Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:48 AM

JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. (6189 Views)

Jehovahs Witnesses Alive In 1914 Will Witness The End Of The World» Watchtower / Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? / I Saw Jehovah's Witnesses Founder Charles T. Russell In Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 25, 2013
arsenalwenger: You are loyal to watchtower and not to God or Jesus. If Jesus says his coming will be like a thief in the night and you are here saying he was ethroned in 1914 then you are a liar. If Jesus said all power in heaven, on earth earth and under the heaven has been given to him (more than 2000yrs ago) and watchtower is telling me that he was invisisbly enthroned in 1914 then watchtower is lying. If Jesus said that all eyes will see him when he returns and the watchtower said 'no' that his return will be invisible, then watchtower is a lying organization.

As hisblud has said earlier, it seem the JW Jesus (aka fallen angel) is different from Jesus of the Bible.

and who said he never had authority then? this guy is lost o.

true, when Jesus comes to destroy the wicked, many will know that this is a destruction by him, but if you imagine that people will see him, read 1 Timothy 6.16.

even if he was to appear visibly that time, so you think everybody will see him?

and it seems like you don't even know what you are talking about. or that you don't know what we believe, nor do you know the Bible.

the book of revelation which spoke about Christ coming, this is his coming to destroy evil doers not about his becoming king of God 's kingdom which has been established in heaven.

1 Like

Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 25, 2013
arsenalwenger: Secular histrory or no secular history, my point is this, Jesus was not ethroned in 1914, 1894, or any date as being taught by JW. The basis of my argument is never to justify the exact date he was 'enthroned', even if you choose any date, other than 1914, it is still false. Jesus return will never be invisible (Read Act 1: 8-11 and stop believing all the junks from watchtower magazine). .

OK. this man is talking about invisibility. so stop that 1914.issue because you cannot disprove it. at that time, Christ became king of God 's kingdom. so seal your tongue on that subject.

now, to the act you quoted, tell me how that verse 11 prove your visibility?

[/quote] Jesus' return, according to the Bible, will be visible and not invisible. The earliest teaching of the Bible students (now known as JW) is that Jesus will return in 1914, but when their prophecy failed they turned it to invisible presence.

I know my point will never make sense to you, and thats the most unfortunate part of it, but that will not stop me from hammering the fact to your ear. I know you have a sincere mind for spiritual thing but it's unfortunate that you find yourself in a place that half truth is being spread, especially when it got to do with the foundation of christian doctrines.[/quote]

please provide a prove that we believed visible presence before the invisible presence when the visible presence failed.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 25, 2013
arsenalwenger: Secular histrory or no secular history, my point is this, Jesus was not ethroned in 1914, 1894, or any date as being taught by JW. The basis of my argument is never to justify the exact date he was 'enthroned', even if you choose any date, other than 1914, it is still false. Jesus return will never be invisible (Read Act 1: 8-11 and stop believing all the junks from watchtower magazine).

Jesus' return, according to the Bible, will be visible and not invisible. The earliest teaching of the Bible students (now known as JW) is that Jesus will return in 1914, but when their prophecy failed they turned it to invisible presence.

I know my point will never make sense to you, and thats the most unfortunate part of it, but that will not stop me from hammering the fact to your ear. I know you have a sincere mind for spiritual thing but it's unfortunate that you find yourself in a place that half truth is being spread, especially when it got to do with the foundation of christian doctrines.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 25, 2013
arsenalwenger: Secular histrory or no secular history, my point is this, Jesus was not ethroned in 1914, 1894, or any date as being taught by JW. The basis of my argument is never to justify the exact date he was 'enthroned', even if you choose any date, other than 1914, it is still false. Jesus return will never be invisible (Read Act 1: 8-11 and stop believing all the junks from watchtower magazine). .

OK. this man is talking about invisibility. so stop that 1914.issue because you cannot disprove it. at that time, Christ became king of God 's kingdom. so seal your tongue on that subject.

now, to the act you quoted, tell me how that verse 11 prove your visibility?

[/quote] Jesus' return, according to the Bible, will be visible and not invisible. The earliest teaching of the Bible students (now known as JW) is that Jesus will return in 1914, but when their prophecy failed they turned it to invisible presence.

