Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,473 members, 7,929,568 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 04:54 PM

Eaglets Play A Better Football Than The Super Eagles, Let's Argue For Or Againts - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eaglets Play A Better Football Than The Super Eagles, Let's Argue For Or Againts (545 Views)

For Better Football Prediction: 13th December, 2014 / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eaglets Play A Better Football Than The Super Eagles, Let's Argue For Or Againts by nickxtra(m): 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2013
The Super Eagles under Coach Keshi, although, have won so many matches and even won the African Nations Cup early this year, yet many Nigerians and even none Nigerians appear to dismiss the patern of football they play, as not only non entertaining, but devoid of the 'wing' football that Nigerian National teams are known for. The Super Eagles may be winning matches, but if their brand of football cannot keep their fans, who are mostly Nigerians or entice the world with a better and entertaning brand of football, is that good for Nigerian football? Comparatively, the Nigerian under 17, the Golden Eaglet just conquered at the world stage, winning the cup and the players coming top in their respective departments. Interestingly, winning the cup was not what captivated the whole world, whom they took by surprise, but their youthfullness(reall or near real age) and most IMPORTANTLY, the brand of football these teenagers gave to the entertainment indulgence of the footballing world. The whole world was held spell bound by the 'total football' displayed by these kids, to the extent that many have likened their beautiful football to that of Barcelona or Arsenal(to my mind, they inputed chelsea's football signature to it too, especially as done by the energetic captain, Musa Mohammed). On a personal rating, there were at times that I was enticed that I said to myself 'even if they don't win the cup, they gave the world a new footballing order, which the coach aptly tagged 'total football''. Now the question is, can't the Super Eagles have some takes from the feat of the Eaglets, especially the kind of 'total football' they played and began to give Nigerians an entertaning brand of football too? What is your position on this?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Skills! Neymar Juggles The Ball Barefooted At Brazil Training / Super Eagles Player Gabriel Reuben In Twitter Rant With Manager / Nigerian Ex-internationwl Involved In Match-fixing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.