Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,611 members, 7,951,538 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 05:54 PM

Where Have The Classic Nigerian Movies Gone? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Where Have The Classic Nigerian Movies Gone? (1403 Views)

Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? / Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. / What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Have The Classic Nigerian Movies Gone? by polly: 12:54pm On Jun 14, 2006
I started research work on Nigerian movies recently, and it's quite shocking (sad actually) to discover that the good old Nigerian movies (Things Fall Apart featuring Pete Edochie for example) and any information on them for that matter is hard to come by. Hollywood movies produced in the 60s and 70s are still being sold in the stores today, what what happened to ours??

Anyway, if any one has seen either of the movies below, please could you provide me with a brief synopsis.

1)The promise (2002, directed by Kabat Esosa Egbon. I think it featured Pete Edochie)
2)President's daughter (2001, directed by Chico Ejiro ).

Thank you.
Re: Where Have The Classic Nigerian Movies Gone? by mekoyo(m): 12:00pm On Feb 12, 2007
I dont know o
Re: Where Have The Classic Nigerian Movies Gone? by omoge(f): 3:49pm On Feb 14, 2007
I'm wondering too, really sad how they do things back there,

i use the blockbuster here to look for some old movies that i love, some i saw some i couldn't,

then i joined/signed up for the Netflix and fiam, lots of old movies there, and am enjoying it so far.

I just got done watching ''Fame''. I used to watch it back then in Nigeria as a kid and loved it. Almost 20years later, I was able to rent all of them and watch them all over. I still got some old nice movies on my list there in Netflix. Many european, indian and foreign films. My point is if they can have real old movies around, what can Nigeria have a collection of such??

I have been looking to watch nigeria classic movies (yoruba, hausa, igbo, edo and english) so far no result,

What is the problem sef?

(1) (Reply)

That M T N Epresence Advert / Who Knows National Film Institute Admission Fee / Why Are NTA Network Newscaster Now Wearing English Wears To Cast News?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.