Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,611 members, 7,911,575 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 12:39 PM

ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 (28586 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by omanifrank(m): 6:49am On Nov 17, 2013
Adex097:
I thought as much
angry
#Season Film continues
what a film

Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by chi4ik(m): 6:50am On Nov 17, 2013
God Y all this? Pls $ pls, I don't wana hear anything about ASUU again, let God judge ASUU.
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by corperscorner: 6:52am On Nov 17, 2013
ƪ(˘⌣˘)┐ ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ ┌(˘⌣˘ʃ
ASUU dis....ASUU dat.
Dey will perish on their way to d meeting.
Make all of dem die throway make we begin dey joli dey go.

Bliv me.....politics has a hand in dis. Iyayi was killed, he didn't die. Na my neighbour drive dat vehicle wey hit der bus. D guy dey.run mouth for here say "mission accomplished". If care is not taken, we go kidnap der family kon bury dem alive.
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by sammyv(m): 6:58am On Nov 17, 2013
It beta u guyz shuld stop disturbin ur health ova ASUU. It a tin u shuld knw, strike can't b called off diz yr any longer so plz save ur breath 4 beta tinz 2 cum nd let ASUU be oo
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by Nonychinonso(m): 6:58am On Nov 17, 2013
people can see nw that is nt the federa government is the problem bt ASUU,majority of university in nigeria hv voted against the strike wot else are thy still discussing,on how to share the money i guess?
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by LadyJul(f): 7:00am On Nov 17, 2013
Am hearing a rumour dat uniport wants to pull away 4rm ASUU strike,please how true is dis?
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by slap1(m): 7:03am On Nov 17, 2013
They should suspend this strike abeg. His death is painful, yes, but life goes on. If TB Joshua told me I won't graduate by this time of the year, I won't take him seriously. What's all these?
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by chiboy429(m): 7:03am On Nov 17, 2013
If they like they should go to indefinite mourning for him. What about the lives of thousands of Nigerian students that were wasted and lost just within this period ,how many respect was paid to them.?
Why allowing and imposing unnecessary karma of another man on other people,no doubt that he die on this fight to revamp the educational status of the country but every man should be treated equal no man should be idolised because what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by profvic3: 7:04am On Nov 17, 2013
dont know why some nitwits wil be seeking attention typ typin poppycock in som rubbish twitter.so nigerians ar very myopic in thier,using the masses mind to play in such a delicate issue such as dis.smh.that been said i still think it will take d Grace of God for ASUU to call off dis strike dis year.most of dem av already set plans aside on how to embezzle their own share wen d national cake finally comes..in all they do d students are in d recievin end.am almost givin hope of going to skul dis year.not my fault tho.buh dis country is a hopeless country.smh
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by fasho01(m): 7:05am On Nov 17, 2013
Gwekzy: What about. 'ASUU may call off strike today' which was displayed through out yesterday on Channels TV...

Channels TV also heightened the hopes of many with that info. So so annoying angry
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by jfkenny(m): 7:05am On Nov 17, 2013
[quote author=Dubemkelly]Never believed that crap....The most authentic information remains 15th of Jan,2014 cos it has made headline on news tho I hope people react to that date. I see no reason why they would pretend mourning n if u go check out those professors,they are all chilling n attending owambes in their respective cribs. A 3days mourning is cool to honour him.a minute silence is enough haba.
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by slap1(m): 7:06am On Nov 17, 2013
corperscorner: ƪ(˘⌣˘)┐ ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ ┌(˘⌣˘ʃ
ASUU dis....ASUU dat.

Bliv me.....politics has a hand in dis. Iyayi was killed, he didn't die. Na my neighbour drive dat vehicle wey hit der bus. D guy dey.run mouth for here say "mission accomplished". If care is not taken, we go kidnap der family kon bury dem alive.
And why haven't you reported the guy to the police? LIAR!
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by NerdyPoet(m): 7:09am On Nov 17, 2013
cumpaddre: The idiiot behind the fake acct has since changed d handle to @mr_andre2000. He's now enjoying the over 6 thousand followers he gained from his deception. Feel free to go there and greet him.gringringringringringrin

Lol!.. Another dude (a blogger) has started using the handle. He has like 125 followers already. I told them all yesterday that ASUU does not have a twitter account but they just wanted to believe it just because it seemed positive.
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by BCELLS(m): 7:11am On Nov 17, 2013
Someone should please tell me why God will not start inflicting pains on every member of this so called ASUU starting from Fagge?Bunch of primitive bloody sadists!
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by Namady(m): 7:11am On Nov 17, 2013
fasho01: Came across this & decided to share it here. Don't know why some unscrupulous elements choose to spread rumours by opening a false twitter account & misleading millions of Nigerians.SMH

ASUU strike: Union confirms NEC meeting did not hold today

By Phillip Eta on November 16, 2013

Dr. Olusegun Ajiboye, the chairman of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, in the University of Ibadan, has confirmed that stories which made the rounds on Saturday, that the National Executive Council, NEC, would hold an emergency meeting in Kano, were false.

