Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,661 members, 7,972,455 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 11:22 AM

Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP (21809 Views)

Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) / Jonathan Hosts His Old Classmates To A Dinner At The Presidential Villa (photos) / "Jega Needs All The Help He Can Get" - APC Says In Hilarious Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by Nja147: 9:43am On Nov 15, 2013
He knows the game, now and always. That is IBB
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by Myself2(m): 9:48am On Nov 15, 2013
What Thienubu wants is not too different from this,apart from the several billions of naira he pockets from Lagos state tax proceeds,he still collects monthly from lGAs in Lagos,not to talk of the billions he is stealing from other APC states governors especially that tout called Aregberascal.Personally Thiefnub u just wants to dip his soiled filthy hands into the treasury of Nigeria,to pocket Nigeria the way he has pocketed Lagos.
60% of the rogues present in that meeting were at one time or the other the corrupt troublemakers in the PDP,since they could no longer have their corrupt /ethnic ways in the PDP they hjave now started romancing with a camp that is led,formed by corrupt people and thgey should feel at home.This is good news to team GEJ,let Mr President just concentrate on seeing through the power sector reforms to ensure improved electricity supply in addition to other items on the transformation agenda,Nigerians will vote for him over and above any stooge Tinubu and IBB will sponsor to open Nigerias treasury for them or Buhari that plans to Islamise Nigeria and kill all our corpers

2 Likes

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by Myself2(m): 9:53am On Nov 15, 2013
Nja147: He knows the game, now and always. That is IBB
Yea,he knows the game of corruption and crime,but NOT the game of politics,all his political choices since 1999 have ended in disaster and dissapointment for him.In 2011,he was openly anti-GEJ,he still met anf ganged up with Thienubu,Abdulsalam,gusau,Buhari,Atiku etc,they ALL failed just as they will still fail in 2015
Sai GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by paker002: 10:03am On Nov 15, 2013
gerald09: Hw d heck is dis about Nigeria, it stopped being about Nigeria since 1966 when d North took over, this is about d North ruling. PDP is d worst political party in the world but APC has no good intention for Nigeria as well.
wa gbayiiii
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by paker002: 10:10am On Nov 15, 2013
Myself2: What Thienubu wants is not too different from this,apart from the several billions of naira he pockets from Lagos state tax proceeds,he still collects monthly from lGAs in Lagos,not to talk of the billions he is stealing from other APC states governors especially that tout called Aregberascal.Personally Thiefnub u just wants to dip his soiled filthy hands into the treasury of Nigeria,to pocket Nigeria the way he has pocketed Lagos.
60% of the rogues present in that meeting were at one time or the other the corrupt troublemakers in the PDP,since they could no longer have their corrupt /ethnic ways in the PDP they hjave now started romancing with a camp that is led,formed by corrupt people and thgey should feel at home.This is good news to team GEJ,let Mr President just concentrate on seeing through the power sector reforms to ensure improved electricity supply in addition to other items on the transformation agenda,Nigerians will vote for him over and above any stooge Tinubu and IBB will sponsor to open Nigerias treasury for them or Buhari that plans to Islamise Nigeria and kill all our corpers
do you have a proof on what you just said? why have you not packed out of lagos yet? Nigerians want magic to happen always and thats why you fall victims .... Pdp no dey collect tax but dem dey buy armored cars with your sweat ..... wake up guy...... Lagos works better than Nigeria..... you should be grateful instead.... Oya move go north where your master dey stay.....

1 Like

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by goodgood2(m): 10:14am On Nov 15, 2013
Baba_Eleko: Jonathan thinks he is bigger than Nigerians. 2015 dey come when we go show am say na only paper we need to fling am back to the river bank where he belong.
U don forget say na resources from that river bank dey feed una?

1 Like

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by paker002: 10:16am On Nov 15, 2013
Myself2: What Thienubu wants is not too different from this,apart from the several billions of naira he pockets from Lagos state tax proceeds,he still collects monthly from lGAs in Lagos,not to talk of the billions he is stealing from other APC states governors especially that tout called Aregberascal.Personally Thiefnub u just wants to dip his soiled filthy hands into the treasury of Nigeria,to pocket Nigeria the way he has pocketed Lagos.
less i forget sef... waiting on GEJ to improve power.... you go tire guy.... you have forgotten he is clueless.....abi you no knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww........ Look at the scam improvement they gave us to cushion in Sure Problem...... i can bet we will get same again close to the elections.... If you like buy am.... you go come cry here for NL for us
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by 3nairalandcom: 10:16am On Nov 15, 2013
I thing IBB is qualify to be a nation president
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by EzePromoe: 11:02am On Nov 15, 2013
robi55: eze y do u speak like ur just a baby,what has gudluck really done wrong to u haters?can't u speak without callin his name wit critics?
Probably you didn't get what my sarcasm.
I will be the last person to tonguelash a working president like Jonathan smiley

1 Like

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 15, 2013
In all this drama I do not see a simple plan (call it vision or manifesto or whatever) for Nigeria from the APC.

