Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,347 members, 7,884,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 03:23 PM

Motorola Announces The $179 Moto G, A Lot Of Smartphone For Not A Lot Of Money - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Motorola Announces The $179 Moto G, A Lot Of Smartphone For Not A Lot Of Money (3311 Views)

Samsung Unveil New Series Of Smartphone A5 & A3 See Specs In Nigeria / Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 / 10 Types Of Smartphone Displays, Touchscreens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Motorola Announces The $179 Moto G, A Lot Of Smartphone For Not A Lot Of Money by GChux1: 9:20pm On Nov 14, 2013
Following the expansion of
its Moto Maker service and a
price drop for the Moto X
earlier this week, Motorola
today announced the Moto G,
a new low-cost entry-level
smartphone for global
markets. The Moto G doesn't
skimp on features, but
Motorola is selling it for a
rock-bottom price: $179
unlocked and without
contract. The company says
that its partners plan to offer
it for even less.
Despite its bargain basement
price tag, the Moto G has a
4.5-inch, 720p LCD TFT
display, a quad-core
Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
processor, 1GB of RAM, 8 or
16GB of storage, a 5-
megapixel rear camera and
1.3-megapixel front-facing
camera, and a 2,070mAh
battery. Aesthetically, the
Moto G looks almost identical
to the Moto X, with a very
similar shape and feel. The
biggest differences are the
front-facing camera and rear
speaker, which are on the left
of the Moto G while they are
on the right of the Moto X....
All the other numb budget phones are in trouble. Click the link to read more http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/13/5096680/motorola-moto-g-announced-price-availability

3 Likes

Re: Motorola Announces The $179 Moto G, A Lot Of Smartphone For Not A Lot Of Money by Fhemmmy: 9:22pm On Nov 14, 2013
Not too bad of a phone for that kinda price
Re: Motorola Announces The $179 Moto G, A Lot Of Smartphone For Not A Lot Of Money by Habeebpain(m): 6:14am On Nov 15, 2013
There are some phones you see for the first time and you fall in love with them. The Moto G is one of such phones. Love this phone unconditionally.

2 Likes

Re: Motorola Announces The $179 Moto G, A Lot Of Smartphone For Not A Lot Of Money by GChux1: 6:58am On Nov 15, 2013
The phone is too awesome for its price. Looking for how to get it straight away. It's available in the UK now.
Re: Motorola Announces The $179 Moto G, A Lot Of Smartphone For Not A Lot Of Money by MrSharply(m): 7:02pm On Nov 17, 2013
Like serious this phone gut badt spec for such a price menh cnt wait to get my hands on soon enough waiting patiently

Not yet out u can pre order at amazon
Re: Motorola Announces The $179 Moto G, A Lot Of Smartphone For Not A Lot Of Money by physise(m): 7:04pm On Nov 17, 2013
wow
Re: Motorola Announces The $179 Moto G, A Lot Of Smartphone For Not A Lot Of Money by thewarrior72: 7:52pm On Nov 17, 2013
Abeg na how much for Naira
Re: Motorola Announces The $179 Moto G, A Lot Of Smartphone For Not A Lot Of Money by Zammydagreat(m): 10:11pm On Nov 17, 2013
No 4G and sd card slot
Re: Motorola Announces The $179 Moto G, A Lot Of Smartphone For Not A Lot Of Money by Ositainklord(m): 12:22am On Nov 18, 2013
the warrior72: Abeg na how much for Naira

N26,500 ... its the best deal this season
Re: Motorola Announces The $179 Moto G, A Lot Of Smartphone For Not A Lot Of Money by Ositainklord(m): 12:50am On Nov 18, 2013
Zammydagreat: No 4G and sd card slot
get a nexus 5 then. cos the 3g in Nigeria is even at peak speed shey?
Re: Motorola Announces The $179 Moto G, A Lot Of Smartphone For Not A Lot Of Money by lanre316: 7:09pm On Nov 18, 2013
Please who knows where and how I can get this phone in naija. I need it quick quick.
Re: Motorola Announces The $179 Moto G, A Lot Of Smartphone For Not A Lot Of Money by Kamaye(m): 8:19pm On Nov 18, 2013
lanre316: Please who knows where and how I can get this phone in naija. I need it quick quick.
you can't get this phone anytime soon in 9ja, it will be available in just 30 countries and Nigeria is not listed except if our importers will ship it here at a higher cost, don't be surprised if this phone is sold for 40k- 50k.
Re: Motorola Announces The $179 Moto G, A Lot Of Smartphone For Not A Lot Of Money by Fhemmmy: 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2013
Kamaye: you can't get this phone anytime soon in 9ja, it will be available in just 30 countries and Nigeria is not listed except if our importers will ship it here at a higher cost, don't be surprised if this phone is sold for 40k- 50k.

40K Naira is only 231$, where you will buy the phone, you will pay tax (In Canada or USA) and you will have to ship it to Nigeria, the importer will have to make some money too, so at the end of the day, if you get it for the 40K Naira, that is a great deal
Re: Motorola Announces The $179 Moto G, A Lot Of Smartphone For Not A Lot Of Money by htconeline: 1:19am On Nov 19, 2013
16g only nd no space for sd.don't be suprise if d prize is much dan what u are seeing dat how Motorola deceived wen dey want to lunch moto x.
Re: Motorola Announces The $179 Moto G, A Lot Of Smartphone For Not A Lot Of Money by Big4wig(m): 10:40am On Nov 19, 2013
Thats the price.its already on sale in Brazil and some other countries.don't know if its on sale in UK ebay
htconeline: 16g only nd no space for sd.don't be suprise if d prize is much dan what u are seeing dat how Motorola deceived wen dey want to lunch moto x.
Re: Motorola Announces The $179 Moto G, A Lot Of Smartphone For Not A Lot Of Money by GChux1: 6:38am On Nov 26, 2013
Well if it comes to Nigeria and turns out to be more expensive, I guess the next option will be order it from the UK....
Re: Motorola Announces The $179 Moto G, A Lot Of Smartphone For Not A Lot Of Money by GChux1: 6:40am On Nov 26, 2013
Big4wig: Thats the price.its already on sale in Brazil and some other countries.don't know if its on sale in UK ebay
It's already available in the UK, Canada, Brazil and some other countries. I think it's coming to Nigeria around January or February. Same period India is getting theirs. A friend of mine in the UK says the phone just works with an amazing battery life.

(1) (Reply)

Forget 4gig Ram's, This Beast Has An 8gig! :D / Where Can I Buy Phone On Instalment? / Is Innjoo One Better Than Infinix Zero?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.