Ajiboye was speaking in an interview on Diamond FM, University of Ibadan and stated that no meeting was scheduled for today, as they were still in the middle of a seven-day morning, which was declared in honour of the late Professor Festus Iyayi, a former national chairman of the Union.

It would be recalled that Iyayi lost his life in a fatal crash, on his way to Bayero University, Kano, where members of ASUU were to meet and reach a final decision, on whether to continue with the strike or accept the federal government’s offer.

Source : http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/11/16/ASUU-strike-union-confirms-nec-meeting-did-not-hold-today/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=ASUU-strike-union-confirms-nec-meeting-did-not-hold-today
undecided
fasho01: Came across this & decided to share it here. Don't know why some unscrupulous elements choose to spread rumours by opening a false twitter account & misleading millions of Nigerians.SMH

ASUU strike: Union confirms NEC meeting did not hold today

By Phillip Eta on November 16, 2013

Dr. Olusegun Ajiboye, the chairman of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, in the University of Ibadan, has confirmed that stories which made the rounds on Saturday, that the National Executive Council, NEC, would hold an emergency meeting in Kano, were false.

Ajiboye was speaking in an interview on Diamond FM, University of Ibadan and stated that no meeting was scheduled for today, as they were still in the middle of a seven-day morning, which was declared in honour of the late Professor Festus Iyayi, a former national chairman of the Union.

It would be recalled that Iyayi lost his life in a fatal crash, on his way to Bayero University, Kano, where members of ASUU were to meet and reach a final decision, on whether to continue with the strike or accept the federal government’s offer.

Source : http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/11/16/ASUU-strike-union-confirms-nec-meeting-did-not-hold-today/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=ASUU-strike-union-confirms-nec-meeting-did-not-hold-today
Nawa ooo! So dat twitter stuffs na fake...SMH
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by NerdyPoet(m): 7:11am On Nov 17, 2013
[quote author=jfkenny.][/quote]

The Jan 15th ish is false too. ASUU hasn't announced any date yet, is it that difficult to believe?
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 17, 2013
Lady~Jul:
Am hearing a rumour dat uniport wants to pull away 4rm ASUU strike,please how true is dis?
nope, i just called a reliable source styl arnd school nw. He said its nt likely tho he heard bout d rumour too. Plus uniport will lose if dy pull out @ dis moment. B4 u start asking me about my SOURce, it d SUG D.O.S.
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by AnsuEncore(m): 7:13am On Nov 17, 2013
Davo93: ASUU is now biting than they can shew... We understand you lost your member but our life should not be at the receiving end. Afterall, a lot of students
have been terminated in course of this strike.

Ehya see wetin ASUU strike dey cause, oga na chew no be shew... And I love d way u used d word "terminated" , I get d humour behind it.,lol undecided
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by Danhumprey: 7:14am On Nov 17, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesyI laugh at some people guilibility cheesy cheesygrin grin
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by Miner13: 7:14am On Nov 17, 2013
Davo93: ASUU is now biting than they can shew... We understand you lost your member but our life should not be at the receiving end. Afterall, a lot of students have been terminated in course of this strike.
u mean ur own is at d receivin end wit ur half baked cert. Wen wil u jst reason beyond ursef 2 mak our educatn a beta 1 if nt d best.

