Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,465 members, 7,891,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:38 PM

Tithing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing (666 Views)

My Whatsapp Chat With A New Young Pastor In My Church As Regard Tithing / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / Can You Suspend Tithing To Pay Off Your Debts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithing by uchkochi(m): 10:20am On Nov 18, 2013
THE BREAKTHROUGH POWER OF TITHING.

The Tithe is 10 percent of your increase, whether it is income, salary, profit, gifts, whatever it is, as far as it increases you; the tithe belongs to God. God gave you 90 percent and the additional 10 percent belongs to God. Many people are robbing God, no wonder the struggle continues. You cannot be wiser than God. How can God intervene for you when you are robbing Him in tithes. Many of the problems we go through are not satan inflicted, they are disobedience-inflicted. You broke the law, so the devil has a legal ground to attack. Malachi 3:10. The tithe is the LORD'S. He gave you that money thinking you will give Him 10 percent. He has an accurate amount of how much you are owing Him. You are not to give your tithe to help the poor, you are to bring it to God, through a church or a ministry. What you give to people or the needy is different from the tithe.

Paying your tithe secures the remaining 90 percent from wastes that leads to regrets. God also opens more doors of opportunities and ideas to get wealth when you tithe. If you owe God and you can pay up, pay up now. But if you cannot pay up, if it is too big or you can't remember the figure, repent and decide to begin to tithe from now and give a restoration seed to mark a new beginning in your financial life. Whatever God gives you, don't call the 100 percent as your own, 90 percent is your's, 10 percent is God's. So if your income is 10,000; 9000 is your's 1000 is God's. The tithe is God's part that makes the remaining meaningful. God has nothing to lose when you rob Him, you are the one that have everything to lose. Receive grace to be a consistent, tireless, regular, faithful, joyful, cheerful tither in Jesus name. The more you tithe the more you handle money so you can tithe more. Just decide to change and grace will come. Be blessed in Jesus name. BB PIN IS 2739F228

1 Like

Re: Tithing by Goshen360(m): 11:59am On Nov 18, 2013
I'm soooo sorry my brother, tithe and tithing is a false gospel to CHRISTIANS AND CHRISTIANITY.
Re: Tithing by ajayikayod: 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2013
uchkochi: THE BREAKTHROUGH POWER OF TITHING.

The Tithe is 10 percent of your increase, whether it is income, salary, profit, gifts, whatever it is, as far as it increases you; the tithe belongs to God. God gave you 90 percent and the additional 10 percent belongs to God. Many people are robbing God, no wonder the struggle continues. You cannot be wiser than God. How can God intervene for you when you are robbing Him in tithes. Many of the problems we go through are not satan inflicted, they are disobedience-inflicted. You broke the law, so the devil has a legal ground to attack. Malachi 3:10. The tithe is the LORD'S. He gave you that money thinking you will give Him 10 percent. He has an accurate amount of how much you are owing Him. You are not to give your tithe to help the poor, you are to bring it to God, through a church or a ministry. What you give to people or the needy is different from the tithe.

Paying your tithe secures the remaining 90 percent from wastes that leads to regrets. God also opens more doors of opportunities and ideas to get wealth when you tithe. If you owe God and you can pay up, pay up now. But if you cannot pay up, if it is too big or you can't remember the figure, repent and decide to begin to tithe from now and give a restoration seed to mark a new beginning in your financial life. Whatever God gives you, don't call the 100 percent as your own, 90 percent is your's, 10 percent is God's. So if your income is 10,000; 9000 is your's 1000 is God's. The tithe is God's part that makes the remaining meaningful. God has nothing to lose when you rob Him, you are the one that have everything to lose. Receive grace to be a consistent, tireless, regular, faithful, joyful, cheerful tither in Jesus name. The more you tithe the more you handle money so you can tithe more. Just decide to change and grace will come. Be blessed in Jesus name. BB PIN IS 2739F228

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Christians blessing and cursing mataaaaaa.
Re: Tithing by Goshen360(m): 1:25pm On Nov 18, 2013
^ I didn't have enough time to respond to the OP line by line, hence, my short statement above. He said many things that negates Christ's finished work and the cross.
Re: Tithing by akpos4uall(m): 2:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
uchkochi: THE BREAKTHROUGH POWER OF TITHING.

The Tithe is 10 percent of your increase, whether it is income, salary, profit, gifts, whatever it is, as far as it increases you; the tithe belongs to God. God gave you 90 percent and the additional 10 percent belongs to God. Many people are robbing God, no wonder the struggle continues. You cannot be wiser than God. How can God intervene for you when you are robbing Him in tithes.

Christ came to free us from such bondage yet men have chosen to continue to live in such bondage claiming to tithe to God.
Let me ask you a question. Are you sure you can give a very good account of all the increase that comes your way weekly. I mean things such as gifts you received from fellow men, the fruits/plants you plucked/harvested from your/friends/fellow-men backyard/garden whatever the case may be or is it the bonus/interest that was credited to your sim card/bank account etc.
I'm sure you can tell where this is leading to viz a viz confusion/bondage. That's why Christ came to show us the perfect way; which is giving as the heart pleases. Give freely not under compulsion.
Why the formula 10% belongs to God when God already owns all we have as well as the breath you and I have that is keeping us alive.

2 Likes

Re: Tithing by trustman: 9:59pm On Nov 20, 2013
I made a post titled - STILL ON TITHING, ETC: THE BOOK OF ACTS GAVE US THE SOLUTION
I recommend reading it.
A number of things need to be borne i mind in looking at the issue of
where Christians stand in relation to the Mosaic law or the Old Testament
in general. A few points:
1. The 21st century Christian is not the first set of the body of Christ.
2. Do we know more of the Christian way of life than the Apostles did?
3. Did the Apostles give us what we need for the Christian way of life?
4. What blueprint can we find in the epistles for the Christian way of life?
5. Where the epistles and the Apostles resolved an issue are we at liberty
to still say today that they did not do a good job at it?
6. What does it mean to be under a new Covenant?
7. Is God's system for the CHURCH the same as for Israel or other dispensations?
8. Is the Christian called upon to go back to any ritual or peculiar practice of the old covenant?
I think a sincere look at these few points above should help a DISCERNING believer know where he
should stand in relation to an issue such as tithing.
Heb. 8: 13a - "In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete".
Re: Tithing by haibe(m): 10:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
This OP really needs to take a tour on nairaland religion section, it seems he hasn't still encountered the truth about tithing.

Well op, give as you purpose in your heart, give cheerfully, not under compulsion or obligation.. ask yourself why 10%?? Can't you as well decide to give 50%?

Tithing is a law for the jews then, not for the christians, if you don't give God 10%, it doesn't mean you are robbing him..I can decide to give 9% or 11% as the Holy Spirit leads.
Re: Tithing by vickyO(f): 11:01pm On Nov 20, 2013
Romans 12:13 Distributing to the necessity of the saints: given to hospitality.
I Corinthians 16:2 Upon the first day of the week let everyone of you lay by him in store; as God hath prospereth him....
Jesus said we should give in Luke 6:38. if you want to tithe go ahead, no one is stopping you. but don't force it down others' throat.
Just make sure you give cheerfully and as God as prospered you. tithe o, offering o, mission donation o, first fruits o, just do the one you can............ conclusively GIVING must be constant irrespective of the style.

(1) (Reply)

Angola Becomes First Country To “BAN” Islam-destroys mosques / Do You Believe In God Choosing A Life Partner? / Eternal Salvation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.