Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,020 members, 7,919,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 03:16 AM

A Unilag Undergraduate Needs Your Help/advice - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Unilag Undergraduate Needs Your Help/advice (627 Views)

Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare / Unilag Undergraduate Invents Mathematics Board Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Unilag Undergraduate Needs Your Help/advice by oladoya(m): 2:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
Goodday moderator and everyone out there, my name is matthew an economist to be.
I really need your help/advice on situation that is really giving me concern.

I finished my secondary as in 2011 and i wrote my first jamb in 2012. Though i passed my jamb and post jamb, but my mark was not enough to study economics in Unilag. I decided to wait till this year(2013) as i am really determined to get my dream course in unilag.

Towards year 2012 ending, i decided to join a security company in order for me to raise fund against 2013. I was trained for a month, and i was retained to work at the head office. After i worked like three days, i learnt that the company was in need a company Anthem and pledge.
To cut the story short, i created the Anthem and pledge for the company and the management, through the M.D, promised to sponsor me, if i passed my jamb.
They gave me five thousand Naira to purchase the Jamb form. After i worked in the office for like six months, i was transfered to the M.D house on the platform of that he likes the way i work.

After i passed my jamb, i did my post ume and i got admitted. Later when i told my M.D of the situation he said he has already cancelled the scholarship because i didnt inform him when i wrote and passed my jamb. I was trying to explain to him that no one can determine admission status from jamb unless you have actually passed post ume and enter school and i dont want to tell you that i passed now and at the end fail post ume. I tried all means possible to plead with him, but he never wanted to hear from me again. I have waited enough and now my registration starts on saturday. My question is should i take a legal action against the company in as much as they didnt just give me the scholarship for free, but because of what i did for them. Pls nairalanders advise me on what to do God bless you all.
Re: A Unilag Undergraduate Needs Your Help/advice by barbstee(m): 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
It is unfair for them to have done that to you,it seems they dont really want u to go to skul,i'll advise u use every means u can to get justice and moreso do not rely on that try getting some other means too because Nigeria here we are.Wsh u goodluck.
Re: A Unilag Undergraduate Needs Your Help/advice by Illuminatus(m): 2:58pm On Nov 18, 2013
oladoya: Goodday moderator and everyone out there, my name is matthew an economist to be.
I really need your help/advice on situation that is really giving me concern.

I finished my secondary as in 2011 and i wrote my first jamb in 2012. Though i passed my jamb and post jamb, but my mark was not enough to study economics in Unilag. I decided to wait till this year(2013) as i am really determined to get my dream course in unilag.

Towards year 2012 ending, i decided to join a security company in order for me to raise fund against 2013. I was trained for a month, and i was retained to work at the head office. After i worked like three days, i learnt that the company was in need a company Anthem and pledge.
To cut the story short, i created the Anthem and pledge for the company and the management, through the M.D, promised to sponsor me, if i passed my jamb.
They gave me five thousand Naira to purchase the Jamb form. After i worked in the office for like six months, i was transfered to the M.D house on the platform of that he likes the way i work.

After i passed my jamb, i did my post ume and i got admitted. Later when i told my M.D of the situation he said he has already cancelled the scholarship because i didnt inform him when i wrote and passed my jamb. I was trying to explain to him that no one can determine admission status from jamb unless you have actually passed post ume and enter school and i dont want to tell you that i passed now and at the end fail post ume. I tried all means possible to plead with him, but he never wanted to hear from me again. I have waited enough and now my registration starts on saturday. My question is should i take a legal action against the company in as much as they didnt just give me the scholarship for free, but because of what i did for them. Pls nairalanders advise me on what to do God bless you all.

In as much that what he did is cruel, you can't launch a legal action against him if what you said here is what happened. Simply because they was no legal document backing your claim. But if there were witness who are willing to testify and he hadn't been paying you for the work you do, you could win a case against him.
But personally, I advise you to forget him. It would take months, possibly more to settle the case in court. And moreover, you wouldn't enjoy it that.
Good lucksmiley.
Re: A Unilag Undergraduate Needs Your Help/advice by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
Hi bro,

I don't think it's worth the stress suing the company.

1) There is no legal document to back the said agreement up hence you don't have sufficient grounds to sue them.

2) The company never really wanted you to go to a university the promise was just lip service.

3) Instead of seeking means to sue the company I think you should start looking for avenues to source for funds for your school. You should channel your 'energy' in the right direction.

Congratulations on your admission. smiley
Re: A Unilag Undergraduate Needs Your Help/advice by oladoya(m): 10:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
Well i thank you all for the advice and opinions. on the other hand even though we did not enter into any legal contract yet i have thousands of people that are ready to testify to what am saying in anywhere. Moreso this anthem has been used more than two times in different occassions and the video they shoot on those occassions are still with me on my phone so i have all ground to file a case against them just dont know how to go about it. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

We Didn’t Give ASUU Ultimatum – President Jonathan / Jona Deny 7 Days Deadline...strike Continue,hurray!!! / What About ASUP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.