Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,886 members, 7,883,108 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 12:15 AM

Pastors And Prophecy... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pastors And Prophecy... (1861 Views)

Pastor Gave Fake Prophecy That Destroyed My Marriage Of 10 Years / Pastor Snatch Another Pastors Wife / Should I Stop Her From Seeing 'pastors'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastors And Prophecy... by cancerlib: 12:18pm On Nov 17, 2013
If a pastor tell u that few years after ur marriage, ur husband will have a second wife, will u tell ur fiance (future husband) ? Or just keep it to yourself?
Re: Pastors And Prophecy... by EfemenaXY: 12:22pm On Nov 17, 2013
cancerlib: If a pastor tell u that few years after ur marriage, ur husband will have a second wife, will u tell ur fiance (future husband) ? Or just keep it to yourself?

Do you naively believe everything you're told - hook, line and sinker?

If your pastor tells you, a few years after you've tied the knot that your wife will take on a younger, better looking lover with the strength of a horse, will you tell your fiancée / future wife? Or just keep it to yourself?

1 Like

Re: Pastors And Prophecy... by Eskycom: 12:29pm On Nov 17, 2013
Them in that case the fiance is not my future husband.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastors And Prophecy... by 4tunebest(f): 12:43pm On Nov 17, 2013
Then I would say the person is lucky to have been warned aforetime IF and only IF the prophecy is indeed true. It would be wise to quit that relationship. However, you shouldnt make your decision to quit based solely on what your pastor told you. You have to get the conviction yourself 'cos it is your life and not your pastor's life.You can go to God yourself for Him to speak to you and He may even show you deeper things that Your pastor didnt see. Make your decision based on your own personal conviction to avoid future regrets
Re: Pastors And Prophecy... by cancerlib: 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2013
4tunebest: Then I would say the person is lucky to have been warned aforetime IF and only IF the prophecy is indeed true. It would be wise to quit that relationship. However, you shouldnt make your decision to quit based solely on what your pastor told you. You have to get the conviction yourself 'cos it is your life and not your pastor's life.You can go to God yourself for Him to speak to you and He may even show you deeper things that Your pastor didnt see. Make your decision based on your own personal conviction to avoid future regrets
The question here is not believing or not what d pastor said. The question is should she tell d fiance about ds or keep it to herself.
Re: Pastors And Prophecy... by 4tunebest(f): 12:58pm On Nov 17, 2013
cancerlib:
The question here is not believing or not what d pastor said. The question is should she tell d fiance about ds or keep it to herself.

Are we assuming that she isn't quitting the relationship?
Re: Pastors And Prophecy... by cancerlib: 1:24pm On Nov 17, 2013
4tunebest:

Are we assuming that she isn't quitting the relationship?
We are not assuming anything yet....if a prophet tell u something negative about ur better half, will u tell him or just keep it to urself
Re: Pastors And Prophecy... by 4tunebest(f): 1:39pm On Nov 17, 2013
Ok. My decision to tell him or not would depend on if I chose to continue with the relationship or quit. It seems 'am getting on some nerves here. Peace out
Re: Pastors And Prophecy... by cancerlib: 2:07pm On Nov 17, 2013
4tunebest: Ok. My decision to tell him or not would depend on if I chose to continue with the relationship or quit. It seems 'am getting on some nerves here. Peace out
Oh no! Not at all sis, I just don't want this thread to be look at religiously.
It was a colleague of mine that confided in me on friday that her pastor said such of her fiance. She have little or no faith in prophecies so she had no reason to believe this either.
Her court wedding is scheduled to hold next week so talk of quitting on d basis of prophecy is out of it.
She only wants to know if telling her fiance about ds prophecy will keep him in check if truly he's got such mind or push him out that afterall ur pastor said so.
Tnx
Re: Pastors And Prophecy... by 4tunebest(f): 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2013
Telling him would not keep him in check neither would it change him in any way. Even if it does, for how long? A true prophecy would come to pass no matter how tough both parties fight it to prevent it from happening. Fate happens... That is if the prophecy is truly from God and not a figment of the pastor's imagination. Yorubas call it Akosile...

