Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,412 members, 7,901,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 01:58 AM

Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone (36502 Views)

20 Year-old Onitsha House Maid Hacked To Death For Refusing Sex With Boss’s Son / Destroy Recharge Cards After Use.. / Calabar Boy Caught And Burnt To Death For Stealing (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by okohkriz(m): 5:06pm On Nov 20, 2013
Somebody tell whoever is the judge handling this case that he needs medical attention because he/she is sick up steers
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by deor03(m): 5:07pm On Nov 20, 2013
The victim in her evidence gave a vivid account of how she was robbed of the items at her shop at gunpoint.

The female passenger, Amaka Okafor told the court that “on realizing the gun was a toy, I resisted him but he overpowered me after biting me with his teeth and snatched my phone from me”.

The problem is that , He robbed at "Gun Point". But i think Lawyers should be able to plead for leniency based on the fact , it was a toy gun
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Sike(m): 5:08pm On Nov 20, 2013
No No! I ain't supporting this. :|
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by RayCharles(m): 5:11pm On Nov 20, 2013
Shuu!! And they RECOMMENDED only 3years FOR Aviation minister!!! na recommend sef. 9ja which way na
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Franknigga(m): 5:14pm On Nov 20, 2013
Taking what does not belong to u is bad but not merit this capital pounishment
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by badmeat(m): 5:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
Which kind life be this!SMH
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
This is gonna serve as a lesson for others. Good Riddance! undecided
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Layolaw(f): 5:17pm On Nov 20, 2013
so what should happen to oduah..... hmmmm even ibori didn't get up to this
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by complete1(m): 5:18pm On Nov 20, 2013
embarassed any time i hear stories lk dis i weep for ma country,not for d fact dat he was sentenced to death,he deserves it so says d law,,but for d fact dat my visa to d military tech DEPT of America is been delayed,i wud ave learnt alot by now,how to plant bomb send bombs using a computer system,if u tink the corruption and wastage of money done by our politician is goin to end very soon den u're a joke,national confab wont change a thing,constitutional change wont change a thing,,some ppl must die for dis country to move foward nd some ppls lives must b treathen for dis country to move..thousands have died because of d greed of this same ppl.i weep for my country,so blessed yet cursed,so rich yet poor

2 Likes

Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by kedikenet(f): 5:22pm On Nov 20, 2013
for the fact that some pple are stealing billions and getting away without being punished doesn't mean it should turn to societal norm, what kind of leader would that guy be if he has the oppourtunity to lead in future can't imagine how some youth just sit down and the only thing dat come to there mind is how to steal from other people strugling to survive, if that's the right purnishment for his crime so be it he should no that there's consequence for every
action.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by seangy4konji: 5:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
what will they give Stella Oduah
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by KingsJohnson(m): 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
Magic Bishop: There is a big difference between Armed Robbery and plain Robbery and I am the sure the original charge was for armed robbery a crime that is punishable by death. The daft Journalist wanted to created unnecessary headlines by omitting the initial charge.

In my opinion he deserved the sentence he got.

And No this does not warrant front page.
Who dey yan dat dust
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by KingsJohnson(m): 5:31pm On Nov 20, 2013
kedikenet: for the fact that some pple are stealing billions and getting away without being punished doesn't mean it should turn to societal norm, what kind of leader would that guy be if he has the oppourtunity to lead in future can't imagine how some youth just sit down and the only thing dat come to there mind is how to steal from other people strugling to survive, if that's the right purnishment for his crime so be it he should no that there's consequence for every
action.
Am very sorry for you
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by hisroyalflyness: 5:32pm On Nov 20, 2013
Damn the law!! Who makes the law? Should be me and you! And not just without the consent of the masses this is democracy hommie before a life is taken there should be strong reasons not just stealing handsets, these are what some growing up kids do!! What of the politicians that steal millions on nairas how many is behind bars not to talk of sentencing to death! That judge I can bet you must have stolen while growing up!! E no matter if na meat for pot.....if this is what the constitutions says make them review am again! After all the stupid senators want to Bleep 13 year old girls !
babanne: Do you actually know what the law says as to the penalty of armed robbery?

1 Like

Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by KingsJohnson(m): 5:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
Franknigga: Taking what does not belong to u is bad but not merit this capital pounishment

God bless you
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by hisroyalflyness: 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2013
I am very sure education is clear and postulates facts in case you don't know! Charity begins at home, the politicians are leaders what example are the laying for the leaders of tomorrow! " no food for a lazy man, no be for person wey him mama get restaurant , so that sentence has to be appealed sheikina , it is not only when you fly at night that you can be a witch, supporting this kind of act can make you a witch!!
Kings Johnson:
Am very sorry for you
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by nationwide1(m): 5:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
If only all cases of stealing (of public funds) will be judged without an iota of biasness like this, then no problem.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Ferdinandu(m): 5:38pm On Nov 20, 2013
babanne: Do you actually know what the law says as to the penalty of armed robbery?
My friiend the Guy is not armed,it is a toy gun.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 20, 2013
Magic Bishop:

You are just assuming from your a$$.

I am not a practicing church going christian

The biggest man I know and fight for is me.

Now take your mirrored assumptions and make your self scarce.
My brother! You neeed Jesus in your life!
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by pbling: 5:38pm On Nov 20, 2013
y death,hmmm,9ja judges onli poor man side dere words n powa dey hot
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by obyrich(m): 5:40pm On Nov 20, 2013
kinnad: oga na wah for u o. did he tell u he supports looting. have u ever been robbed? pls dnt make me suspect u
I'm sure you skipped where he said he preferred the bigger thieves who loot the treasury to this guy. Do you know how many people who take to crime due to frustration daily? Due you know how many girls who take to prostitution due to frustration? How will you feel if you watch your parents die from lack of medical care after they have spent all their savings training you? Due you know how many Nigerian youth who are locked up in jails abroad? Keep suspecting me while someone is stealing your future away. Armed robbery is condemnable but death penalty should be reserved for murderers and looters as practised in China. This law is obnoxious and should be reviewed. I don't support crime in any way. But punishment should be commensurate with the crime.

