Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,302 members, 7,974,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 09:08 PM

I Used To Beat My Son (Taiwo Awoniyi) For Playing Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Used To Beat My Son (Taiwo Awoniyi) For Playing Football (1692 Views)

Iheanacho, Simon, Awoniyi Called Up For U23 Cup Of Nations / Taiwo Awoniyi’s Twin Sister; Kehinde / Liverpool Signs Nigeria's Taiwo Awoniyi (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Used To Beat My Son (Taiwo Awoniyi) For Playing Football by favouryemmy: 8:12am On Nov 11, 2013
Mr Solomon Awoniyi, father of Golden Eaglets’ striker, Taiwo Awoniyi, said he used to beat his son to discourage him from playing football.
Awoniyi on Sunday at his Gbagba residence, Ilorin, said that he never knew Taiwo would play football to global level. He said the football career of his son started during
his elementary school days, noting that he (Taiwo) would always disappear from the house to play football and the whole family would be looking for
him. Awoniyi praised the efforts of Taiwo’s coach, Rasaq Olojo, whom he said discovered and nurtured him. He said the striker was part of the team that participated in a Coca Cola competition in Ibadan, which later earned him a trip to London in 2010, where former Nigerian football stars Nduka Ugbade and Seyi Olofinjana, spotted him. He disclosed that Taiwo Awoniyi was voted the most valuable player and came home with the award from London in 2010. Awoniyi, a retired Police Officer, said he was happy to watch his son represent Nigeria in a world tournament.

1 Like

Re: I Used To Beat My Son (Taiwo Awoniyi) For Playing Football by GLOBALINF: 8:14am On Nov 11, 2013
i had our precious goal keeper DELE was selling pure water as at this time last year around Ogba area! see what GOD can do in man's life, i'm sure he never knew he will ever be dinning with the president in a year time!!!! folks! this is today!!! you never can tell where you will be in a year time, so i indulge you to always dream and dream big. the truth is that the dream is yours and even if the goal you set for yourself didn't come to pass, SET the goal again and dream big (afterall no one will arrest you for dreaming BIG).... as at this time last year i was living in a container around Ikeja which also happen to be my office and i never knew i could ever leave the shores of NIGERIA, But as i write you now i'm in EUROPE(LEGALLY) doing my MASTERS and God has been so faithful to me. just yesterday i got a call from the former president of Nigerian Chamber of Commerce and Industry and we are discussing SERIOUS BUSINESS, i will also be meeting the NIGERIAN AMBASSADOR to the country i am soon. this is what dreams can do! i saw it years ago and its happening..........
Re: I Used To Beat My Son (Taiwo Awoniyi) For Playing Football by cumz(m): 8:16am On Nov 11, 2013
and someone is still telling me that these guys are under 17.... .
.read between d lines
Re: I Used To Beat My Son (Taiwo Awoniyi) For Playing Football by Donpoker9(m): 8:26am On Nov 11, 2013
Fp tinx, people nid 2 learn
Re: I Used To Beat My Son (Taiwo Awoniyi) For Playing Football by ProfGday(m): 8:34am On Nov 11, 2013
Lesson learnt,
Never

Write

Anybody

Off.
Re: I Used To Beat My Son (Taiwo Awoniyi) For Playing Football by bastien: 9:12am On Nov 11, 2013
Him papa na police na,that's y e no too stop am,my papa na navy,dem no born me well to play ball wey him dey around,unless dem draft am,thou I won best player in ma sec sch,d man no still change mind,na 2 dey tell me to read 9 different subject wey no teacher if teach d 9 finish

Congrat Taiwo Awoniyi n Dele(if only his story is true sha)
Re: I Used To Beat My Son (Taiwo Awoniyi) For Playing Football by marutimon: 12:42pm On Nov 11, 2013
cumz: and someone is still telling me that these guys are under 17.... .
.read between d lines

The tournament he is talking about was an U15 competition which Nigeria won by storming past the opposition. Not to mention it took place in 2012, not 2010, as the article states. You can even look it up.
Re: I Used To Beat My Son (Taiwo Awoniyi) For Playing Football by favouryemmy: 6:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
cumz: and someone is still telling me that these guys are under 17.... .
.read between d lines

Those boys are truly under 17. Don't you see their faces? MRI scan was conducted on them and those that did not pass were dropped. That's sincerity
Re: I Used To Beat My Son (Taiwo Awoniyi) For Playing Football by cumz(m): 8:02pm On Nov 11, 2013
favouryemmy:

Those boys are truly under 17. Don't you see their faces? MRI scan was conducted on them and those that did not pass were dropped. That's sincerity
if you see my face... you will think am 14.... whereas am **

(1) (Reply)

My Journey Of Being A Millionaire. / CHAN Qualifier: Nigeria Beats Benin To Qualifier For 2018 CHAN / Do Not Miss A Pair Soccer Shoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.