Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,513 members, 7,911,253 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 08:19 AM

Must I Use Corel Draw To Design Before Colour Separation Can Be Done? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Must I Use Corel Draw To Design Before Colour Separation Can Be Done? (2272 Views)

Digital Colour Separation Machine For Sale.n1.2m / Photoshop And Corel Draw Tutorials Class / Corel Draw To Create Magazine And Flyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must I Use Corel Draw To Design Before Colour Separation Can Be Done? by Spandy(m): 7:55am On Nov 17, 2013
I am new to graphic design, The other day I designed a flyer for a church programme with photoshop and went to do the colour separation/printing, they said I should have used corel draw to design the thing for easy colour separation process.I tried importing it to corel draw but the whole design was distorted! My question is, can't they do the separation directly in photoshop?
Re: Must I Use Corel Draw To Design Before Colour Separation Can Be Done? by Archmage(m): 8:56am On Nov 17, 2013
Each design software has color sepration, just dat d technique is difrent 4 each. Coreldraw is very popular dats y it seems to b d standad in nigeria. U can export d work as jpg or png and import it into coreldraw

1 Like

Re: Must I Use Corel Draw To Design Before Colour Separation Can Be Done? by Spandy(m): 1:29pm On Nov 17, 2013
Thanks bro for your response. I suggested that to them and they said that if the file is converted to jpeg, it will affect the quality of colours on the flyer. I was confused, I was forced to do the design with coreldraw all over again. Pls can you guide me through the process?
Re: Must I Use Corel Draw To Design Before Colour Separation Can Be Done? by Archmage(m): 7:49pm On Nov 18, 2013
Spandy: Thanks bro for your response. I suggested that to them and they said that if the file is converted to jpeg, it will affect the quality of colours on the flyer. I was confused, I was forced to do the design with coreldraw all over again. Pls can you guide me through the process?
is it dat u wnto learn how to use coreldraw?? Or i shud try using coreldraw 2 hlp u replicate d artwork
Re: Must I Use Corel Draw To Design Before Colour Separation Can Be Done? by OKX(m): 11:36am On Nov 19, 2013
@spandy
by default, photoshop designs in RGB color format which is cool if u intend to use a photoprinter.
by default, corel uses CMYK color mode, which is most widely used when preparing artwork to be printed using process colours/ ink.

u say u are new to graphic design, so i would suggest that u use Corel until your knowledge base increases to the point where u grasp the different colour modes and how to switch. u can still use CMYK colour mode in Photoshop when designing to avoid the colour change if u are to import to CorelDraw.
u dont need to convert to jpeg, Corel will read photoshop format...but u may have to rasterize some effects in Photoshop before importing.
ur colours will remain the same in both apps as long as u use the same colour modes.

what exactly do u mean when u say 'distorted'?

cheers

(1) (Reply)

Quick Question - How do People Watch Videos In Nigeria? / New Graphics Of CD Jacket By Kennybam / Please Which Software Do You Use To Make Cartoon Pictures Like This One??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.