They seem to be preoccupied with removing GEJ at all costs . . . cart before the horse if you ask me!

If "removing GEJ at all costs" is the only thing bringing them together, then you do not have to be a rocket scientist to tell what the outcome will be...

1 Like

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by zewenfizz(m): 11:17am On Nov 15, 2013
[/color][color=#006600]well in life generally interest is permanent so politics is nt excluded...
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by Reference(m): 11:40am On Nov 15, 2013
utumunta: A country where the same persons that brought us to this parlous state of affairs, are also consulted on the way forward. It is a shame that instead of IBB putting the finishing touch to his prison memoir, as a result of grand larcenery, serial murders(including late Dele Giwa) and rape of our institutions and values, he is walking free and 'consulting'.

Welcome, IBB the 'progressive' as you join other 'progressives' like Tinubu, Buhari and Ikimi in moving the country 'forward'. Something we understand you were denied the chance of doing as a military president for 8 years. Now you can do it as a private citizen.

Buhari is going around recruiting members of his band of traducers. I expect them to visit T Y Danjuma and Abdullahi Mohammed next.

Let us fold our hands and watch as the vultures gather over the remains of a country that they have abused and battered. They started in July 1966; they called it a counter-coup, 1975 they struck again!, 1983, 1985 and 1993 they held us hostage with the barrel of the gun. Today, they have become reformed progressives and the ignorant masses are the new gun to be used against the sitting government.

If indeed we want development in Nigeria, let us stop looking for healthy teeth in a rotten mouth.

But I've been saying exactly this: For a political movement to gain national acceptance it has to move closer to the centre because that's where Nigerians are and there is where power is. Democracy is a game of numbers and if the vast majority are corrupt you will have a corrupted government elected.

In the heydays of the Buhari anti-corruption political movement I often wrote him off because he wanted to plant maize in a swamp instead of rice. And that if he wanted to rule he would have to stain himself. Today is stage 3 of the 'descent' into political office. By the time APC gets into office I can bet that even the founders would not recognise the party. If Buhari couldn't do it in totalitarianism how will he possibly do it in democracy.

Folks for the umpteenth time, the problem of Nigeria is Nigerians not politicians or government. They are not from mars. They came and will continue to come from within us.

You cannot plant maize in a swamp.

2 Likes

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by paranorman(m): 11:42am On Nov 15, 2013
This guy talk, think, act like they are some 'shareholder' of the Nigeria; like they are some stakeholders. 'consultin with wisemen?!' You gotta b kiddin me . Anyway, all na time. A time will come when this country will b reborn; its rebirth will b the beginnin of greatness. All na time, again; time is everything. The evil that men do will follow dem and their families forever! Karma is such a silent monster!
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by awayeyebundle: 11:57am On Nov 15, 2013
if general ibrahim babaginda and abdulsalaam can join APC,it will be a new thinker of revolutioni

sm.nigerian need new thinker and people who can assure d youth of better tomorrow.apc i think will help d youth smiley
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by peruso: 2:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
sagombugo:

You will never fail to disappoint! Was it not the same IBB that GEJ called his mentor in politics and also went to visit prior the 2011 election for an endorsement?

Later when he got the security report that IBB was not too disposed to him and that he also wants to contest the PDP primaries,he masterminded the Oct 1st bombing at Eagle's square according to Henry Okah in order to rope in Chief Raymond Dokpesi who was then the Director General of IBB campaign organisation as a means of gettting at IBB?

You can spin this consultation/meeting of APC apparachiks with 2 Former Head of State the way you want but the fact remains that GEJ is jittery and PDP is now being served the same dosage of their own medicine

The best form of defence is attack! In politics,you plunder the comfort zone of your enemies

The same way GEJ is sponsoring and empowering renegade LP members such as Mimiko,Ladoja,Gbenga Daniels,Opeyemi Bamidele and Afenifere old brigade against anything Tinubu which you people don't see as anti-party activities or even APGA in the SE

So also is APC at liberty to enter the PDP's camp to rattle it

For those who are waiting for SAINTS to come and rule Nigeria,you will wait till thy kingdom come

Gani Fawehinmi was here,you all shouted him down and asked him to stick to activism and refused to vote for him under a SAINTLY NCP party which wasn't into distributing garri,rice and ankara