I know my point will never make sense to you, and thats the most unfortunate part of it, but that will not stop me from hammering the fact to your ear. I know you have a sincere mind for spiritual thing but it's unfortunate that you find yourself in a place that half truth is being spread, especially when it got to do with the foundation of christian doctrines.[/quote]

please provide a prove that we believed visible presence before the invisible presence when the visible presence failed.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 25, 2013
TroGunn:

Your confusion comes in equating God's Kingdom starting/coming and Christ's coming to judge/destroy the wicked as the same thing.

God's Kingdom is a government in heaven. "Kingdom" is a government by a King, in this case Jesus Christ. As stated in Dan 2:44 - "In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever".

The kingdom coming did not happen while Christ was on earth - otherwise he won't ask us to pray to God as stated in Matthew 6:10 - "'Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven".

Being as the Kingdom is heavenly, it's start would be largely invisible to humans on earth as Christ was to "rule in the midst of his enemies" (Psalm 110:1-2; Hebrews 10:12-13)

I've already posted on the two lines of evidence pointing to when this Kingdom began, and how doing God's will in heaven involved Satan's ouster (Rev 12: 7-10, 12), leading to the deteriorating conditions on earth.

Christ coming to judge the wicked ( also leads to reward of everlasting life to his friends) is the part of doing God's will on earth (per the Lord's' prayer) and is yet future. Based on the Lord's prayer, it was always going to happen after the Kingdom comes, and the heavenly will has been done.

Now, when Christ said he was given all authority after his resurrection, what did he mean?

Matt 28:18-20 "Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (HIV)

Notice, how the context shows that Christ's authority relates to his backing his followers in preaching/teaching (making disciples), till "end of the age".

As Jman pointed out, same idea is in Ephesians 1:20-22 - "Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church," (Ephesians 1:20-22).

So while Christ was then waiting to assume Kingly power (till his enemies are placed as "footstool for his feet" ) , he already was given full authority to be the "head of the church/congregation" directing and protecting it as necessary.

(Also Eph 5:23: "For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Saviour" ) .

I tell you this guy is so lost, lost to the extent that he is wandering where there is no broadcast station. I don't even know how to rescue him.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 25, 2013
JMAN05:

I tell you this guy is so lost, lost to the extent that he is wandering where there is no broadcast station. I don't even know how to rescue him.

It's a problem of being fed a lifetime of crappy teachings. Coupled with pride - not wanting to accept facts laid bare.

1 Like

Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by arsenalwenger: 11:19am On Nov 25, 2013
TroGunn:

Your confusion comes in equating God's Kingdom starting/coming and Christ's coming to judge/destroy the wicked as the same thing.

God's Kingdom is a government in heaven. "Kingdom" is a government by a King, in this case Jesus Christ. As stated in Dan 2:44 - "In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever".

The kingdom coming did not happen while Christ was on earth - otherwise he won't ask us to pray to God as stated in Matthew 6:10 - "'Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven".

Being as the Kingdom is heavenly, it's start would be largely invisible to humans on earth as Christ was to "rule in the midst of his enemies" (Psalm 110:1-2; Hebrews 10:12-13)

I've already posted on the two lines of evidence pointing to when this Kingdom began, and how doing God's will in heaven involved Satan's ouster (Rev 12: 7-10, 12), leading to the deteriorating conditions on earth.

Christ coming to judge the wicked ( also leads to reward of everlasting life to his friends) is the part of doing God's will on earth (per the Lord's' prayer) and is yet future. Based on the Lord's prayer, it was always going to happen after the Kingdom comes, and the heavenly will has been done.

Now, when Christ said he was given all authority after his resurrection, what did he mean?

Matt 28:18-20 "Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (HIV)

Notice, how the context shows that Christ's authority relates to his backing his followers in preaching/teaching (making disciples), till "end of the age".

As Jman pointed out, same idea is in Ephesians 1:20-22 - "Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church," (Ephesians 1:20-22).

So while Christ was then waiting to assume Kingly power (till his enemies are placed as "footstool for his feet" ) , he already was given full authority to be the "head of the church/congregation" directing and protecting it as necessary.

(Also Eph 5:23: "For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Saviour" ) .
Thank you, so how do you relate your write-up with Act 1:7-11?
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 25, 2013
arsenalwenger: Thank you, so how do you relate your write-up with Act 1:7-11?

