Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,048 members, 7,970,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 01:10 AM

Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student (22459 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by idokosi: 8:56pm On Nov 14, 2013
I remembered my teacher said sperm cell swims like fish
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Ormorlehwah(f): 9:05pm On Nov 14, 2013
Gr8 Scientists! Who can tell me the centre of gravity of human body?
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by quivah(f): 9:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
Uyi Iredia: That science is devoid of bias (science is a bias on its own, not to talk of how bias influences the varied hypotheses for an observation), that space expands (only matter is seen to expand, space is nothing and surely not a lively brew of VP's, and by definition cannot expand), gravity explains falling and planet's motion (not quite, calculations model such events exactly, but they hardly account for the force, gravity and process by which it causes things to fall): BTW science nerds and geniuses still believe such crap.
shocked
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Isahalbash(m): 9:19pm On Nov 14, 2013
smurfy:

Okay. We get the drift. You didn't attend a public school like some of us did.

hahahah...na there tinx de happen gringringringringringringrin
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by quivah(f): 9:23pm On Nov 14, 2013
linearity: I was indoctrinated in JSS to believe and think that Atom is the smallest indivisible particle of an element....and the sound of that phrase still linger in my subconsciousness....

Then came fission physic, they started telling us that all that is wrong...and that we can actually split atoms and even free neutrons from the nucleus of an atoms...
Advancement

Different level for different class
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Isahalbash(m): 9:26pm On Nov 14, 2013
medina jabbar: dont pour water into acid it will explode or dont pour acid into water,i dunno but either of it sha will xplode

true talk!!
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by shitshappen(m): 9:31pm On Nov 14, 2013
mickyarams:

[b]A team of University of Queensland physicists has transmitted an atom from one location to another inside an electronic chip.
The team, which includes Dr Arkady Fedorov and Dr Matthias Baur from UQ's ARC Centre of Excellence for Engineered Quantum Systems and the School of Mathematics and Physics, published its findings in Nature this month.
Dr Fedorov said the team had achieved quantum teleportation for the first time, which could lead to larger electronic networks and more functional electronic chips.
"This is a process by which quantum information can be transmitted from one place to another without sending a physical carrier of information," Dr Fedorov said.
"In this process the information just appears at the destination, almost like teleportation used in the famous science fiction series Star Trek."
Dr Fedorov said the key resource of quantum teleportation was a special type of correlation, called entanglement, shared between a sender and a receiver.
"Once entanglement is created, this 'impossible' information transfer becomes in fact possible thanks to laws of quantum mechanics," Dr Fedorov said.
"For the first time, the stunning process of quantum teleportation has now been used in a circuit to relay information from one corner of the sample to the other.
"What makes our work interesting is the system uses a circuit, much like modern computer chips.
"In our system the quantum information is stored in artificial structures called quantum bits, and you can even see them with your bare eyes.
"This is surprising because people typically expect quantum only at atomic scales, not even visible with electronic microscopes.
"This quantum information allows us to do teleportation with impressive speed and accuracy above what has been achievable to date."
"In our Superconducting Quantum Devices laboratory at UQ we are using this technology to further enhance our knowledge about the quantum nature," Dr Fedorov said.
"Eventually this technology will be used to create more powerful devices."
This research indicates that questions relating to the physics of quantum communication can be addressed using electronic circuits at microwave frequencies.[/b]

[color=#006600][/color]

In quantum state is possible, so is particle Giration and levitation, but the theory behind it states that matter as a whole no matter the size can dematerialise.
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Ozom(m): 9:33pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hendrixtzee: I remember so well after an integrated science class in my JSS 3 when we were taught that a combination of hydrogen and oxygen ( ratio 2:1) wlld yield water, I just thought that yeah so water bottling companies get 2 'big" chambers of hydrogen and oxygen gases to mix and then Boooooooooommm!!!!!! We've gt water H2O.
Did y'all av any as eager science students??
wats the meaning of that?
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by shitshappen(m): 9:35pm On Nov 14, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Hendrixtzee: I've watched documentaries abt dt. scientifically there may be grounds for dt in d future #serxly, science is summtn else#

Until then bro
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by babseg(m): 9:37pm On Nov 14, 2013
ProfChris10: That I can harness petrol from palm wine. Trust me, na too much organic chemistry cause am. Though I'm still going to figure it out, since i have the theories. just a matter of time. #winks#

I like your theory my guy but by fermentation and distillation of your palm wine you can get Methanol/Ethanol which you can use as bio-diesel wink
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by shitshappen(m): 9:44pm On Nov 14, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
xtremely9ja:

Bros, google magnetic levitation. With science the fiction of yesterday is today's reality and the fiction of today is the reality of tomorrow.

For magnetic systems and materials yes, Buh what about other forms of matter that lack magnetic property? Say a log of wood or piece of slab.
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by babseg(m): 9:49pm On Nov 14, 2013
linearity: I was indoctrinated in JSS to believe and think that Atom is the smallest indivisible particle of an element....and the sound of that phrase still linger in my subconsciousness....

Then came fission physic, they started telling us that all that is wrong...and that we can actually split atoms and even free neutrons from the nucleus of an atoms...

