Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,097 members, 7,880,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:06 PM

Incessant Cases Of Rape! Blame It On Civilization. Marry Early! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Incessant Cases Of Rape! Blame It On Civilization. Marry Early! (759 Views)

Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's / 90% Of Rape Cases Are Self-inflicted - Katsina Attorney General / 700lb Californian Woman, The World's Fattest Woman - 'i Blame It On My Genes' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Incessant Cases Of Rape! Blame It On Civilization. Marry Early! by Gregzee: 2:08pm On Nov 14, 2013
I remember the good old days, when culture is the pride of the people and the child belongs to the community.
I remember few faces who went to University, Military, or work for the government...how we would sit in crowds and listen to their stories!
their advices .... Everybody knows one another and is shaped by the value with which they are known. You talk about the Ebonyi rice, Ebonyi yam, Ada palms, Tomato Jos, Garri Ijebu, Ofada rice etc...these are different identities. Now what kind of news do we get from every quarters? hardly one week passes without kidnapping in Enugu, Robbery in Onitcha, Boko harram in Damaturu, rape in Oshun, Ogun and the O Os http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/26-yr-old-court-raping-strangulating-10-yr-old-cousin/! I am advocating for return to old good days...old good cultures.
Re: Incessant Cases Of Rape! Blame It On Civilization. Marry Early! by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 15, 2013
Gregzee: I remember the good old days, when culture is the pride of the people and the child belongs to the community.
I remember few faces who went to University, Military, or work for the government...how we would sit in crowds and listen to their stories!
their advices .... Everybody knows one another and is shaped by the value with which they are known. You talk about the Ebonyi rice, Ebonyi yam, Ada palms, Tomato Jos, Garri Ijebu, Ofada rice etc...these are different identities. Now what kind of news do we get from every quarters? hardly one week passes without kidnapping in Enugu, Robbery in Onitcha, Boko harram in Damaturu, rape in Oshun, Ogun and the O Os http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/26-yr-old-court-raping-strangulating-10-yr-old-cousin/! I am advocating for return to old good days...old good cultures.
My dear friend times have changed, and no matter what, those old days belong entirely to the past. Society I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ ever dynamic, that you need to know. Lest U forget, even In the past there were cases of molestation, but very stern measures where meted out on culprits to serve as deterrents.
I guess what we need now in Nigeria I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ a more proactive measure towards checking the menace. Laws on child molestation in the country I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ currently very weak. I would recommend a death penalty on child molesters cos molestation I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ a crime against humanity. If such a law or more stern laws are promulgated to check the menace in the country, instances of molestation will reduce drastically.
Whether we like it or not, civilization has come to stay, times are changing, and we cannot prevent it, we can only roll along with the trend. What we can only do, I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ to be careful as roll along, and more equitable measures in coping with the trend and sustaining it.

(1) (Reply)

MUST READ: My Encounter At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / The Virus Detective Who Discovered Ebola Virus In 1976 / Dele Momodu’s Exposé On Tom Ikimi And The APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.