Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,218 members, 7,963,994 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 03:50 AM

Are Nigeria Police Really POLICE As Being Defined By Dictionary? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Nigeria Police Really POLICE As Being Defined By Dictionary? (1046 Views)

UNDERAGE MARRIAGE ; Absense Of Legal In 9ja Dictionary / Would You Encourage Your Child To Join The Nigeria Police Force? / Love Defined (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigeria Police Really POLICE As Being Defined By Dictionary? by topcube(m): 11:18am On Nov 18, 2013
IF I HAVE TO ASK, ARE WE REALLY SAFE IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD CALLED NIGEIRIA?

Everyday, you keep hearing one negative news from one newspaper to another radio stations from internet to Television etc. Virtually you will hear a good news on a daily basis as police is even shooting into the air right now around Lekki Epe Exp. Way, due to some people protesting against an articulated vehicle (trailer) killing two school children going to school. I'll state some of my reason for asking above question below, amidst many other negative news.

1. I was coming from an outing on late hour time on one Monday and while I was buying some food stuff which I'll stuff in my stomach, then, I over-held a man instructing a phone boot guy, saying, if my wife call back, tell her armed robber just collected my (Toyota Camry) vehicle @ Eruwen (that's around Ikorodu axis en route Itamaga). Another guy from distance then intrude and say, have U reported to the police, the victim responded by saying, "which police" showing an attitude that he never trusted in the Nigeria Police. He then said, "what are they going to do afterall"? I was like wao. Like seriously, what a heck is police going to do afterall, I then said to myself, the man may be right oh.

2. I reside in Ikorodu (Lagos) and as a result, I've noticed our men in black/blue uniform as abandoned most of their former behaviour of arresting taxi drivers and have establish a tactics in arresting Commercial Motorcyclist (popularly called Okada). You need to come and see police hiding and parking there vehicle in a hideout in order for prospective buyers to come by case (trouble). This made me interview one of the Okada man while going out one day, asking him how does he manage to escape all of this traps, he said, "me ke, I don dey do Okada for 5 years now 4 dis Ikorodu, dem no fit catch me, I sabi all dia hideout, as I don pay more dan 15 thousand naira for dem for dis year alone, now, I don wise, I go even ask my fellow Okada, shey dem dey dia, if dem say, dem dey dia, I go pass another place".
That's how our suppose to protect life and properties agents became a Terrorist. SMH!

Lastly.
3. I was listening to Radio Lagos this morning and a broadcaster said in Yoruba, which am going to translate here now. The reporter said, a parent went to the police station and complained a missing daughter, instead of police at the canter to file a report, they ask them to go get a recharge card first before anything could be done. They were disappointed in the first place and beg that they do not have money, but, the police insisted, so, out of desperation to re-union with their daughter again, they bought N100 recharge Pin and while they hand it over to the officer. She said; indeed you are looking for your daughter (and that's an informal language in mocking them (here in Nigeria), that is to say, if you are serious in reporting to us to help find your daughter, the N100 recharge you bought doesn't show or give impression that you mean it).
And I was asking myself, what on earth does a recharge card got to do with a missing person?

Those are the points I could draw out amidst all that happening around me on a daily basis. I know my fellow nairalanders have a lot to say. But hey, please, also include if you have a relief or solution to minimize this always happening saga.

Provide a suggestion if you have any. Thank you God bless you.

Let me end my post by giving you this quote We are living in a world where justice is not always prevail

Have a beautiful week

Re: Are Nigeria Police Really POLICE As Being Defined By Dictionary? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
Thats nigerian policce for you grin as far as i am concerned,there is a complete breakdown of law and order.law enforcement agents are now entertainers,comedians and terrorists,of course to road/transport workers.

There was a time my mom and i were jisting.we talk a lot whenever we see.so she said she bought a beatle car and drove that car to her friends place to greet her.after jisting with her friend for 3 hours and she came out to where she parked the car,she said she couldnt find it.this is a car she saved money for to buy and the car is just 2 days old with her.anyway,she went to the police station to report.she said she was so agitated and tensed.after the police finished listening to her tale,all of them at the counter bursted into laughter.she asked them what is funny,they said,we thought you were even talking of jeep,range rover,highlander etc,ordinary beatle was stolen and you are shaking as if its one better car they stole.ok,if you know you want us to help you,you will drop 40,000 naira and the 40k will cover servicing our car that we will use to search for your beatle,fuel the car,money for refreshments like edikainkon,eba and gulder for all the men that will do the work.mummy said no problem,i will bring it.i am comming back.she said that was the last time she ever went to a police station.she had to forget about the car but it was so painful cheesy

me myself,i felt sorry for her cheesy

Nigeria is one hell of an animal farm,i am telling you
Re: Are Nigeria Police Really POLICE As Being Defined By Dictionary? by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 19, 2013
LMAO @ the posters above me !!!

I was travelling with my Uncles in Toyota Camry ,@ Ekiti we were flagged down by men of NPF , He asked for our particulars we handed it over .... He checked everything , and suddenly He exclaimed, the Engine Number doesn't correspond with the one in the documentation ........

I was Like OMG, Bro don cause kasala for me oo, why would he buy car whose engine Number never correspond .....

My Bro in a fury, collected the document and carefully read out the Engine Number for all to hear ..... He as a Doc was very Angry and He lambasted the NPF man as ''NOT Educated'' ... Chai !!!

Ghen ghen, The NPF man provoke,he tell us say, we go proof Book today, say we think say na only us go school ..... he said, He suspected our vehicle as stolen vehicle as such, Impounded ... We should all meet in court which shall Open by Monday ( na Friday we travel ooo) .....

Na so we were made to drive ourselves to station, pls folks, never follow a NPF men to their station abeg !!!

They were even begging us to follow them to the station ,that their boss will settle all the case .... My uncle being bookish follow them and we match follow ...... When we reached station, dey started handing us over to one another and we were like that for 3Hours !!!

ThanGod we also had ACP uncle in PHCity who we later called and bailed us out with just ''PhoneCall'' !!!

NPF men are touts , they started hailing us calling us aside and begging us , Chai, They are beggars, telling na Nigerian situation made them like that as such we should help them by dropping something for 'em ..... !!!

We already lost 3Hours, My Uncle gave 'em one thousand naira and we left their Urine coated station !!

NPF, NPF ,I hail Una ooo , May God help Una !!!

:::::::::::::::::::::::

I entered one station like that about to do Police report, The counter lady wey don bleach all her life finish look me with one kain eye like that while I look her like ''I pity Ur Life, U think u dey enjoy ba'' but the kunk odour of Urine made me do U-turn ...... Dem ask me , bros u no dey do again( police dey respect wella, when U wan give them money), I tell them , Sirs, I don find wetin i lost ooo .... !!! ThanGod I later found it .... My NYSC ID !!!
Re: Are Nigeria Police Really POLICE As Being Defined By Dictionary? by emilyone(f): 11:09am On Nov 19, 2013
i have always wondered why police stations in this country smell alike, reeking of urine and feaces laced wit Izal grin

(1) (Reply)

Is This Acceptable In His Matrimonial Home? / His Dad Died But He Didnt Cry / Two Snake Killed Within A Week In My Compound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.