Prof Pat Okedinachi Utomi also have been on the fringes preaching paradigm shift,contested and spent about N700million of his own money under SDMP,you all said 'If only he will join a major party and work from the inside' you didn't vote for him cos you said you didn't want to waste your votes cos he might not win

Now he is in APC,you still said 'Ah he has gone to join them'

Festus Keyamo has been shouting himself hoarse using the instrumentality of law to fight for the downtrodden but the fact remains that political platform remains the best avenue to affect a large number of individual. He joined APC,you all sneered at him

Yet some of you can't mobilise 10 people to form a political party of the decent and by the decent but will rather constitute yourselves into armchair critics

If an enemy is fighting me with an AK47,you don't expect me to go and deploy a catapult as a defence mechanism

In Boxing,we call it Pound for Pound!

In the 60s,it was called 'You Tarka me,I Daboh you' ( apologies to JS Tarka and G Adzuana Daboh who had a landmark political fight then!)

Well thought out points
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by ludot(m): 2:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
Maradona
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by Aabee(m): 2:39pm On Nov 15, 2013
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by paschalndidi(m): 3:34pm On Nov 15, 2013
utumunta: A country where the same persons that brought us to this parlous state of affairs, are also consulted on the way forward. It is a shame that instead of IBB putting the finishing touch to his prison memoir, as a result of grand larcenery, serial murders(including late Dele Giwa) and rape of our institutions and values, he is walking free and 'consulting'.

Welcome, IBB the 'progressive' as you join other 'progressives' like Tinubu, Buhari and Ikimi in moving the country 'forward'. Something we understand you were denied the chance of doing as a military president for 8 years. Now you can do it as a private citizen.

Buhari is going around recruiting members of his band of traducers. I expect them to visit T Y Danjuma and Abdullahi Mohammed next.

Let us fold our hands and watch as the vultures gather over the remains of a country that they have abused and battered. They started in July 1966; they called it a counter-coup, 1975 they struck again!, 1983, 1985 and 1993 they held us hostage with the barrel of the gun. Today, they have become reformed progressives and the ignorant masses are the new gun to be used against the sitting government.

If indeed we want development in Nigeria, let us stop looking for healthy teeth in a rotten mouth.
My brother, you simply said my mind. Nigerians are becoming wise. Who will ever convince me that ApC is coming to redeem Nigeria? Wht type of irony is this? You said pdp is a corrupt party, yet you woo members from this corrupt party to come and join your uncorrupt party. Who are they deceiving? To make matters worse, they came to seek advice from a man who institutionalized corruption? A yoruba man in the person of tinubu and bisi akande came to seek for advice from person who cancelled the freest and fairest election Nigeria could ever have. I dey laugh
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by paschalndidi(m): 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
Baba_Eleko:

I wish u were neutral in ur post without calling out only APC pple's names, would have earned u 1 like.
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by paschalndidi(m): 3:37pm On Nov 15, 2013
Baba_Eleko:

I wish u were neutral in ur post without calling out only APC pple's names, would have earned u 1 like.
To hell with your like, i will give it to him
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by paschalndidi(m): 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2013
Hahahaha... I dey laugh. Its strange you know seeing two yoruba men going to minna to seek advice from a man who prevented their brother from becoming the president of this country after winning the fairest and freest election in Nigeria. Its strange and ironical seeing apc wooing members from a party they said is corrupt. Its strange indeed! The truth is that we are becoming wiser.

1 Like

Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by Aabee(m): 4:55pm On Nov 15, 2013
sagombugo:

You will never fail to disappoint! Was it not the same IBB that GEJ called his mentor in politics and also went to visit prior the 2011 election for an endorsement?

Later when he got the security report that IBB was not too disposed to him and that he also wants to contest the PDP primaries,he masterminded the Oct 1st bombing at Eagle's square according to Henry Okah in order to rope in Chief Raymond Dokpesi who was then the Director General of IBB campaign organisation as a means of gettting at IBB?

You can spin this consultation/meeting of APC apparachiks with 2 Former Head of State the way you want but the fact remains that GEJ is jittery and PDP is now being served the same dosage of their own medicine

The best form of defence is attack! In politics,you plunder the comfort zone of your enemies

The same way GEJ is sponsoring and empowering renegade LP members such as Mimiko,Ladoja,Gbenga Daniels,Opeyemi Bamidele and Afenifere old brigade against anything Tinubu which you people don't see as anti-party activities or even APGA in the SE

So also is APC at liberty to enter the PDP's camp to rattle it

For those who are waiting for SAINTS to come and rule Nigeria,you will wait till thy kingdom come

Gani Fawehinmi was here,you all shouted him down and asked him to stick to activism and refused to vote for him under a SAINTLY NCP party which wasn't into distributing garri,rice and ankara