I am waiting to see how you will explain 1tim6:16.

I am also looking to see how verse 11 prove your point.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by arsenalwenger: 11:33am On Nov 25, 2013
TroGunn:

It's a problem of being fed a lifetime of crappy teachings. Coupled with pride - not wanting to accept facts laid bare.
No thanks for lying to me that christ's invisible return was in 1914AD. The crappy teaching I am still receiving is in christ's physical return(Acts 1:7-11).
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 25, 2013
truthislight: I never expected any usefull thing to come out from @Hisblud thread, i dont know what i am even doing here sef.

*Anyone that have time to waste can come and dance in circle in the mud with you. Smh.*

Peace though
hmm... you know what truthislight... have i asked a question too hard for you and your folks to comprehend? i simply asked a core question and you are trying to use words to say that am nt making sense?

well, if you cannot answer be courteous and ignore... but i would have loved if you could be bold enough to answer this very simple question..

another question you have not answered is which bible was used by russell to come to the chronological proof of 1914? Is it NWT or what?
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 25, 2013
JMAN05:

Hisblud, Like I always say, you either have problem in understanding or you like arguing blindly even when a written text is so clear. I am sorry, you didnt pay me to teach you English.

I dont bring up that archangel issue anymore. I asked you to provide a hebrew word for angel, you further exposed your poor research skills by posting rubbish which is not the hebrew word for angel. which makes me wonder what you gain from that gibberish you utter. As far as you failed in that direction, stop posting it as if you ve proven it wrong.

lol... i will answer you speedily to the issue of angels soonest.... and please stop trying to sound so grammatically correct from what you posted... it is as clear as any one can read or you are trying to twist the words to mean something else....

JMAN05:

EARLY in 1911, the president of the Watch Tower Society, C. T. Russell, gave a series of Bible lectures in major cities of Europe. Commenting on that tour, Russell wrote the following in The Watch Tower, May 15, 1911: “We were surprised to find so many evidences of prosperity everywhere . . . Our readers know that for some years we have been expecting this Age to close with an awful time of trouble, and we expect it to break out with suddenness and force not long [i]after [/i]October, 1914, which, so far as we can understand the Scriptures, is the date at which the Times of the Gentiles—the lease of earth’s dominions to the Gentiles—will expire; the time, therefore, when Messiah’s kingdom will be due to begin its exercise of power.”

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102005159?q=1914&p=par
notice the bolded, from oct 1914 the lease of rulership of the earth by gentile is suppose to be over and your archangel "another" christ is to begin reigning wit prosperity. What i see around me does not give credence to your prophet's statement of the end of the gentile era infact the gentiles are still ruling against your fake archangel jesus. In addition, clearly this is what 1914 prediction is
The Gentile Times would end
in 1914, resulting in
- End of Armageddon
- The fall of false religion
- The end of all governments
- The resurrection
- Paradise on earth
www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/failed-1914-predictions.php
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 25, 2013
JMAN05:

NWT has not been there then.

Thank you Jman05, no long grammer...So my dear which bible was used ... NOT NWT... which did russell use...?
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 25, 2013
arsenalwenger: you better leave if you dont have anything thing to contribute.

abi oh my bros... truthislight should just observe without commenting...
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
JMAN05:

@Hisblud, please take note - this is what I said everyone agrees, not 607BC).

For hisblud info.

TroGunn:

True, Secular history has it that the babylonians destroyed Jerusalem in 587 BC [size=18pt]as against 607 BC as taught by JW[/size]. Now, secular history is known to be wrong. And when you consider the basis for the 587 BC date, you'll realise that it's almost certainly wrong.

The Bible points to 607BC as the date Babylonians destroyed Jerusalem. Here's how:

Various Bible verse show that Jerusalem was to lay desolate and waste for 70 years.

2 Chronicles 36:20-23 - "And he removeth those left of the sword unto Babylon, and they are to him and to his sons for servants, till the reigning of the kingdom of Persia, to fulfil the word of Jehovah in the mouth of Jeremiah, till the land hath enjoyed its sabbaths; all the days of the desolation it kept sabbath -- to the fulness of seventy years. And in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, at the completion of the word of Jehovah in the mouth of Jeremiah, hath Jehovah waked up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, and he causeth an intimation to pass over into all his kingdom, and also in writing, saying, Thus said Cyrus king of Persia, All kingdoms of the earth hath Jehovah, God of the heavens, given to me, and He hath laid a charge on me to build to Him a house in Jerusalem, that is in Judah; who is among you of all His people? Jehovah his God is with him, and he doth go up.'" ( Young's)

Clearly Babylon fell, generally accepted to be in 539BC. Cyrus in his first year of ruling Babylon decreed the Jews can go back to Jerusalem.

