Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,583 members, 7,929,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 04:54 AM

Living In Guyana - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Guyana (3352 Views)

Guyana - Telling It As It Is / Guyana Visa How Is It Obtain In Nigeria / Life In Guyana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living In Guyana by bernadlucy: 10:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
I got admission to study in guyana.can anyone tell me about life in guyana and the possibility of getting part time job while studying their.
Re: Living In Guyana by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 18, 2013
bernadlucy: I got admission to study in guyana.can anyone tell me about life in guyana and the possibility of getting part time job while studying their.
My friend is in her MD2 program in that country, from her experience, it's a boring country, constant power supply, 6mbps internet service, don't know about their health care plan, beautiful black citizens. Don't get too excited, other than the electricity and internet, it's a small version of your country.
Re: Living In Guyana by Originalsly: 2:49am On Nov 19, 2013
Admission by which institution and to study what?....hustlenomics? You must know the real reason why you want to go there. Life is not much different from Nigeria.....hustle or suffer.
Re: Living In Guyana by bernadlucy: 10:47am On Nov 20, 2013
@phder..thanks for ur info, actually I was admitted for MD program in Texila American University guyana.
Re: Living In Guyana by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 20, 2013
bernadlucy: @phder..thanks for ur info, actually I was admitted for MD program in Texila American University guyana.
She's in TAU too, I could connect you guys if she's cool with it (I would have to ask her about it). Wait oo... Are you a male or female?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Guyana by Originalsly: 12:24pm On Nov 20, 2013
bernadlucy: @phder..thanks for ur info, actually I was admitted for MD program in Texila American University guyana.
TAU will admit anybody...go figure why. Do you really know what your MD would be worth? Pretend you already have your MD from TAU and try applying for a job or whatever your goal is....see what happens. If you want to do medicine or whatever in tbat part of the world....do it through an offshore American university or UWI (University of the West Indies). Your money your time your future your choice. Look before you leap.

1 Like

Re: Living In Guyana by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
Originalsly: TAU will admit anybody...go figure why. Do you really know what your MD would be worth? Pretend you already have your MD from TAU and try applying for a job or whatever your goal is....see what happens. If you want to do medicine or whatever in tbat part of the world....do it through an offshore American university or UWI (University of the West Indies). Your money your time your future your choice. Look before you leap.
You have a very solid point. Although they claim affiliation with some US teaching hospitals for residency, I doubt the authenticity of their degree in US and UK. (If it were that easy, 80% of Americans would study abroad and come back home for their residency).

Good thing is; my friend's dad runs a big private hospital in Nigeria, so she won't have issues with employment after passing the NMA accreditation exams.
Re: Living In Guyana by Originalsly: 1:13pm On Nov 20, 2013
Phder:
You have a very solid point. Although they claim affiliation with some US teaching hospitals for residency, I doubt the authenticity of their degree in US and UK.
Ha...authenticity in the US and the UK?...find out about authenticity in Guyana first...then the Caribbean if you want to push farther. Your friend's father should recall her. She would be wayyy better off if he train her at home and at his hospital. I can imagine her returning with the prestigious abroad trained title....upping the reputation of her father's hospital...on paper...but can't deliver. Woe be unto those that come under her care!
Re: Living In Guyana by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 20, 2013
Originalsly: Ha...authenticity in the US and the UK?...find out about authenticity in Guyana first...then the Caribbean if you want to push farther. Your friend's father should recall her. She would be wayyy better off if he train her at home and at his hospital. I can imagine her returning with the prestigious abroad trained title....upping the reputation of her father's hospital...on paper...but can't deliver. Woe be unto those that come under her care!

(1) (Reply)

Nsk Passport And World Passport / American Visa Lottery Requirements / Are Here Any Nigerians From Germany?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.