Prof Pat Okedinachi Utomi also have been on the fringes preaching paradigm shift,contested and spent about N700million of his own money under SDMP,you all said 'If only he will join a major party and work from the inside' you didn't vote for him cos you said you didn't want to waste your votes cos he might not win

Now he is in APC,you still said 'Ah he has gone to join them'

Festus Keyamo has been shouting himself hoarse using the instrumentality of law to fight for the downtrodden but the fact remains that political platform remains the best avenue to affect a large number of individual. He joined APC,you all sneered at him

Yet some of you can't mobilise 10 people to form a political party of the decent and by the decent but will rather constitute yourselves into armchair critics

If an enemy is fighting me with an AK47,you don't expect me to go and deploy a catapult as a defence mechanism

In Boxing,we call it Pound for Pound!

In the 60s,it was called 'You Tarka me,I Daboh you' ( apologies to JS Tarka and G Adzuana Daboh who had a landmark political fight then!)

u deserve an award for ur intellectual & intelligent analysis. God bless u.
1 TRILLION LIKES.
hopin evry 9jrian wud gv us intelligent post lyk dis.
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by juman(m): 5:35pm On Nov 15, 2013
ludot: Maradona

grin

Those generals are always not sincere that's why they destroyed the country.

If PDP offer IBB to become chairman of pdp board he would run fast to pdp and would be the arrow head of attack against APC.

One nigeria is failure.
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by Archiq: 8:31pm On Nov 15, 2013
fiizznation: say whatever nonsense u pple ll say. Nothing ll make jonathan stay in power beyond 2015, nt even when the entire nigerians vote him. They elites r ready for him. Jonathan/pdp mst vacate aso villa
fizz nation you are deceiving yourself. Gej will run and win election in 2015. Who are the elites?
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by siraj1402(m): 8:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
99/100:
And so what?
Are they the P R O G R E S S I V E S ? Lol!
Birds of the same feather flocks together.
Next news abeg.
That's a bad English anyway.
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by Bashirfuntua(m): 10:11pm On Nov 15, 2013
From Abuja to Accra, Benin to Bombay,
Calabar to Cairo, Dutse to Dublin, Enugu to
Edinburgh, Funtua to Freetown...gudmornin
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by shoboy9: 10:54pm On Nov 15, 2013
Only one thing worse than Tinubu. Tinubu+PDP = eternal damnation for all naija.
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 16, 2013
Vicky2k:

I Agree with you. APC is still Championed with the Same Old Cargoes we know. GEJ should continue inn 2015 rather hand it over to them. I Believe his Transformation Agenda will Improve Nigeria but that is if we give him the Chance. Check out the PHCN Privatization and the Upcoming National Confab. That's my view
I am not particularly a fan of PDP and GEJ but seeing that APC is not coming up as a credible alternative, then we may get stuck with PDP. Other than getting rid of PDP, APC hasn't come up with any stated programme or agenda for government. The fact that they are bent on recycling the old past means Nigerians will not see them in any light different from the status quo. They are not even planning to sell APC to Nigerians (they are busy 'consulting' with IBB etc). The very people that caused Nigeria's problems and led us into the mess we found ourselves in are unlikely going to come up with the solutions to the same problems they caused. Main Street Nigerians are getting wiser and they understand that. If APC does two things, ( 1. explain to Nigerians their ideals, manifesto, and programme for government; 2. Remove the old past as the face of the party), they will be a credible alternative and getting rid of PDP will be easy. If they don't and the weakened PDP, in the midst of their internal crises defeats APC in 2015, then APC will be the joke of the century.

Looking at the division and crises within PDP, APC has an opportunity of a generation to bring the much needed change but they are failing due to the two problems I highlighted above.
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 16, 2013
me_for_you: If my role model forever IBB says so, then it is true. Nigeria is actually bigger than all the political parties combined.
Why is IBB your role model?
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by Rexyl(m): 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2013
IBB, the mighty man of the ruling party and the opposition as well. With one hand he upholds the ruling party and with the other feeding the opposition ... uhm.
Re: Babangida Hosts APC, Says Nigeria Is Greater Than PDP by Lagoseko(m): 5:07pm On Feb 08, 2015
we are all smelling foul play here,why not visit the president in aso rock and why visiting IBB in minna to talk about moving Nigeria forward,Nigeria has been bought by IBB abi ?God your children are in your hands

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire Razes Governor Dickson’s House In Yenagoa / Killings: NEC Recommends Ban On Herdsmen Movement In Five States / Ondo Police Arrest, Detain Organiser Of ‘osinbajo For 2023 President’ Campaign I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.