It's also generally accepted that the Jews were back in Jerusalem by 537CE, which is when the 70-year exile ended. Thus, counting back, the start of the 70years would be 607BC - based on the Bible. Secular history arriving 587BC is based on records known to have errors.

Note that it's a calculation of years, so the length of 360- or 365 day-per-year is irrelevant since days are not being used.

We'll look at the dream of Nebuchadnezzar, other related Bible verses and how it all fits together in another post.

Jman05,Jman05,Jman05,Jman05,Jman05 are you trying to deny that Trogun never said 607BC.. check the bolded...
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
JMAN05:

@Hisblud, please take note - this is what I said everyone agrees, not 607BC).

For hisblud info.

TroGunn:

True, Secular history has it that the babylonians destroyed Jerusalem in 587 BC [size=18pt]as against 607 BC as taught by JW[/size]. Now, secular history is known to be wrong. And when you consider the basis for the 587 BC date, you'll realise that it's almost certainly wrong.

The Bible points to 607BC as the date Babylonians destroyed Jerusalem. Here's how:

Various Bible verse show that Jerusalem was to lay desolate and waste for 70 years.

2 Chronicles 36:20-23 - "And he removeth those left of the sword unto Babylon, and they are to him and to his sons for servants, till the reigning of the kingdom of Persia, to fulfil the word of Jehovah in the mouth of Jeremiah, till the land hath enjoyed its sabbaths; all the days of the desolation it kept sabbath -- to the fulness of seventy years. And in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, at the completion of the word of Jehovah in the mouth of Jeremiah, hath Jehovah waked up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, and he causeth an intimation to pass over into all his kingdom, and also in writing, saying, Thus said Cyrus king of Persia, All kingdoms of the earth hath Jehovah, God of the heavens, given to me, and He hath laid a charge on me to build to Him a house in Jerusalem, that is in Judah; who is among you of all His people? Jehovah his God is with him, and he doth go up.'" ( Young's)

Clearly Babylon fell, generally accepted to be in 539BC. Cyrus in his first year of ruling Babylon decreed the Jews can go back to Jerusalem.

It's also generally accepted that the Jews were back in Jerusalem by 537CE, which is when the 70-year exile ended. Thus, counting back, the start of the 70years would be 607BC - based on the Bible. Secular history arriving 587BC is based on records known to have errors.

Note that it's a calculation of years, so the length of 360- or 365 day-per-year is irrelevant since days are not being used.

We'll look at the dream of Nebuchadnezzar, other related Bible verses and how it all fits together in another post.

Jman05,Jman05,Jman05,Jman05,Jman05 are you trying to deny that Trogun never said 607BC.. check the bolded...
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by arsenalwenger: 2:56pm On Nov 25, 2013
JMAN05:

You want drag me into an unnecassary stalemate by this post. Read 1tim6:13-16 and comapare it with Act 1:8-11 and tell me what you understand. Stop calling a white BLACK in order to prove a point at all cost.

These verse you provided has no correlation with issue at hand (that is your 1914 discussion).
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2013
arsenalwenger: Thank you, so how do you relate your write-up with Act 1:7-11?

Acts1:7-12 - " 7He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” 9After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight. 10They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11“Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.” 12Then the apostles returned to Jerusalem from the hill called the Mount of Olives, a Sabbath day’s walkc from the city."

So only Christ disciples saw him start to ascend. And his ascension to heaven was invisible - was obscured by cloud. So his returning enthronement/actions will also be invisible since it'll be in same way/manner ( "in a cloud" - Matthew 24:30; Mark 13:26), but known/felt by his faithful followers.

