Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,713 members, 7,918,193 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 03:29 AM

Are Nigerians In A Hurry Or Is The Government's Agenda A Failure? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians In A Hurry Or Is The Government's Agenda A Failure? (741 Views)

Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari / Ejigbo In Lagos: A Town Abandoned By The Government. / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerians In A Hurry Or Is The Government's Agenda A Failure? by nazzyon(m): 8:52am On Jul 15, 2008
We all had high expectations for the present Government when we heard about the Juicy Seven Point Agenda mentioned by the man @ Aso Rock a year ago.

But now the people and the media are already pointing abusive, curses at them.

Here is the view of the people @ the Business World online news
http://www.businessworldintelligence.com/vol2no42/comment_analysis.html

Are we Nigerians impatient?

Are Nigerians looking ahead of the dreams yet to commence?

Or

Is this a repetition of the past stories of the X Governing Bodies?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

In my own opinion, I think we should know by now that we can not achieve a dream of 50 years in just 5 years. And aside from that a politician will always remain a politician.

It is obvious that we cannot not achieve all the 7 point Agenda laid down in a short period of time (4yrs). Even companies don't just rise up in just 1 year and out perform its competitors.

We are all yearning for improvement of our present economy but as far as am concerned achieving 3 out of the targets is not a bad thing.

We know that Nigerian economic can only be qualified with one word "Bad".

I believe we need more years for that Agenda if it will ever work.

What is you own view?
Re: Are Nigerians In A Hurry Or Is The Government's Agenda A Failure? by Godalone(m): 10:08am On Jul 15, 2008
Presently i cannot rate this administration,i am just waiting for the man @ Aso rock to complete 2 years in office that is when i can have substantial facts.The little i have seen now apart from the rule of law which cannot bring food to the table of a common man,honestly i have not seen anything again.It is not that Nigerians are impatient and we all know that vision 2020 can only be achieved as it is on the paper now.Seven point agenda is real but only one out of seven has been achieved,i think achieving 3 out of the 7 points will still be ok.
Re: Are Nigerians In A Hurry Or Is The Government's Agenda A Failure? by faoni572(m): 3:26pm On Jul 15, 2008
Don't expect much from Baba-go-slow
Re: Are Nigerians In A Hurry Or Is The Government's Agenda A Failure? by Mustay(m): 5:41pm On Jul 15, 2008
The Vision 2020 seems to much of a hype
Re: Are Nigerians In A Hurry Or Is The Government's Agenda A Failure? by buchio7(m): 6:43pm On Jul 15, 2008
@Godalone

as u said it is too early to judge/assess d man so a 2 year period wld be a fair time frame to critically analyse wat he has done, i believe he means well and also believe dat in time his quiet disposition will yield results,

he needs time
Re: Are Nigerians In A Hurry Or Is The Government's Agenda A Failure? by nazzyon(m): 11:08pm On Jul 18, 2008
As someone has said earlier Vision 2020 is in its best form right now; in paper.

Lets just hope that things get done before we youths starts producing the next generation of Nigerians.

I don't pray for strikes to continue like this when I start breeding kids. It is just unfair on the rising generations; it is now 3 weeks or so since the strike has commenced and yet all we are hearing is that they are talking about resolving the matter.

I won't be surprised if most parents result to Home Schooling, but atleast the kids will learn something instead of learning nothing.

(1) (Reply)

Where Is My Eyes? / Afenifere Demand For Alao Akala's Resignation / 80 Per Cent Of Nigerian Youths Are Jobless, Says Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.