Hw far wil d certificat dat wil b offer u compete wit dat of our private uni. nd dos 4rm outside uni.
Besides, wat can u do wit d cert dat u'l hold at hand if dia is no work. My brother ntin absolutely ntin jst 2 start roomin our street shoutin foul of govt.
Itz tim ur reasonin is elevated nd ur IQ build dat ur cert. Witot depend on any sector 4 employment.
Jst hop dis advic wil meet u wel.
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by tutaboi(m): 7:33am On Nov 17, 2013
Damn suspense !
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by engrfcuksmtin(m): 7:33am On Nov 17, 2013
Miner13:
u mean ur own is at d receivin end wit ur half baked cert. Wen wil u jst reason beyond ursef 2 mak our educatn a beta 1 if nt d best
This issue has gone beyond what you are saying, the government has agreed to settle for something which was tabled before ASUU members, lecturers from over 120 Universities agreed that they should take the new offer. Meanwhile the government did not tamper with the 92 billion earned allowance cos they arrange to pay 30billion now and 62billion later which the account will be domiciled with central bank. So what is the problem of Fagge and co. Intact they contribute to the death of Iyayi by 1. Not adopting e-conference technology, policy of not allowing members on duty during strike to take flight and fixing of meeting in distanced n troubled kano. Agreed they should mourn the dead but at the same time not hold millions of Nigeria to ransom. As a matter of fact this strike has been politicized and am suspecting fagge who happens to be a member of Northern Elders Forum (strong anti-non northern presidency).

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by tutaboi(m): 7:34am On Nov 17, 2013
Damn suspense
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by BrightCar: 7:37am On Nov 17, 2013
IF UNA REOPEN MAKE SHAME CATCH UNA. SELFISH EGOISTIC PEOPLE WHO REGARDS THEMSELVES ABOVE D INTEREST OF D NATION.
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by tutaboi(m): 7:37am On Nov 17, 2013
this suspense is killing
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by engrfcuksmtin(m): 7:40am On Nov 17, 2013
B_CELLS: Someone should please tell me why God will not start inflicting pains on every member of this so called ASUU starting from Fagge?Bunch of primitive bloody sadists!
Mr it is not every member of ASUU that is in support of this indefinite postponement of NEC meeting,. Are you aware that majority of the members are in the dark as myself and you. So many of them fell for the fake news (I live and work in the University ccommunity, ABU) and most people I interacted with are not comfortable with the actions of Fagge and co.

Oya, everybody go and take your bath and go to Church or NASFAT fellowship.
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by sammydee517(m): 7:44am On Nov 17, 2013
glizengem: Lyk seriously no body shud Eva post news on ASUU again dis yr......w@s ol dis rubbish na.. Some students go don get high bp sef. ASUU dis, ASUU d@ bla bla bla
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by arctoni: 7:46am On Nov 17, 2013
corperscorner: ƪ(˘⌣˘)┐ ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ ┌(˘⌣˘ʃ
ASUU dis....ASUU dat.

Guy,I tot I had already told u nt 2 tak 2 much of weed,...it wil tamper wit ur brain.....nw u see wat u ar postin
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by ogeoflyf(f): 7:50am On Nov 17, 2013
And I thought Jonathan said that he gives ASUU a week to end the strike or they'l use plan B... what happened to the plan B angry undecided
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by Davo93(m): 7:54am On Nov 17, 2013
Miner13:
u mean ur own is at d receivin end wit ur half baked cert. Wen wil u jst reason beyond ursef 2 mak our educatn a beta 1 if nt d best.

Hw far wil d certificat dat wil b offer u compete wit dat of our private uni. nd dos 4rm outside uni.
Besides, wat can u do wit d cert dat u'l hold at hand if dia is no work. My brother ntin absolutely ntin jst 2 start roomin our street shoutin foul of govt.
Itz tim ur reasonin is elevated nd ur IQ build dat ur cert. Witot depend on any sector 4 employment.
Jst hop dis advic wil meet u wel.
It took me several times to read this post to get what your talking about.

Let me state here that nobody is saying the government is right and that does not make ASUU an inch better too. It is too early to start an arguement on a holy day like this. Maybe when i return from church, i will try to shed more light on my stance if necessary.
Re: ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013 by BCELLS(m): 7:55am On Nov 17, 2013
Millions of Nigeria students future hang in the balance owing to an individuals demise!Only God knows what iyayis soul is facing now 'cos he was amngst the sadist kicking against the suspension of the strike.No where in the world will FG meet 100% of peoples demands.ASUU desire nothing else but to frustrate GEJ administration while students at the receiving end!.only God can judge them,only God!ASUU members should be ready for imminent plague should the strike lingers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady, Opeyemi, Bags First Class Degree In Law From UK University / 2015 Cowbell Mathematics Champion, Akinkuowo Honoured By School. / National Open University Of Nigeria , Is There Admission Form Still On Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.