Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,171 members, 7,950,049 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 07:15 AM

7 Nigerian Varsities Emerge For World Bank Sponsored Projects - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Nigerian Varsities Emerge For World Bank Sponsored Projects (19492 Views)

Four Finalists Emerge For Pat Utomi Prize For Student Debate / FG Probes 10 Varsities Over Fraud, Sex Scandals(see List)-daily Trust / Unilorin Leads Nigerian Varsities In World Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Nigerian Varsities Emerge For World Bank Sponsored Projects by tosomaju(m): 2:58pm On Nov 22, 2013
this thread is not about ui vs funaab. u guys can create another thread for that..

u dey waste ur mb over one school wen no care weda u grow white bear bear for house

i sorry for una condition

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerian Varsities Emerge For World Bank Sponsored Projects by AderibigbeAAA(m): 3:09pm On Nov 22, 2013
paulbets:
it is very funny to see a sensible person compare UI with FUNAAB . I could say is a big insult to UI. is more like comparing goat with cheetah. though funaab is a nice school, I still don't believe it has come any close in levels and prestige..... etc to UI . also note that been funded by the world bank does not necessarily put any school at the top. but in terms of comparisons among nigerian universities, I may categorize them in classes: where first class group naturally include UNILAG, UI, OAU......... etc (*u get the picture?*). and FUNAAB is typically in between fourth nd third class category. though I expect FUNAAB to grow nd be around second class category in the next 10 to 15 years but that is if they keep the pace with which they are moving now. forgive me people if I offended you with my view, its just my view anyhow and am sorry. should you wonder, I no dey UI oooo

MAY GOD BLESS YOU
Re: 7 Nigerian Varsities Emerge For World Bank Sponsored Projects by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 22, 2013
eknabos36: thanks bro,funaab is nt only 4 agriculture.PROUDLY COLENG,repping civil eng
repping cve too.300lvl to b precise #winkz wink
eknabos36: thanks bro,funaab is nt only 4 agriculture.PROUDLY COLENG,repping civil eng
repping cve too.300lvl to b precise #winkz
Re: 7 Nigerian Varsities Emerge For World Bank Sponsored Projects by naturalwaves: 8:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
Aderibigbe_AAA:

Either FUNAAB or UNAAB ,it can never be compared with THE UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, in UI we dont live on past glory alone, we are far ahead of FUNAAB even when it comes to recent GLORY, your lecturers are either alumni of UI or were taught by alumni of UI
The primary purpose of the university is LEARNING AND RESEARCH, and when it comes to that FUNAAB is centuries behind UI

...When a school was established as early as 1948 and another one was established in 1988. Is it not logical that most early school goers will be alumnus of the one established in 1948? Yeah, we had lecturers that finished from UI and some other schools in my time.How does that merely prove that UI is better? undecided. Some of the so called lecturers from UI are nothing to write home about while some are good. I don't want to mention any name with respect to that.
Aderibigbe_AAA: most of you Shouting FUNAABITE were either not given admission by UI or OAU after so many trials, or why on earth will you compare a school that admit candidates with 180 in jamb to a school that even those will 250 will be struggling to meet the Standard.
THE STANDARD IS CLEAR.

Hasty generalisation! How can you say people settle for Unaab because they were turned down by UI? For your information, I got admitted to study Electrical Engineering in your Almighty UI but I turned it down. In the past, UI's method of using just UME scores and O level aggregate was not the best screening method particularly where a bulk of those results were through examination malpractice.Some riff raffs gained admission through it. You talk as if Unaab just offer admission for those with a score for 200 in the UME without any form of screening (that shows you are a biased person). There are also people that scored even 260 in Ume and never got admitted to Unaab. The practice of now inviting those with less than 200 for screening is just to boost the financial resources of the school but if such candidate(s) can convincingly spank the post UME with good aggregates and a cummulative that meets the requirement, admission will be offered.

Aderibigbe_AAA:
PLEASE AFTER YOUR FIRST DEGREE, U CAN COME TO UI FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDIES AND SEE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN QUANTITY AND QUALITY
For graduates of Unaab, UI is not the first school of choice for post graduate studies. Do you think most people come to UI for post graduate studies because of your own acclaimed 'quality'? You must be dreaming sir. Sorry to burst your bubble, most people prefer UI because post graduate studies is so cheap there. For example, school fees alone in Computer science for part time at Unilag (2 years duration ) will cost about 450k. When you add other hidden charges, you have to budget 500k +. Can same be said of UI? I doubt if the school fees will even cross the 200k/ 250k mark.
[/quote]

NOTE: This is not to say that Unaab is better than UI or otherwise. Unaab is a very good school, one of the finest in all ramifications in the SW and in Nigeria and as such, can be compared with the likes of UI, OAU and UNILAG. Never say what is not true or what you don't know by being biased in your analysis.Don't rubbish the image of a good school. One eediat even said Unaab should be compared with the likes of Mapoly and Tasued.Now, that's hating.
#team Unaab.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerian Varsities Emerge For World Bank Sponsored Projects by ziziponsche(m): 11:43pm On Nov 22, 2013
All boiz: The school of farming science and skill to build the till, we are the needed potential and basic essential.
*singing* funaab funaab
Irep colnas funaab

My alabata brethren...God bless
Re: 7 Nigerian Varsities Emerge For World Bank Sponsored Projects by ziziponsche(m): 11:49pm On Nov 22, 2013
All d funaabyts in the house....lemme see u click LIKE

4 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerian Varsities Emerge For World Bank Sponsored Projects by Tjesctacy(m): 2:05pm On Sep 01, 2014
So how many people in here applied for the Worldbank funded program in any of the listed universities?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jamb Cancels Result And Portal Is Being Closed / See If Your Jamb Score Will Give You Admission / LASU Shuts Hostels As Students Test Positive For COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.