Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,453 members, 7,950,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:36 AM

ASUU NEC Meeting Not Postponed Indefinitely —ATBU Chairman - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU NEC Meeting Not Postponed Indefinitely —ATBU Chairman (1348 Views)

ASUU Strike Update: ASUU’s NEC Meeting To Hold After 7 Days Mouring Of Iyayi / ASUU Update:nec Meeting Should Hold Tomorrow Saturday 16 Nov.. / ASUU/NEC Meeting Postponed Till SATURDAY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU NEC Meeting Not Postponed Indefinitely —ATBU Chairman by DonphilopusGuy: 9:27pm On Nov 20, 2013
By Suzan Edeh

Bauchi—The Chairman of Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, at the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Dr Lawan Abubakar has described the media reports that the union had postponed its National Executive Committee meeting indefinitely as false and speculative.

This was even as he dismissed the claim that the union had accepted the N1.3 trillion offered by the Federal Government, saying ”what the union is agitating for is the full implementation of the 2009 agreement and nothing less.”

Abubakar said in an interview with Vanguard, yesterday, in Bauchi that the National Executive Committee of the union only adjourned its meeting for seven days to enable it mourn Prof Festus Iyayi who died in an auto crash involving the entourage of the Kogi State Governor, Capt. Idris Wada, adding that the members were awaiting further directives from its national leadership on a new date for the NEC meeting.

SOURCE: www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/ASUU-nec-meeting-postponed-indefinitely-atbu-chairman/

1 Like

Re: ASUU NEC Meeting Not Postponed Indefinitely —ATBU Chairman by omozuat(m): 10:08pm On Nov 20, 2013
we just hope after d mournin ASUU meet and d folowing we resume
Re: ASUU NEC Meeting Not Postponed Indefinitely —ATBU Chairman by falconey(m): 10:12pm On Nov 20, 2013
Kudos ABUBAKAR........so happy to hear from my school.
Re: ASUU NEC Meeting Not Postponed Indefinitely —ATBU Chairman by walad4yhu(m): 10:38pm On Nov 20, 2013
Dnt knw y buh i jux hate to hear diz words '2009 AGREEMENT'

1 Like

Re: ASUU NEC Meeting Not Postponed Indefinitely —ATBU Chairman by lymelyte(m): 10:41pm On Nov 20, 2013
If nec adjourned it meeting for 7days,then it means news about the meeting on Friday is legitimate n true..
Re: ASUU NEC Meeting Not Postponed Indefinitely —ATBU Chairman by asanchez(m): 4:11am On Nov 21, 2013
fingers crossed
Re: ASUU NEC Meeting Not Postponed Indefinitely —ATBU Chairman by Davo93(m): 6:33am On Nov 21, 2013
In his words, "...the members were awaiting further directives from its national leadership on a new date for the NEC meeting." This part still makes it look indefinate to me.

But why has ASUU not come out through their usual spokesman, Faggae to tell us the exact day the NEC meeting of theirs will hold? I think they enjoy the suspense we students are kept.

God dey!
Re: ASUU NEC Meeting Not Postponed Indefinitely —ATBU Chairman by Osgilliat(m): 6:53am On Nov 21, 2013
The mourning ended on tuesday..yet they never fixed a date...i think someone is waiting for another bad news to support the ongoing strike.someone is receiving a very huge rewad for this strike.....may hell rain down on such person.
Re: ASUU NEC Meeting Not Postponed Indefinitely —ATBU Chairman by jaryeh(m): 7:00am On Nov 21, 2013
I don't know why a body which claims to be made up of intellectuals will have each of its branch chairmen coming out to say different things on the same issue. One of the chairmen came out to say the meeting will hold whenever ASUU gets over the shock of Prof Iyayi,another said it would hold on Friday. Now,this one is saying something else!
Which one are we gonna believe now
Re: ASUU NEC Meeting Not Postponed Indefinitely —ATBU Chairman by captainobvious: 7:17am On Nov 21, 2013
Have you observed that Since ASUU strike started, we haven't seen girl's dps in hotels and classy cars of 2013 that their father cannot even buy.. even PH Loading, Abuja on Point, party on my mind, paris is de best place foṛ your shopping, Calabar was fun... Lol Everybody dey house. Una never see anything... Snap pictures for your house na make we know who be who or your papa flat boot mecerdes Benz 1989 model... Lol...No money for brazillian hair, all babes dey on washing & setting.. No more Shawarma... Na bons & akara... Una never see anything... Christmas don reach oooo....Una go barb punk this time...

That's just by the way smiley

As for the date of the nec meeting, follow ASUU on twitter.

One <3

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Geek Or A Nerd - Take This Online Test To Know / List Of 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria- Career Pingger / Breaking News: Riot In Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.