Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,940 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:56 AM

U.I Marks Her 65th Foundation Day Anniversary - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / U.I Marks Her 65th Foundation Day Anniversary (626 Views)

NDA SHORTLISTED NAMES FOR ARMED FORCES SELECTION BOARD FOR THE 65TH RC / Nigeria Defence Academy (NDA) 65th Regular Course Form Is Out / 65th Regular Course Of The Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.I Marks Her 65th Foundation Day Anniversary by Miracleojo(m): 5:12pm On Nov 17, 2013
The premier university in Nigeria,university of ibadan commonly known as U.I is marking her 65th foundation day anniversary today,17th November,2013.
The university's chapel,Chapel of the resurrection held a special thanksgiving programme in the chapel between 10:00am and 12:30pm today.
In attendance at the programme is the vice-chancellor of the university,prof. Isaac Adewole;the two deputies to the v.c;the university's registrar,librarian,provost of the college of medicine,deans of faculties and the heads of departments.
The chaplain made it vivid in his remarks that the chapel isn't celebrating the day because of the on-going ASUU strike,but that the university is marking the day because it is sacred to the citadel.
The university of ibadan is the first university in Nigeria and has produced as graduates reputable nigerians,in the likes of a nobel lauret,prof.wole soyinka;writers like Ayo Banjo,Chinue Achebe,Govs,senetors,honorables,ministers,pastors like Adeboye,Kumuyi etc.
The university's slogan " the first and the best" isn't just a slogan but indeed really real.The university is reputable for her wealth of experienced lecturers,the university has the highest number of professors in any Nigeria university,she has the best post graduate school in Nigeria and one of the best in sub-saharan Africa.
U.I produces/graduates the highest number of ph.D. student in the whole of africa.
As U.I goes beyond 65years of existence......
long live the university of ibadan the first and the best

ong live the federal republic of Nigeria..........
Re: U.I Marks Her 65th Foundation Day Anniversary by tsleazy(m): 5:32pm On Nov 17, 2013
Congrats to U.I, the foundation stone of cultisim in nigeria
Re: U.I Marks Her 65th Foundation Day Anniversary by Miracleojo(m): 8:39pm On Nov 17, 2013
bro u aren't fair enough.though you might be right
Re: U.I Marks Her 65th Foundation Day Anniversary by Deekaydadon(m): 8:39pm On Nov 17, 2013
tsleazy: Congrats to U.I, the foundation stone of cultisim in nigeria

Call it whatever u want, that's your prerogative, we still remain the FIRST and the BEST tongue
Re: U.I Marks Her 65th Foundation Day Anniversary by Miracleojo(m): 12:10am On Nov 18, 2013
Deekaydadon:

Call it whatever u want, that's your prerogative, we still remain the FIRST and the BEST tongue
rightly put

(1) (Reply)

Iyayi’s Burial: ASUU Bars Government Officials / ASUU STRIKE Updates: Varsities Can Be Reopened BUT... / FUTA's Paper Adjudged Best At International Conference On Internet Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.