In other words, whether the prophecy is true or false, telling him doesnt change anything. She should decide which one suits her best, either to tell him or not, the result is thesame

1 Like

Re: Pastors And Prophecy... by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 17, 2013
Fake pastor every where. I will tell him to mind his business

1 Like

Re: Pastors And Prophecy... by juman(m): 3:19pm On Nov 17, 2013
Chillisauce: Fake pastor every where. I will tell him to mind his business

Cause by joblessness in the country.
Re: Pastors And Prophecy... by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 17, 2013
Unless u hv doubt about ur intended and didn't sought for the face of God b4 proposing.
Just like what a man of God told pastor paul enenche when he proposed to his now wife,becky.
Pastor said she(becky) wasn't meant for him, their marriage should be going to 18yrs now.

As a christian, did u seek d face of God?

1 Like

Re: Pastors And Prophecy... by baralatie(m): 7:23pm On Nov 17, 2013
cancerlib: If a pastor tell u that few years after ur marriage, ur husband will have a second wife, will u tell ur fiance (future husband) ? Or just keep it to yourself?
do u believe in prophecies!
Re: Pastors And Prophecy... by cancerlib: 9:33am On Nov 20, 2013
baralatie:
do u believe in prophecies!
Yea, depending on d person prophesying

1 Like

Re: Pastors And Prophecy... by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 20, 2013
Of course, i would tell him and we wld both laff over it! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pastors And Prophecy... by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 20, 2013
Some of these prophecies can be funny. I will give you a real life example. A couple were getting married and wife's mother insisted on them going to see a popular prophet. The couple very reluctantly agreed and on getting there, the prophet prophesied that after three months, another lady would claim she is pregnant for the husband and he must refuse the pregnancy.

My good friend who was the guy in this case was shocked as he knew there was a zero percent chance of that happening. The only person that got pregnant was his wife. Of course they laughed about it. Very silly prophecy indeed. I dont even listen to those guys.

1 Like

Re: Pastors And Prophecy... by bellong: 9:44am On Nov 22, 2013
4tunebest: Telling him would not keep him in check neither would it change him in any way. Even if it does, for how long? A true prophecy would come to pass no matter how tough both parties fight it to prevent it from happening. Fate happens... That is if the prophecy is truly from God and not a figment of the pastor's imagination. Yorubas call it Akosile...

In other words, whether the prophecy is true or false, telling him doesnt change anything. She should decide which one suits her best, either to tell him or not, the result is thesame

Sis, the bolded is a false understanding of prophecy. Even if it is from God, not all prophecies get to be fulfilled depending on circumstances and conditions attached.
Some prophecies are meant to be averted, example is that of Jonah to the people of Nineveh. Infact, all evil prophecy can be averted if one truly turns to God and do what is required.

He is not a wicked God to intentional bring evil one's way. The gift of prophecy is to establish one's faith and nurture in the faith and not for destruction.

1 Like

Re: Pastors And Prophecy... by RedReact: 10:47pm On Nov 22, 2013
^^^
Nodding in agreement to was said above this. Sometimes, those prophecies are like warning to prepared ahead of what is to come. Many wont even come through to fulfillment at all if both parties stand their ground. First thing is to check for the conviction of both parties to the future and relationship. Besides, be your on prophet; #1 consultant to your real you in all matters of life. Besides, that is not prophecy, though we call it to be. Prophecies are non-negative utterances pronounced supernaturally without fore-knowledge or post knowledge of the speaker (sorry for digression).
On whether she should tell, I do not see any reason why she should do so. It will reek of immaturity. If they say A will happen and it is against your conviction(s), then transpose that A into what you are conviced of.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kidnapped Ayobami Jaiyeola’s Family Has Been Contacted By Her Abductors. / To Whom Do I Pay The Dowry Of A Wife From Motherless Babies Homes? / How Much Percentage Of A Mans Salary Should He Give His Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.