2 Likes

Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by KingsJohnson(m): 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2013
hisroyalflyness: I am very sure education is clear and postulates facts in case you don't know! Charity begins at home, the politicians are leaders what example are the laying for the leaders of tomorrow! " no food for a lazy man, no be for person wey him mama get restaurant , so that sentence has to be appealed sheikina , it is not only when you fly at night that you can be a witch, supporting this kind of act can make you a witch!!
Guy you dey yan dust period! Call a spade a spade dat crime didnt deserve dat penalty.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
Magic Bishop:

I prefer the bigger thieves in Abuja than the desperate armed robber banging on my door in the middle of the night.

dont forget that its because of the bigger theif robbing this nation blind thats why we have the smaller thieves....think before you post

2 Likes

Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by gogodaye(m): 5:46pm On Nov 20, 2013
Well I wish the penalty would scare these folks engaged in this type of crime a rethink & change of heart. About noon today at the Abia state High Court in Umuahia I witnessed first hand, one of two young men convicted & sentenced to death for armed robbery & rape. The other fellow luckily escaped the hangman's noose on technicalities. The anguish on the faces of his aged parents & family members cannot be described. I do not feel pity for those who engage in these crimes, when caught & punished.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by frederickokey(m): 5:46pm On Nov 20, 2013
Seriously??.. i think that judge must be on dope or beta still in inebriation.. and probably dats d first case he's handling and he has no atom of legal experience.. i don't knw much about law nd is nt like i'm supporting d criminal 4 stealing but i strongly dispute d fact that a person with no charge counts of murder should be executed, thats balderdash and that judge himself should be discarded from d judiciary.. i rest my case sad
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by hayordele1: 5:57pm On Nov 20, 2013
obyrich: He deserves the punishment? For armed robbery? Yet people like you will gather in your churches to pray for James Ibori who stole the future of this youth? You will cry foul if similar sentence was handed down to Cecilia Ibru who robbed billions. You don't want it on front page so the world will not see and criticise your legal system? Do you know that Shina Rambo who murdered over 50 policemen when he was in the underworld is walking free today? Crass law of a jungle country!
Thanks for reminding dat guy!.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by DeNovo: 6:00pm On Nov 20, 2013
taharqa: What kind of USELESS law is that?? Apart from the fact that ONLY premediated murder should attract d Death penalty in my view, were you not alive when a former LGA boss got 6months for stealing around #1.5million? Now, a 'nobody' steals Recharge cards and he is sentenced to Death by hanging!!! Does that seem remotely fair to you? Cud there be a much greater INJUSTICE perpetuated by d Courts ('Temple of Justice'- how ironic) and d Laws it interprets? Shld we be this Sillly and HYPOCRITIC because of some laws??.... I know the Judge was interpreting a section of d law, but he shld either have used his discretion Or he shld have just excused himself from such glaring Injustice. But of course d fault here doesn't reali lie with d Judge in this case, it is d Society (all of us) and the various Govts (past and present) that is failing itself, Woefully in this respect.... I TOTALLY CONDEMN THIS JUDGEMENT WITH EVERY THING I CAN COMMAND

i truely understand the annoyance of this writter, and i also understand why a lot of people would be happy to condem the judge. but do we realise that the judges are there to interprete the laws our forebears you and i (either directly or through our useless representatives at the national assembly) enacted?

Do we realise that there are separate punishments for breaking into a person’s home at night and doing the same thing in the day, the former being more severe? for robbing people armed and for doing so unarmed? on the flip side, do you know that stealing a hundred naira and stealing a billion under our law is the same? and they both carry the same punishment?

I hate the Cecilia Ibrus and James Ibori’s of this world, but then they never raped mothers, wives, daughters and sisters in carrying out their dastardly acts, they never killed or maimed anyone as far as i know!

How many unarmed robbers have been hung? none ! they enjoyed the same benefits of the iboris – prison terms!

Until our elected law makers change our archaic criminal codes, there is nothing the judges can do!

But wait who am i kidding? do i expect our lawmakers to prepare the noose for their own hanging when the leave office?

lai lai!
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by abbey72(m): 6:02pm On Nov 20, 2013
Nigeria law does nt guide d rich & influential ppl, only d poor sufer d hardship.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by ollyruffy: 6:03pm On Nov 20, 2013
Na wah oooo. Nigga! What will then be d sentence for all these polithiefcians we have in this country.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by oluboyo04(m): 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2013
deor03:

The problem is that , He robbed at "Gun Point". But i think Lawyers should be able to plead for leniency based on the fact , it was a toy gun
you make me laugh! the fact is, if he had seen a real gun, he would have used it.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by logica(m): 6:05pm On Nov 20, 2013
collynzo2: ARMED robbery carries a death sentence in our beloved country. Good for him.
Since the gun was a toy, it wasn't armed robbery after all.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 20, 2013
Abeg...make dem waste d guyy...dey have my backing...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Police Kill Two Robbery Suspects In Gun Battle In Delta State (Graphic Pic) / Mercy Na’an Found Dead: Suicide Suspected By University Of Jos Female Student / Pastor Arrested For Keeping Guns For Militants And Robbers In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.