Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,602 members, 7,934,799 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 01:40 PM

Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) (38754 Views)

It's Wise To Rent A House During Rainy Season In Lagos (photo) / Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 1 Bedroom Bungalow. / Low Cost Housing. A Case Study Of The Cost Of Building A 2 Bedroom Bungalow. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by kostadinis: 5:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I so much agree with you on that and spending such Total of 2,136,000 bulk cash on the other piece of land for anything he wants [b]would take the other to maybe lintel and almost decking . . . Thanks for this great analysis, Sir[/b]

Another food for thought,Sir.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by Whitehorse: 8:01pm On Nov 29, 2013
spyder880: @ Whitehorse, Fhemmmy, the cost of each of the lands is N2m, not N1m. That is why I am using a PE ratio of 8x as my calculation.

The beauty of this investment is not the property or the noise in the yard, but the future value of this same land in that location 8 years later. You can choose to;

1. Continue collecting free money as rent every month, since you have got all your initial investment back.

2. Renovate the house, remodel it and rent it as something else.

3. Demolish the whole house and use same for another project entirely, like a block of luxury flats in the now bustling neighborhood.

4. Sell the land as a fresh land after demolishion and take your capital somewhere else.

So much possibilities!

All the above makes sense.
8 years is not a bad lenght to recover your initial costs...
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by Getreal: 8:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
Whitehorse: @Getreal,

Thanks for the info. I was in Enugu two years ago, but did not visit Nike area. I must confess Enugu of now is very different from the Enugu of the 90's... What is the rent like for a two bed in flat in Nike ? Also, any idea what students pay for 1 man rooms these days?

@ Spyder,
How much do you intend to rent this your rooms for? Or if you do not want to tell us now, please what is the going rate in Nike/Enugu?

If the figures add up, Enugu should be a good place to invest, property wise, no need putting all ones eggs in Lagos. smiley

@ Whitehorse

I dont really know about d rent for a 1 man room but depending on d location along enugu east ,For two beds it can go for 150k, 180, 200 and 250k depending on d location in enugu east.

I have few days before going back to lagos but will get the information for you.

cheers.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by bebe2(f): 9:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
ehhhmmmmm oga spyder,

quick o, becos i neva still understand d plan of this house, face me i face u abi na
back me i back u.

once i see how ur come along, i go start my own for benin city.

i need to see an alternative to the regular one i know,

and 24 rooms on a plot of land?? ok o
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by gabbytabby: 9:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
Oga spyder biko,

I dey impatient to know what you want to do about the toilet situation cos I am in the middle of sending the drawings for the back me I back you that I spoke about and it would be useful to have ideas about how to factor in the toilet other than what I currently have.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by Whitehorse: 10:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
@Getreal,

Thanks for the info, looking forward to more... smiley
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by Fhemmmy: 2:58am On Nov 30, 2013
24 rooms on a plot of land, the compound will never be boring . . . I would love to visit the place one day.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 6:15am On Nov 30, 2013
The ideas for this project came from this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/720053/business-profitability-rental-properties
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by MostHigh: 8:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
oga spyder,
Reporting to class,not to sound ignorant o, why u use 4 courses of block for foundation? is it to make it stronger
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 5:17am On Dec 01, 2013
MostHigh: oga spyder,
Reporting to class,not to sound ignorant o, why u use 4 courses of block for foundation? is it to make it stronger

Note that I always do this in all houses I build, I like a high foundation to avoid lots of issues in the future, but its not cheap at all. I know how much extra money I have been spending to pour sharp sand into this foundation. Its not always easy, but thats our job.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 10:33pm On Dec 01, 2013
We have completed everything about filling this foundation, so how did we do it?

1 Like

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 10:35pm On Dec 01, 2013
We started digging our soak-away pit early, harvesting the sand to fill the foundation. We start the septic tank works tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 10:38pm On Dec 01, 2013
We have also lined up the column starters for this house, are you surprised as we use rods to build downstairs apartment rooms?

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 10:41pm On Dec 01, 2013
We keep up massing up materials for the jacking up of this house, we are lining up more blocks for the walls of the house, bringing in sand and gravel to use for the German floor (DPC) of this house.

1 Like

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by kopell: 2:32pm On Dec 02, 2013
Welldone Ooooo @Spyder. It great for you to remember our common people. Thanks for your kindness to still have interest of majority of our people in your every day activities.

2 Likes

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by kostadinis: 5:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
It was Deepak Chopra who once said, ""Everyone has a purpose in life... a unique gift or special talent to give to others. And when we blend this unique talent with service to others, we experience the ecstasy and exultation of our own spirit, which is the ultimate goal of all goals."

Spyder is no doubt living true to it.
It is instructive that while he continues to climb the ladder of his trade, he has refused to forget where and how he started his journey. This is reflected in the combination of his budgetary discipline, speed, finesse and most auspiciously his humane disposition. Note his voluntary determination to depart from the conventional type without compromising his budget. I strongly believe that no one will ever regret associating with Spyder.

Spyder, May God guide you as you continue to traverse the labyrinth of the building projects in your world.

