Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,766 members, 7,972,766 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 05:56 PM

The "Work Experience" Issue In Nigeria. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The "Work Experience" Issue In Nigeria. (764 Views)

Body Languages That Could Be Doing You More Harm Than Good In The Work Place / How To Build 3 Years Work Experience In A Single Year As A Fresh Graduate / Work Experience Or Further Study. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The "Work Experience" Issue In Nigeria. by Jadamz(m): 8:03am On Nov 18, 2013
Please my fellow countrymen, this issue of work experience in Nigeria has been bothering me for a while, I wouldn't know wether anyone has observed that, every new job seems to require certain years experience. Where are they expecting the new graduate to get the 3- 5years experience from?
Re: The "Work Experience" Issue In Nigeria. by hammedkola(m): 8:21am On Nov 18, 2013
Its a simple issue, we were once oriented while in the university that 3 months, 6 months intership anywhere can be combined together as a duration of experience one had. For example now, am done with school but haven't been posted for NYSC programme(because of ASUU) and am having 18 months working experience in various field already (3 months intership each in every session break for 4 years = 12 months + 6 months working time in an IT firm since have graduated = 18 months all together), and everything is being included in my CV.

So the point is, when asked about working experience, the one you had while in the university can be written down in your cv as well.
Re: The "Work Experience" Issue In Nigeria. by ndcide(m): 10:02am On Nov 18, 2013
people are more interested in cognate experience. the. HR are not interested in transferable skills.
Re: The "Work Experience" Issue In Nigeria. by kazyhm(m): 11:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
Hmnm jst tired ooo
The ones dat baffles me is - a graduate, not more than 25years of age with @least 4-5years experience.
Then, the questn dat flash to my brain is- this ppl dat r demanding all this 4rm a young frustrated man that struggle his way to graduate with good grades, wat experience were required during their own tym, I av heard it many tym dat in those days u ll be employed, trained n even get paid while on training, most of them meet everything in nigeria as virgin n loot everything without considering other generations behind them, u can imagine at wat age did david mark join the army, I had alabi isama join army at age 19, dn't realy knw if its still posible dis days.
All they have to offer 'WE' that received the "BLOW" of their flaws is dat we re not EMPLOYABLE and most of them put on the HABIT of "YOU CAN'T TEACH AN OLD DOG A NEW TRICK" any new innovations 4rm d young folk or termed MORAL "DECADENCE"
We have VISIONLESS leaders.

(1) (Reply)

Production Process Operations / Invitation For Total Aptittude Test For I.t Student / 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.