Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,222 members, 7,943,376 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 01:33 PM

Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily (402 Views)

Bishop (dr) Chris Kwakpovwe Of Our Daily Manna Sets Lagos Ablaze With Miracles / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 / Feed On His Word By Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily by hisableplc(m): 9:36am On Nov 14, 2013
Daily Manna: Courage Rewarded!

Thursday 14, November 2013

TEXT: JUDGES 1:9-15

KEY VERSE: “And Caleb said, He that smiteth Kirjathsepher, and taketh it, to him will I give Achsah my daughter to wife” (Judges 1:12).

“If attempting a task is dangerous; if it has never been done, I will think how it can be done if it will save a soul”, so remarked a Christian speaker whose intent was to stir up the fearful hearts of his audience who were unwilling to rise up and make needed decisions important for their souls and those of others. Challenges help draw out the latent energy in every man. Without challenges, the innate qualities and strength on the inside of man are left redundant and uncharted.

Caleb was a man well respected in the land. He had great inheritance among the people because he followed the Lord with great courage. The name of Caleb’s daughter is Achsah and the man that loved to have Achsah as wife was Othniel. Caleb wanted to be sure Othniel truly loved Achsah. As it was commonly done in ancient times, he challenged the suitor to the dangerous task of fighting the Canaanite city of Kirjath-sepher to take it. Afterall, love that would not attempt hard tasks and that would run away from danger is nothing but feeble. Induced by the promise of having Achsah as wife, Othniel rose up, conquered the city and she was given to him.

The challenge we receive in the Word of God to love the Lord our God with all our hearts and strength (Luke 10:27) demands more than a show of fleeting emotion of human affection.

Our love for God is shown in toils we are ready to make in our obedience to His Word. His promise of eternal life with Him in heaven should serve as an incentive to brace up for any persecution, trial and temptation that may come our way as we journey on!

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: He cannot indeed be called a captain who has never fought a battle.

***Share your thoughts and what you've just learnt in the comments section below. Don't forget to SHARE!
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 14, 2013
I just learnt that we cant do without the chief sheperd....
Re: Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily by hisableplc(m): 6:46pm On Nov 14, 2013
Divepen: I just learnt that we cant do without the chief sheperd....

Beautiful....He is in us and with him we can do all things

(1) (Reply)

Rep Your Place Of Worship / Deliverance And Forgiveness / Do You Reject Or Maltreat Gospel Tracts And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.