2 Likes

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by bebe2(f): 9:33pm On Dec 02, 2013
kostadinis:

It was Deepak Chopra who once said, ""Everyone has a purpose in life... a unique gift or special talent to give to others. And when we blend this unique talent with service to others, we experience the ecstasy and exultation of our own spirit, which is the ultimate goal of all goals."

It is instructive that while he continues to climb the ladder of his trade, he has refused to forget where and how he started his journey. This is reflected in the combination of his budgetary discipline, speed, finesse and most auspiciously his humane disposition. Note his voluntary determination to depart from the conventional type without compromising his budget. I strongly believe that no one will ever regret associating with Spyder.

Spyder, May God guide you as you continue to traverse the labyrinth of the building projects in your world.

grin grin grin see a-ss licking, abi u dey oga spyder pay roll grin grin grin

bros i beg come upload today work make we see.

very inspiring thread wink wink

1 Like

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 9:50pm On Dec 02, 2013
kostadinis:

Thank you bros, we shall always persist to do what we feel is right at all times, our strength comes from the encouragement you give us. We thank you once more.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 9:52pm On Dec 02, 2013
Today, we flooded this foundation with several tankers of water. This is done to sink in the filling sand deeper into the foundation for a more compact finish. More pictures tomorrow as we finally prepare to cast this DPC.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by gabbytabby: 9:52pm On Dec 02, 2013
Oga spyder,

Make sure to combine rest breaks oh as body no be wood oh.

I come 9ja work solidly for 6 weeks and by the end of it I was a zombie and bone tired.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by kostadinis: 10:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
Can't wait to see those pictures. Was just wondering about the closeness of the soak-away to the foundation.

Do you have the plans to have the soak-away serve the future building on the next plot?
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 10:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
gabbytabby: Oga spyder,

Make sure to combine rest breaks oh as body no be wood oh.

I come 9ja work solidly for 6 weeks and by the end of it I was a zombie and bone tired.

My brother, naija is tough! Hot sun in one moment and chilling colds at another.
I had gone to the hospital again today to collect the results of my tests last Monday and was surprised when they said all was well with me, but I feel so tired. I have more men employed now and the team is starting to blend, Thank you for reminding me to rest Sir.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 10:19pm On Dec 02, 2013
kostadinis:
Can't wait to see those pictures. Was just wondering about the closeness of the soak-away to the foundation.

Do you have the plans to have the soak-away serve the future building on the next plot?

The closeness is not an issue as the soak away pit will be treated with complete 6 pillars plus a deck on top of it. If the building on the next plot is not as big as this one, then we can plan to connect the toilets there. I am planning this one to be very deep and long. We were still digging it as at today.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by kostadinis: 10:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
spyder880:

The closeness is not an issue as the soak away pit will be treated with complete 6 pillars plus a deck on top of it. If the building on the next plot is not as big as this one, then we can plan to connect the toilets there. I am planning this one to be very deep and long. We were still digging it as at today.

Great. Thanks for the information.
Have a good night sleep, my brother.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by bugmenot: 8:24pm On Dec 03, 2013

Oga Spyder and other professionals in the house - how far from a septic tank/soak away can a well or borehole be situated?

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by mufutau55(m): 9:09pm On Dec 03, 2013
bugmenot:

Oga Spyder and other professionals in the house - how far from a septic tank/soak away can a well or borehole be situated?

My brother, I don't know the technicality here... but I will as far as you can make it..
Remember, Na water you wan drink oh! not be that thing oh! We don't know what is transpiring under the earth down there oh!
My soakway for Duplex/Mens Quarter dey for front, and the Borehole dey for back, back.. on a 60ftx120ft land.. I think about
100ft away from each other.. Soakaway always scare me. (I don't know why.)

Hajji M.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by bugmenot: 1:58am On Dec 04, 2013
mufutau55:

My brother, I don't know the technicality here... but I will as far as you can make it..
Remember, Na water you wan drink oh! not be that thing oh! We don't know what is transpiring under the earth down there oh!
My soakway for Duplex/Mens Quarter dey for front, and the Borehole dey for back, back.. on a 60ftx120ft land.. I think about

Hajji M.

You hit the nail on the head, Haji! Nothing worse than drinking contaminated water.

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 6:03am On Dec 04, 2013
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Sure, if the soak away is at the back, the wells should be at the front of the house. Good points Sir.
Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 6:06am On Dec 04, 2013
After ponding this foundation with enough water, this is the result of the sinking we saw when we came out this morning. I have carpenters boarding the foundation for final casting of the DPC.

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 6:09am On Dec 04, 2013
The whole foundation was rammed and refilled by able bodied young men who poured more sand to replace the sank one. Then we added foundation beam rods to ensure more stability of the foundation.

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by spyder880(m): 6:10am On Dec 04, 2013
We are ready for casting here.

Re: Investing In Properties For Rent (a Case Study Of Single Rooms) by kostadinis: 10:28am On Dec 04, 2013
A clear mission; solid and affordable shelter for every class.
Keep it up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Hilarious: Photo Of The Day / Part Of My Farmland's Fence Fell Down For The 2nd Time (Photos) / Tigerkenn Homes Property Development Initiative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.