Then you go down to the sub atomic level which is a crazy world where an electron can be at places at the time. They are called the quacks eg neutrino
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by LadyH(f): 9:56pm On Nov 14, 2013
Nastydroid: you want me to wet you with ammonia abi
ehen? thank God say my CONC H2SO4 still remain o!
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 14, 2013
Nastydroid: @op na woman you find come NL ni? you ain't even following a single dude......at least if you marry those ones wey u dy follow prostitution go reduce
you just dey use style style to ask d guy to dey follow you too.
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by LadyH(f): 10:02pm On Nov 14, 2013
Mr sachs: Can't remember a Bleep.....cuz I started doing the real stuff #technology # computers
u musta attended public skul like I did. where the teacher will stand in front of a sea of faces (+those struggling behind to see) n perform the "miracle" in the test tube. Oh Jah!!!

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by SUGARSON(m): 10:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
I dreamt of building an aircraft then and transmiter too......... Well I still have that in mind now, its just a matter of time.... Oluwa is Involved!!!
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Synthase(m): 10:21pm On Nov 14, 2013
spacechuks: Ammonia doesn't smell like rotten egg,it is hydrogen sulphide that smells like rotten egg,Ammonia smells like urine
urine actually smells like ammonia because it contains the compound urea which breaks down giving off ammonia gas the characteristic smell observed in a urine laden toilet or environment.
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 14, 2013
quivah:
you mean you drank base,coz you possibly couldnt have drank from the burette containing the acid
In my school, we don't have the luxury of having a bottle of the reagents for each group, so the group leader would label two beakers (acid and base) then we would obtain our reagents from the instructor using the beaker. Summary is; I used pippette inside the wrong beaker.
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 14, 2013
tj-dj:
SUN RISES IN THE EAST AND SET IN THE WEST.....BULLSHIT, SUN NEVER MOVE, ITS JUST THE EARTH THAT ROTATES WHICH GIVES NIGHT AND DAY.....dont blame my teachers then, how could they explain a rotating earth to a boy anyway
guy recent studies show that the sun is not static n it also has Etz revolutions...
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 14, 2013
Synthase:
urine actually smells like ammonia because it contains the compound urea which breaks down giving off ammonia gas the characteristic smell observed in a urine laden toilet or environment.
I called it ammonia ginger cuz I was inexperienced in the lab n put the reagent bottle in my nose n wow I was high for a few secs.....until I discovered that all I needed to do was just to blow air with my hand above the bottle mouth
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 14, 2013
Lachynos2k2: I hope u drank base to neutralize it.?
No. Doing that would be highly disastrous.
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 14, 2013
[b][/b]the uranium chain reaction...... I believed when it was enriched it was atomic bomb
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hendrixtzee: huuuhhhhh *hides face*... I slightly experienced such, running around looking for reagents durin Chem 171 prat exam (first year) n I mistakenly gt H2SO4 spilled over my left hand in d rush. Well I gt so scared when I saw some skin irritation even after rinsing wt water. Thank God I finished d exam tho, with a nice grade *kneels*

Laughs* My instructor in secondary school had almost the same experience, the difference being that, he spilled the acid on his jean! Come see as oga dey remove pants in front of his students.
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by EMEzzy(m): 10:39pm On Nov 14, 2013
!
SUGARSON: I dreamt of building an aircraft then and transmiter too......... Well I still have that in mind now, its just a matter of time.... Oluwa is Involved!!!
lmao not in a gazillion years
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Ojredifined(m): 10:51pm On Nov 14, 2013
Mine was wit rotation of the earth, hw does d earth rotate without gettin us 2 move with it or with makin a slight jerk so we wud b moved one side, lyk a sudden stop in a car dat jerks us forward grin
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by panch001(m): 10:56pm On Nov 14, 2013
i once tried connect speaker direct to mains(AC voltage) thinking that it will receive local FM station. i can still remember the catastrophe that follows grin grin grin grin grin grin and my father stop from doing experiments at home. i always want to like NICOLI TESLA
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nastydroid(m): 11:24pm On Nov 14, 2013
SUGARSON: I dreamt of building an aircraft then and transmiter too......... Well I still have that in mind now, its just a matter of time.... Oluwa is Involved!!!
someone has already build a heli on NL you can work with him....no be two person build aeroplane ni
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by adezjamz(m): 11:27pm On Nov 14, 2013
Rayvene:

Must one be a science student to know that? undecided
Even the dumbest dumbass knows that.
I totally disagree with U̶̲̥̅̊

1 Like

Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by PHENOMCHICKSON: 11:31pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hahahahaha! =))=laffº˚˚°º≈wanº˚˚°º≈tearº˚˚°º≈ phenomº˚˚°º≈Belle º°˚˚˚˚°ºOoº˚˚° º≈ oº°˚°º.º̩º̩̩º̩̩̩º̩̩̩̩º̩̩̩̩̥ =))
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Nastydroid(m): 11:33pm On Nov 14, 2013
booqee: you just dey use style style to ask d guy to dey follow you too.
awww i never knew u could read my mind sef,if u had read it deeper ,u go see say i don dy get crush on u small small wink
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by InwehAkpevwe(m): 11:50pm On Nov 14, 2013
I used 2 tink dat d contents of doz conicle flasks, glas jars, e.t.c were conentr8d... Never knew dere were 90%water!!! #winks#
Re: Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student by Hendrixtzee(m): 11:50pm On Nov 14, 2013
Nastydroid: awww i never knew u could read my mind sef,if u had read it deeper ,u go see say i don dy get crush on u small small wink
hahahahahaha..... U be ehhh. *Smh*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unexplained Phenomena Happened In Israel Today / Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya / AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.