Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,609 members, 7,944,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:41 AM

Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? (12258 Views)

Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In / How Many Shoes Should An Average Man/lady Have / Discussion: Dear Men, How Long Can The Average Man Go Without Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by ChiSun27(m): 6:26am On Nov 14, 2013
Guy which school you go nah? Which one come be 'as' 'as' 'as?'

What happened to 'has?'

I tire for una ooOo!!!!!
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by unmask: 7:08am On Nov 14, 2013
Lagos is overpopulated, and it is only a bright man that can rule it effectively.....I sincerely doubt any serving governor would fare as well as fashola or fashole has done in lagos......His secret has been the vision of carrying Lagos from what it was, to what it should be. along the way he has had to make policies that have not gone down well with people but you all have to realise he is usually has no choice........

Banning okada or Napep.....has any of you thought that if Okada riders rode like sane people or if Napep wasn't trying to squeeze itself through all corners when it should be on a queue, a better case might have been made for them.

The fines you pay for disobeying traffic regulations are also the same.....the way I see it everyone has two choices to make: obey or disobey.......fining 20k for disobeying the simplest of traffic rules is not to enrich the state's coffers, but to allow a would be offender to have a rethink before breaking traffic rules.

All in all lagos is not, has not* and will never be an easy state to manage or live in....but for sheer ingeniuity, it will always remain the people's favourite.........

@op I am tired of living in Lagos as well......but....Is there any place better?......Don't think so
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by nodullin(m): 7:18am On Nov 14, 2013
The Massive Traffic Jam in Lagos!!! Damn! Its. Not. Bearble @all!
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by OrigamiIII: 8:14am On Nov 14, 2013
Tbeiz: Personally, I think Lagos is expensive. If you consider the average income of people to the standard of living,you would agree with me.
In some other states ,minimum wage can still hold up but not in Lagos.
You need an average of N40,000 to N80,000 to really live in Lasgidi.
*Heavy Sigh*

Brow abuja worse pass Lagos.Demolition here and there,private cars doing opportunistic cab job during the rush hours are arrested and their vehicles impounded.Bikes are completely outlawed .Main available means of transportation is either the long el rufai buses or cabs.Then u have criminals such as armed robbers, car snatchers,land racketeers,419'ers, aransom kidnappers and ritual kidnappers all to contend with.
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by mapet: 8:54am On Nov 14, 2013
Keke goes from Obalende goes through Awolowo way, one drops at Falomo end, the other passes through TBS-Yoruba Tennis Club-Onikan Roundabout-Under bridge in infront of Muson Center- Bonny Camp- Amadu Bello - Eko Hotel Round about- VI extensions (Maroko, Sandfill, Ligali, Water Corporation etc....

My brother I've simply laid a path how you can connect Obalende to Lekki entry point via Keke. You guys just spew lies.........be it out of ignorance or otherwise....it is simply idiotic
chess guru:
Wtf!! Keke from obalende to vi
Which lagos are you staying in, which bridge the keke they pass undecided

1 Like

Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by mapet: 8:55am On Nov 14, 2013
Then stay in your village
Niseamaka:

Lagos is the most chaotic city I have ever visited. The perenial traffic jams, over-population, noise and air polution made Lagos very unattractive to live in. An ABC reporter once described Lagos as a disgrace of a city.
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 14, 2013
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 14, 2013
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:05am On Nov 14, 2013
sexymoma: Now i know you think with your scrotum... hmmm i never knew undecided

[b][/b][/sub]The Boy Is Beautifully Foolish[sub]
u are just being wretched! Go to ur village. U dnt av to queue to get to alahusa. Just go to berger and a 50naira bus drops u at the secretariat!!

But u go wan queue because money no dey!
Na poor people dey complain pass!

Now, i think with my scrotum-agreed!! If ur dad had been thinking with his scrotum , he wldnt had an imp like u as a daughter!

Short and ugly!!
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 14, 2013
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by kolamilan(m): 11:07am On Nov 14, 2013
lagos is a place where people reach there destinations by 12 am and goes out by 4 am. Those living at ikorodu can confirm it.
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by djojo(m): 11:22am On Nov 14, 2013
To be sincere, Lagos is one of the best place to live in Nigeria but only for the wealthy,
if one can obey all law especially those common laws that one will never think of
2. Maybe if u av ur own personal house that u build urself so landlord or stupid agent will not take u for granted or extort u of ur hard earn money cos house rent in lagos is much expensive to me
3. if u are the type that do owambe a lot then u might regret lagos at the long run
4. private car is also much more important and maybe ur income is high or u are business owner
5. food stuff is still much bearable in Lagos expect u are overstepping out of ur boundary
u will never enjoy Lagos if u live in face me i slap u or a room apartment expect u are the uneducated type
6. be ready to pay all bills like PHCN, Water, PSP, Radio and television, house cleaner
7 Always be ready to encounter Area boys if u got money
8 Be ready for police anytime cos u might be challenge on the road any day and time

But in all to me Lagos is okay to live cos there are lot of opportunities, idea, intelligent people, funny pple u will encounter in lagidi.
As for Fashola, he is transforming lagos to what it ought to have be....... thank God he is the governor of lagos state
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by eluquenson(m): 12:06pm On Nov 14, 2013
kolamilan: lagos is a place where people reach there destinations by 12 am and goes out by 4 am. Those living at ikorodu can confirm it.

