Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,386 members, 7,881,394 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:29 PM

If God Forgive Your Sin(s), Does It Mean You're Save/have Salvation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Forgive Your Sin(s), Does It Mean You're Save/have Salvation? (491 Views)

Why Didn't God Forgive Adam And Eve / "Why Couldn't God Forgive Satan?" / Did God Forgive Those That Crucified Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If God Forgive Your Sin(s), Does It Mean You're Save/have Salvation? by Emusan(m): 4:09pm On Nov 11, 2013
I want your say(s) on this topic, because I wasn't satisfied with the answer I got yesterday during Sunday School though time wasn't on our side to put more light on this question.

Most people said yes while some said no but no time for them to expressed themselves.....but is it true?

Remember Biblical support will do alot.

Shalom!
Re: If God Forgive Your Sin(s), Does It Mean You're Save/have Salvation? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
For me this verse speaks an emphatic yes.

"In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;" (Ephesians 1:7-cool.
now based on this verse, i am saved to the uttermost. Now the question rises, if i sin (verb not noun), will i still be saved. This is where am still calling on The Rauch Ha Kodesh [Holy Spirit] for enlightenment. But before then, i believe am saved to the uttermost, halleluyah, in otherwords forgiveness of ALL my sins (verb) have been forgiven according to the riches of His grace.
Re: If God Forgive Your Sin(s), Does It Mean You're Save/have Salvation? by holypower(m): 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2013
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." (Romans 10:9).
Re: If God Forgive Your Sin(s), Does It Mean You're Save/have Salvation? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 11, 2013
Very easy. Kinda sad that most Christians are closer to hell than I am to heaven. Just one prayer and all my sins and blasphemies forgiven.

What a fair God. Justice indeed.
Re: If God Forgive Your Sin(s), Does It Mean You're Save/have Salvation? by PastorOluT(m): 9:37pm On Nov 11, 2013
Emusan: I want your say(s) on this topic, because I wasn't satisfied with the answer I got yesterday during Sunday School though time wasn't on our side to put more light on this question.

Most people said yes while some said no but no time for them to expressed themselves.....but is it true?

Remember Biblical support will do alot.

Shalom!

Dont really get u bro, is it like once saved forever saved, or if one keep sinning after the knowledge of salvation?
Re: If God Forgive Your Sin(s), Does It Mean You're Save/have Salvation? by Emusan(m): 6:48am On Nov 12, 2013
hisblud: For me this verse speaks an emphatic yes.

now based on this verse, i am saved to the uttermost.

Alright!

Now the question rises, if i sin (verb not noun), will i still be saved. This is where am still calling on The Rauch Ha Kodesh [Holy Spirit] for enlightenment.

Much alike @Op

But before then, i believe am saved to the uttermost, halleluyah, in otherwords forgiveness of ALL my sins (verb) have been forgiven according to the riches of His grace.

How can you relate forgiveness with salvation?

Thanks for your conttibution
Re: If God Forgive Your Sin(s), Does It Mean You're Save/have Salvation? by Emusan(m): 6:56am On Nov 12, 2013
holypower: "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." (Romans 10:9).

Thanks for this but is confession of Jesus as Lord and Saviour apply to both forgiveness of sin(s) and salvation?

Kindly put more light on this.
Re: If God Forgive Your Sin(s), Does It Mean You're Save/have Salvation? by Emusan(m): 7:07am On Nov 12, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Dont really get u bro, is it like once saved forever saved, or if one keep sinning after the knowledge of salvation?

As someone who never knows anything about God Himself.

Wait ooo which one is "once saved forever saved"?
Re: If God Forgive Your Sin(s), Does It Mean You're Save/have Salvation? by oprajo(m): 6:34pm On Feb 13, 2015
it is simple.
You saved by God's grace through your faith. and you have received the remission of sins . and you have been forgiven for any sin except the sin of apostasy . I.e denying Christ

(1) (Reply)

Pope Francis Corruption Fury: Tie Them To A Rock And Throw Them In The Sea / RHAPSODY OF REALITIES. Saturday, November 16th 2013 / Something More Than War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.