Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,872 members, 7,949,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 05:17 PM

Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU (16204 Views)

LASU Vs IBADAN POLY : Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: IBADAN POLY / UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB / OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Damitism: 7:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
The product of 20 and 20 is 40? Oh dear! Now, I understand better! Well, it was a typo from me. 400 is the answer! To omolola, sorry if I had annoyed you. I was pissed off when you were directing the same question repeatedly at me. Take a bow!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by maclatunji: 7:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
Epaul: Menn! See prof them. I hail una o. I don learn alot today o. Thanks to the organisers of this debate for providing an avenue for me to learn more. "Not Am but I'M" One good turn oyibo say deserves anoda. I'm Glad we won UI.

"I'm" is wrong in formal writing, you should write it in full "I am". This debate is formal so do not use colloquial English in your debate presentations.

In informal discussions, you can use colloquial terms.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by maclatunji: 7:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
Damitism: The product of 20 and 20 is 40? Oh dear! Now, I understand better! Well, it was a typo from me. 400 is the answer! To omolola, sorry if I had annoyed you. I was pissed off when you were directing the same question repeatedly at me. Take a bow!

Good writing is rewriting, always read and re-read your write-ups. You can have other people check them as well.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Damitism: 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
Thanks! At this juncture, I congratulate the delsu team. Bravo!!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by DrAmanda(f): 7:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
Hehehe... I'm so glad we won this. A BIG 'thank you' to my Barrister in the making, Epaul, u were my motivation. I drew inspiration from you..just wondering what I would have done without you. Many thanks goes to the Co-ordinators and Organizers for coming up with something like this. I really learnt alot today. To my Judges, thanks for your fairness in judgement. All corrections were duly noted. To my co-debaters, I learnt a thing or two from you guys. Nice work! I must say, and to my audience, thanks for your time. Once again, I thank you all. God bless you.
TEAM DELSU!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by DesChyko1(m): 9:04pm On Nov 29, 2013
Opinions will always differ. However, I can't underestimate the value of rhetorics in a write-up. It's a form of persuasion, I believe, for those who understand the function of a rhetoric, that is.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 30, 2013
maclatunji:

"I'm" is wrong in formal writing, you should write it in full "I am". This debate is formal so do not use colloquial English in your debate presentations.

In informal discussions, you can use colloquial terms.
lol, Noted. Thank you sir.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 05, 2013
WOW!!!! This debate was awesome.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by ojoawo(m): 8:08am On Dec 07, 2013
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Martiyu(m): 8:39am On Dec 08, 2013
It's martiyu - Team UI

I must say that each one of the debaters did wonderfully good...and if I must put sentiments and prejudices apart, d better team won. This assertion of mine z predicated on d quality of dir initial argument.
Team DELSU, u faired better in dissecting d subject matter. I was awed and enthralled by your dispositions. Ur command of diction? Oh! This knocked me off my feet... Only that your counter arguments weren't concretely stated. I don't do debate, no I don't, but I noticed this flaw .
Team UI, u also did well but u could av done better. I also noticed some lapses in ur arguments but ur counter arguments were superb. Yes, they were... I almost thought omolola/omolayo was bent on seeing us go down cos of her repeated questions but then, some things may not really be d way dey appear to be.

Epaul and Amanda, congratulations!!!!

Now, back to my very own. Ay and Dami, it z a competition, we win some and we lose some.. Our losses make us better persons. They open our eyes to how we can be better people, how we can improve on ourselves, what we did that we were supposed to do differently. Rather than mar us, they make us. I hope you learned from this. I hope to c u upon resumption.

The University of Ibadan.... Irrevocably d first, truly d best.

Thanks for taking time to read this. Selah.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
@oga martiyu, we really appreciate ur posts and comment...we have learnt one or two things and even more both from this debate and even ur comments...thanks a lot bro.thanks for ur concern...we wld love to meet u at UI.........GOD BLESS US ALL,GREATEST UITES
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Akposy(m): 10:30pm On Dec 09, 2013
Team DELSU (Fresher)

First of all, I want to comment both team for your efforts, time and fact filled essay.

Epaul and Dr Amanda!!!!!! You guyz rock!! God bless, more grease to your brain
Can i have your facebook id? I need to learn more from you guyz.

Tanx

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

D7 In Government And E8 In Literature N English What Art Course Can He Go For? / Please Help Me, My Original Documents Are Missing. / Yabatech Merit List Is Here:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.