Identity crisis.
Re: An Open Letter To The Negroid Nation by Ajuran: 8:16am On Nov 12, 2013
janykute: Proud indeed.Identity crisis.

who has the identity crisis. Somalis who were never enslaved. Who has the crisis those who identify with what they were for thousands of years which is being somali, or you identifying with nigierian which is a made up country that was drawn and named by europeans.
Re: An Open Letter To The Negroid Nation by Salym(m): 4:37pm On Jan 01, 2014
I wonder at what all these stupid Somalians derive from this soft hair, straight nose, and European like appearance. Mr. your whatever appearance did not lift you out of your backwardness, incessant fightings and the likes. Go figure out how to solve these problems please and stop wasting your time putting up useless arguments.

(1) (Reply)

What Does The Blackman Want? / White Man With Naija Coat Of Arms, Proud To Be Naija As Much As We Do! / Someone Should Help Me Interprete My Dreams!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.