Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,200 members, 7,887,516 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:56 AM

Unmanned Drones Spotted In Lagos, Ogun And Abuja - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Unmanned Drones Spotted In Lagos, Ogun And Abuja (789 Views)

Man Spotted Riding A Bike Unclad On The Highway (Photo) / Tiger-Battery Powered Stove Spotted In Aba / Photo Of The Day: Man Spotted In UK Airport Carrying His Baby Tied On His Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unmanned Drones Spotted In Lagos, Ogun And Abuja by tobex23(m): 8:36am On Nov 16, 2013
At night, lets say 6pm downwards for the last 5months, i noticed a light always shining in the sky, as usual i thought it was just a star, but there were no stars up there just the bright light. Then as usual of a typical Nigerian i had this "what's my own business believe". I took my Mind away, but i later noticed i see it every night even when its raining, and atimes during the day it glows.
On the 14th of this month of November, that's 2 days ago i watched a foreign movie titled "Body Of Lies" the main character was Leonardo Dicaprio(an America military spy), a movie about "terrorism" Der was scene were he was watched by U.S. Military all the ways from America and he(leonardo DiCaprio) was in Iraq, the machine used to watch him was about 16,000 feet from the ground and they could zoom to the level of him buying fruits......and then leonardo was shown looking up at the unmanned drone, it was exactly the same with what i have been seeing at my place, so i went to read more about the movie online which was produced in 2007 but released in 2008, the producer said it actually exists and has been placed in places suspected to terrorists location in America, i went on my FB and asked some friends and they said there is something similar to it in Abuja. I don't think the federal Government signed any document with America to release UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLES, in Nigeria and if so are we not suppose to be aware? Is it not prying into the privacy of our country, and even Aso rock?

This is the site i read about it....
www.popularmechanics.com/_mobile/technology/military/4286845

its direct to the movie.
Re: Unmanned Drones Spotted In Lagos, Ogun And Abuja by stanogb(m): 8:40am On Nov 16, 2013
really....
Re: Unmanned Drones Spotted In Lagos, Ogun And Abuja by tobex23(m): 8:46am On Nov 16, 2013
stan-ogb:
really....

yeah....its also surprising but true
Re: Unmanned Drones Spotted In Lagos, Ogun And Abuja by whirlwind7(m): 8:51am On Nov 16, 2013
And just like that, you concluded that you (we) are being spied on by drones. And they are from America? I'm not trying to agree or disagree, but from your final comments, you seem to have confirmed that there are drones out there, they were sent by the American government, and that Nigeria's government is not aware of it.

#yawns#
Re: Unmanned Drones Spotted In Lagos, Ogun And Abuja by tobex23(m): 9:04am On Nov 16, 2013
whirlwind7: And just like that, you concluded that you (we) are being spied on by drones. And they are from America? I'm not trying to agree or disagree, but from your final comments, you seem to have confirmed that there are drones out there, they were sent by the American government, and that Nigeria's government is not aware of it.

#yawns#

why i bliv the govt is not aware is that of recent last week Thursday Television continental(TVC) morning paper review the lady that anchors the show brought up something similar, saying there is a security machine that spies on Aso rock which our goverment is not aware of, saying why cant they sue U.S for doing that.
Re: Unmanned Drones Spotted In Lagos, Ogun And Abuja by frodobee: 9:07am On Nov 16, 2013
When i was in school, i used to sit at the back when the lesson is on. I noticed that my i dont use to see what the tescher is writing on the board clearly, bt my friends do.
Ok. The long and short of it is that i recommend to you what was recommended to me- eye glass- only that ur own shld be double lens or binoculars.
Re: Unmanned Drones Spotted In Lagos, Ogun And Abuja by tobex23(m): 9:24am On Nov 16, 2013
frodobee: When i was in school, i used to sit at the back when the lesson is on. I noticed that my i dont use to see what the tescher is writing on the board clearly, bt my friends do.
Ok. The long and short of it is that i recommend to you what was recommended to me- eye glass- only that ur own shld be double lens or binoculars.

really? So all the people that have also seen it are short-sighted....my friends who saw smthing similar in Abj is having eye defect. Smh!
Re: Unmanned Drones Spotted In Lagos, Ogun And Abuja by nrdgeek: 10:01am On Nov 16, 2013
German PM, Angela Merkel's phone has been tapped, what's to prevent the almighty US from watching us 16,000 feet in the sky?
Besides, drones are becoming common, to be honest. Even private citizens in the US and UK play around with different kinds of limited capability drones and quadcopters mounted with Go-pro cameras.

I read somewhere how a quadcopter caused palaver when it was spotted outside a sky scraper with a camera monitoring an official meeting.
Commercial interests are already beginning to start deploying these kinds of drones to deliver goods ordered online and through phone.
The US FAA is going crazy, trying to prevent unlicensed use of drones for commercial purposes. Just check drones on Youtube and you'll appreciate the possibilities. I'm thinking of getting one for myself.

(1) (Reply)

When Nairaland Was Down,which Sight Do You Visited / Seun, Cloudfare Is Back / What Is Wrong With This Man? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.