Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,379 members, 7,901,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:31 PM

Is Suspending ASUU's NEC Meeting Wise? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Suspending ASUU's NEC Meeting Wise? (997 Views)

ASUU Strike Update: ASUU’s NEC Meeting To Hold After 7 Days Mouring Of Iyayi / ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. / ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Suspending ASUU's NEC Meeting Wise? by PrinceJustice(m): 11:47am On Nov 13, 2013
Following the death of Prof. Festus Iyayi yesterday on his way to Kano for the ASUU NEC meeting, there've been rumours that the NEC meeting has been (or will be postponed) till after the burial.
I would like to ask:
IS THIS A WISE THING TO DO?
Please share your views...considering how vital this NEC meeting is to the Nations Education sector...
Re: Is Suspending ASUU's NEC Meeting Wise? by emmanugo: 11:57am On Nov 13, 2013
Its a foolish tin to do ..imagine dey av to travel back home n den travel back to Kano''or wereva '' n den travel to der houses again...knwin dat its dis same movemnt dat led to d Ayayi's Death...
Re: Is Suspending ASUU's NEC Meeting Wise? by fabby26(m): 5:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
They have to accord that respect to their member, they're already in mourning mood, so not in the right mind for such meeting. Remember is a human being that died not an animal, and a Senior member of the union, whose contribution in that meeting would've been of immense value. They suppose to even think of convening the meeting after his burial, that's my opinion though
Re: Is Suspending ASUU's NEC Meeting Wise? by lymelyte(m): 6:50pm On Nov 13, 2013
fabby26: They have to accord that respect to their member, they're already in mourning mood, so not in the right mind for such meeting. Remember is a human being that died not an animal, and a Senior member of the union, whose contribution in that meeting would've been of immense value. They suppose to even think of convening the meeting after his burial, that's my opinion though
Will d suspension bring back d dead? Do you know how many pple lost thier lyf protecting this nation? Do u know how many student lost thier life because of this prolonged strike?
I don't think you know..

1 Like

Re: Is Suspending ASUU's NEC Meeting Wise? by felastika(m): 7:07pm On Nov 13, 2013
fabby26: They have to accord that respect to their member, they're already in mourning mood, so not in the right mind for such meeting. Remember is a human being that died not an animal, and a Senior member of the union, whose contribution in that meeting would've been of immense value. They suppose to even think of convening the meeting after his burial, that's my opinion though

Do u mean after his burial today,tomorrow,next week,next month or u mean next year?...u nd I know he won't buried anytime soon,so we can't wait till then o,ah!

1 Like

Re: Is Suspending ASUU's NEC Meeting Wise? by Polio: 7:07pm On Nov 13, 2013
Mark of respect .... A wise and honourable decision!
Re: Is Suspending ASUU's NEC Meeting Wise? by killemslim(m): 7:45pm On Nov 13, 2013
(1)Coming together to meet for lyk d nmba God knws time is foolish enuf since messages could be passed via diffrnt media servz...(Intellectuals still living in d 70s)...NEYEESZ(2)suspension of meeting "indefinetely"is wise and wicked.they do not know hw much pain they cause being unreasonable errytym.Wetin Bad if dem use 2dayz mourn the man?fyn we all know what happend was tragic but they should also know me loosing my precious phone and earning a mad slap afterwards(in order to infect my brain photo mcard with temporary virus)by frustrated dudes(high on purples) is tragic as well.Call off dis strike let me leave this notorious hood...If I dey skul before I for no collect the kind slap wen I receive today.God bless the great nigeria student.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Computer Science Vs Metallurgy Engineering / Unilorin Releases Admission List 2014/2015 Session / Sap Security Online Training In India | Uk | Usa | Canada | Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.