Infact, am dancing skelewu to them now, if they give me free 3bedroom to stay at ikorodu, I will rather reject it cos living in ikorodu now is the beginning of high BP undecided
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by mapet: 12:37pm On Nov 14, 2013
Abi o we suffered........... I lived in Ikorodu between 03 and 2010/11......and

1. I remember the days of "biking" on the express from Ikorodu to Ketu or even as far as Ojota.
2. I remember always racing to get out of Ikorodu on a typical Saturday by 6.00/6.30am and wanting to return either b4 12noon or 11.00pm
3. I resisted every urge to buy any land in Ikorodu, even if offered free......

But...

with the new Mile12-Ikorodu roundabout road currently ongoing, I believe those that "persevered" will "enjoy" going forward
eluquenson:

Infact, am dancing skelewu to them now, if they give me free 3bedroom to stay at ikorodu, I will rather reject it cos living in ikorodu now is the beginning of high BP undecided
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by chessguru1(m): 1:34pm On Nov 14, 2013
mapet: Keke goes from Obalende goes through Awolowo way, one drops at Falomo end, the other passes through TBS-Yoruba Tennis Club-Onikan Roundabout-Under bridge in infront of Muson Center- Bonny Camp- Amadu Bello - Eko Hotel Round about- VI extensions (Maroko, Sandfill, Ligali, Water Corporation etc....

My brother I've simply laid a path how you can connect Obalende to Lekki entry point via Keke. You guys just spew lies.........be it out of ignorance or otherwise....it is simply idiotic
So now that you have revealed to us that you are a professional keke driver with full mastery of all routes in lagos, how does that make you feel like a champion.
If you check my later post, before rushing to quote and brandish your keke driving skills, you will see where I accepted I didn't know this particular route.
Or is it all routes in lagos that you know?
The person I quoted didn't even go as far as calling me names, but mildly corrected me...you J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ came from no where with your keke knowledge gbosa!
Abeg park well make goodluck fresh air touch person
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 14, 2013
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by smartg(m): 2:22pm On Nov 14, 2013
sexymoma: Nothing Annoys me most than the way we usually que at agege to get a bus going to alausa... You go que so tey all the make up wey you wear go don wipe off before you reach work... All because he banned okada men..

As in real que o.
Que wey go be like say you wan collect fee lunch.
hahahaha!, you and fashola una funny die.
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by smartg(m): 4:37pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ade0001: The policy is not to restrict commercial buses to 8hours daily, what the government is saying is that A DRIVER SHOULD NOT WORK FOR MORE THAN 8 HOURS DAILY.

I think this will reduce cases of accidents associated with tired drivers and those having to use alcohol to keep eyes open behind the wheels.
Mr correction ar you talking to a child
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by baba11(m): 5:37pm On Nov 14, 2013
gnabry: cry yes,Fashola is doin great,a lot of ma mates had drop awt of lasu due to expensive payment....he gives us scholarship,hell yh,afta payin 250k,he gives 45k worth of scholarship,what country does that and for ur information o,m a real lagosian o,isale Eko thins.
Am not sayin Fashola aint working,he is,infct he has goten the reputation of been d bst governor Lagos had ever had but to my opinion he is not considering d less priviledge ones,Not every1 can pay huge fees .
U be jambito?no wonder.i got all the scholarships stated when i was in lasu including the university scholarship(lasu scholar 100-500l).I'm a grad now.probably,lasu's not paying 45k now.Your school fees will be refunded and you'll be award some money for your educational needs(we got 20k,i can't say about you now that there's increment in school fees).This can occur if you can maintain your first class throughout your stay in the university.My brother,you still get hope.I am an island boi also.Lagos is too big to be governed,don't let us kill this man!!!
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Vicky2k(m): 8:18am On Nov 15, 2013
Milito:

Sorry for digressing; Bros abeg how is standard of living generally in PHC? Is there any major difference wt Lag? My coy wanna transfer me frm Lag to Port, same salary, but I will be given some pay as relocation allowance. I can actually turn it down but I'm kind of tired of Lag & want to hv a feel of another part of the country. Pls do u hv an idea of the cost of a 2-bedroom in a nice but not too expensive area?

Yes you would definitely need a pay increase if you are to relocate to PH and if you could get an accommodation near your place of work, that would also be nice too as it would save you Transportation Costs and Traffic Jam. The Rumuokoro- Rumuola Traffic no be small thing O.
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by eluquenson(m): 2:56pm On Nov 15, 2013
Lagos is a very congested with people which means men that want to survive should be strong & brave or else, you will just be living from hands to mouth, doing business in lagos is very profitable if you know your way & map out a viable strategy, I can bet it you won't regret living here cheesy
Re: Is LAGOS Bearable For An Average Man Nowadays? by Niseamaka(m): 8:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
mapet: Then stay in your village

I reside in the Federal Republic of Biafra. I will help you in applying for Biafran ctizenship if you decide to relocate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy New Month To All Nairalanders / Nigerian Navy Short Listed Candidate Is Out. / What's the Story behind your Nairaland Username?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.