This tallies with other instances of "coming in a cloud" recorded in the Bible. At least 3 cases of God appearing in a cloud are mentioned and in all cases, God was not/never seen physically, but his presence was felt -

Exodus 19: 9 - "And Jehovah said to Moses, Lo, I will come to thee in the cloud's thick darkness, that the people may hear when I speak with thee, and believe thee also for ever. And Moses told the words of the people to Jehovah". (Darby's)

Leviticus 16:2 - "and Jehovah said to Moses, Speak unto Aaron thy brother, that he come not at all times into the sanctuary inside the veil before the mercy-seat which is upon the ark, that he die not; for I will appear in the cloud upon the mercy-seat".

Numbers 11:25 - "And Jehovah came down in a cloud, and spoke to him, and took of the Spirit that was upon him, and put it upon the seventy men, the elders; and it came to pass, that when the Spirit rested on them, they prophesied, but they did not repeat it".

So coming "in a cloud" seems to mean acting invisibly, but with the effects being felt. Of course, since Christ was to be enthroned in heaven, the enthronement was not going to be seen by humans on earth (but impact felt):

Daniel 7:13,14 - "I saw in the night visions, and behold, there came with the clouds of heaven one like a son of man, and he came up even to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed".

Of course when Christ renders judgement on the wicked, everyone will know:

2 Thess. 1:6-9 - "God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus". (NIV)

2 Likes

Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 25, 2013
hisblud:

Chief, Na waooo. Of course I mentioned 607BC, isn't that what you guys brought up? But I never said it was generally accepted, which is what you implied. What I said is generally accepted are:

TroGunn:

It's also generally accepted that the Jews were back in Jerusalem by 537CE.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 26, 2013
TroGunn:

Chief, Na waooo. Of course I mentioned 607BC, isn't that what you guys brought up? But I never said it was generally accepted, which is what you implied. What I said is generally accepted are:

which is generally accepted by JW ... 587 BC OR 607BC.. by the way, am not interested in HOW 1914 came to be ... what am interested is WHY 1914 and WHAT "BIBLE" was used to come about the 1914.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 26, 2013
JMAN05:

Guy i dont think HE needs rescue ... you and all peeps that believe that Yahshua son of YHWH is an archangel who appeared in 1914 invisibly, are those that needs to be rescued... SMH... and pls dont come here chanting that i should stop all this archangel crap... its one of you core doctrine...
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 26, 2013
hisblud:

Thank you Jman05, no long grammer...So my dear which bible was used ... NOT NWT... which did russell use...?

hello any JW will like to help us here.. jman is stuck grin grin
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by rabzy: 1:01pm On Nov 26, 2013
hisblud:

This is a part of a letter russell sent to a reader and it answers this question.

As respects my education in Greek and Hebrew: Not only do I not claim very special knowledge of either language, but I claim that not one minister in a thousand is either a Hebrew or a Greek scholar. To be able to spell out a few Greek words is of no earthly value. Nor is it necessary longer to study these languages, in order to have knowledge of the Bible. Our Presbyterian friends have gotten out at great cost Young’s Analytical Hebrew, Chaldaic, Greek and English Lexicon Concordance, which anyone may procure. And our Methodist friends have issued a similar work– Strong’s Analytical Concordance and Lexicon. And there is a still older one entitled Englishman’s Hebrew, Chaldaic, Greek and English Lexicon and Concordance.
Additionally, Liddell and Scott’s Greek Lexicon is a standard authority. The prices of these are not beyond the reach of the average man. By these works scholarly information respecting the original text of the Bible is obtainable. I have all four of these works and have used them faithfully. Very few college professors, even, would risk to give a critical translation of any text of Scripture without consulting these very works of reference, which are standard. To merely learn to read the Greek and Hebrew without a six years’ course in their grammars is more likely to hinder than to help in Bible study; far better take the acknowledged scholarship to which I have referred.

Additionally I remind you of the many translations of the Bible now extant–all of them very good. I have all of these and find them useful in comparison in the study of any text–one sometimes giving a thought which another may not. The other day, for curiosity’s sake, I counted Bibles in different translations, etc., in my study and found that I have thirty-two.

The NWT was published decades later.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 26, 2013
hisblud:

which is generally accepted by JW ... 587 BC OR 607BC.. by the way, am not interested in HOW 1914 came to be ... what am interested is WHY 1914 and WHAT "BIBLE" was used to come about the 1914.

