Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,340 members, 7,943,845 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 06:20 AM

Women, You Can Have A Career And Still Keep A Happy Home. Learn To Delegate. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women, You Can Have A Career And Still Keep A Happy Home. Learn To Delegate. (1356 Views)

5 Types Of Lagos Women You Should Not Underrate / Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? / Men Do You Like The Women You Spend More Money On Than The Once You Do Not. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women, You Can Have A Career And Still Keep A Happy Home. Learn To Delegate. by SaudatShopping: 1:15pm On Nov 15, 2013
Local and International agencies are constantly promoting women empowerment, girl child education, active participation of women in board room politics and national politics. Although this is very good because women also have a lot to offer; this new shift is causing a huge problem in the family/homes. The men have been pursuing their careers for years without problems because they have effectively delegated the home to a competent person, the wife. Now that the wife is also leaving the home to pursue her career the problem arises. Our culture as Africans is for the woman to take care of the home and children, we can not escape that no matter how we try to be modern. What we as women can and must do is to delegate what we can to competent people. If both spouses are working it means there is more disposable income available. Make smart options with your extra income, use this to recruit a competent nanny for your children or an after-school care service, use a wash man or dry cleaner, use a fresh food delivery company like www.easyshopeasycook.com to help make sure your house has all the fresh foods and household items you need so you reduce market runs, work smarter in the office so you can finish early to come home on time to be with the family. Once you have delegated properly your home duties which can be delegated you will have enough time and energy to do other things that can not be delegated like listening to your kids, hugging them, attending to your spouse and relaxing. You and your spouse can have a good career once you accept your role as a home maker. Do all you can to make everyone satisfied. Having a career is rewarding but having a happy home with well fed children and satisfied spouse is bliss. At the end of time, family and not career is what will matter the most. Stay blessed.
Re: Women, You Can Have A Career And Still Keep A Happy Home. Learn To Delegate. by chyseth(m): 1:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
i like what you just wrote. it is very interesting to note. i want to believe that most men would appreciate an independent woman, where the problem comes is when there is a misplacement of prior. personally i like independent women but when it comes to marriage, am quick to check how you balance work and family life. once work life is all that matters to you, then there is a problem. i also try to be conscious of it because sometimes you can easily be carried away with out noticing it. but once you are making effort to balance it with a partner that understands too, then there should not be a problem
Re: Women, You Can Have A Career And Still Keep A Happy Home. Learn To Delegate. by bukatyne(f): 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
Saudat-Shopping:
Local and International agencies are constantly promoting women empowerment, girl child education, active participation of women in board room politics and national politics. Although this is very good because women also have a lot to offer; this new shift is causing a huge problem in the family/homes. The men have been pursuing their careers for years without problems because they have effectively delegated the home to a competent person, the wife. Now that the wife is also leaving the home to pursue her career the problem arises. Our culture as Africans is for the woman to take care of the home and children, we can not escape that no matter how we try to be modern. What we as women can and must do is to delegate what we can to competent people. If both spouses are working it means there is more disposable income available. Make smart options with your extra income, use this to recruit a competent nanny for your children or an after-school care service, use a wash man or dry cleaner, use a fresh food delivery company like www.easyshopeasycook.com to help make sure your house has all the fresh foods and household items you need so you reduce market runs, work smarter in the office so you can finish early to come home on time to be with the family. Once you have delegated properly your home duties which can be delegated you will have enough time and energy to do other things that can not be delegated like listening to your kids, hugging them, attending to your spouse and relaxing. You and your spouse can have a good career once you accept your role as a home maker. Do all you can to make everyone satisfied. Having a career is rewarding but having a happy home with well fed children and satisfied spouse is bliss. At the end of time, family and not career is what will matter the most. Stay blessed.

Your write up is nice and the bolded is classic

However, different things trill different people,
Re: Women, You Can Have A Career And Still Keep A Happy Home. Learn To Delegate. by SaudatShopping: 2:20pm On Nov 22, 2013
chyseth: i like what you just wrote. it is very interesting to note. i want to believe that most men would appreciate an independent woman, where the problem comes is when there is a misplacement of prior. personally i like independent women but when it comes to marriage, am quick to check how you balance work and family life. once work life is all that matters to you, then there is a problem. i also try to be conscious of it because sometimes you can easily be carried away with out noticing it. but once you are making effort to balance it with a partner that understands too, then there should not be a problem
You are right Chyseth "a partner that understands" is important. All hands on deck to build a happy home without any partner feeling cheated at life or the children deprived.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Get My Attention Back. / Ladies Competing To Marry The "Financially Loaded" / What If There Was No "Cheating" In Relationships?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.