I had posted this earlier on this thread, with the appropriate bible verses. Find it and reread it slowly, using your own bible. Study things for yourself.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
hisblud:

lol... i will answer you speedily to the issue of angels soonest.... and please stop trying to sound so grammatically correct from what you posted... it is as clear as any one can read or you are trying to twist the words to mean something else....

notice the bolded, from oct 1914 the lease of rulership of the earth by gentile is suppose to be over and your archangel "another" christ is to begin reigning wit prosperity. What i see around me does not give credence to your prophet's statement of the end of the gentile era infact the gentiles are still ruling against your fake archangel jesus. In addition, clearly this is what 1914 prediction is www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/failed-1914-predictions.php

The gentile times ended that year, and Christ became king. however, at that time like I said, they never knew fully what was going to happen. they thought they will be receiving their reward that year. there expectation of reward was not stated in that chronology, but it was just their expectation. I think I provided that to show that the time of trouble was to start that year (in October), NOT end? I dont know why you shifted to another thing. If I observed you are not serious, I will simply ignore your submission.

I have repeated this before, but your focus is always in the wrong expectation to which i ve admitted. The gentile times did end as the chronology shows.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2013
hisblud:

lack of seriousness.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
hisblud:

The bolded only showed that you lied against him. My reason for enhancing that text is to show you the lie you wrote that he said 'it is generally agreed that 607 BCE, was the year of babylon's desolation'. And what you intend to show me further proved the point as against yours.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 26, 2013
arsenalwenger: You want drag me into an unnecassary stalemate by this post. Read 1tim6:13-16 and comapare it with Act 1:8-11 and tell me what you understand. Stop calling a white BLACK in order to prove a point at all cost.

These verse you provided has no correlation with issue at hand (that is your 1914 discussion).

This reply is obviously not related to my comment. I repeat:

I look forward to your explanation, not the other way round.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by rabzy: 3:33pm On Nov 26, 2013
A lot of opposing clergymen twisted what russell actually preached so as to discredit him and for people to be antagonized against him. They did this while he was still very much alive and he severally defended himself but those stories and accusations kept on being passed on. I am going to use Russell's reply to show what he 'EXPECTED' [/b]and not what he prophesied.

Up until 1904 Russell had continued to accept Barbour’s view that the time of trouble was to end, not begin, in 1914. In 1904, Russell rejected his earlier view, and he came to realize that “the time of trouble” was to begin, not end, in 1914.
These are few brief quotes below that most directly show Russell’s expectations between 1904 up to 1914, as well as some statements after 1914.
The announcement of his change of view in 1904:

We now expect that the anarchistic culmination of [b]the great time of trouble which will precede the Millennial blessings will be after October, 1914
A.D.–very speedily thereafter, in our opinion –”in one hour,” “suddenly.” — Universal Anarchy: Just Before or After October, 1914 A.D.? ZWT, July 1, 1904, page 197, Reprints 3389.

He plainly states in that article that he had come to believe that the the time of trouble will be “after [not before, as he had previously assumed] October, 1914 A.D.” This is the opposite of the view he had held before.

Again, in 1904:
The fourth testimony of the angel respecting the great time of trouble closing “the time of the end” is not yet fulfilled; but on every hand we can see that the precedent conditions are ripening. This fourth feature is expressed in the words, “And there shall be a time of trouble such as never was since there was a nation.” From other prophetic Scriptures we glean that this great trouble lies 10 years in the future. It will be ushered in at the expiration of what the Scriptures designate the “times of the Gentiles,” October, 1914 A.D. — “Lessons Drawn From St. Louis Exposition”, October 2, 1904, Pittsburgh Gazette.

Here Brother Russell again speaks of that “time of trouble” as not coming before 1914, as he had assumed before his change of viewpoint in 1904, but that it would be “ushered in at the expiration of what the Scriptures designate the ‘time of the Gentiles,’ October 1914 A.D.”

In 1910:
I believe October, 1914, is the time when we may expect that great time of trouble, because it seems to our judgment, as far as we can understand the Scriptures, that is the time when the Gentile period of lease, or tenure, will expire, and when, therefore, we may expect that the time of trouble shall be ushered in; and that time of trouble we understand is the one the Scriptures tell about–a time of trouble such as never was since there was a nation, a time of trouble which shall overwhelm all sorts of government, and every institution of the present time; and a time of trouble which thus will make ready and prepare mankind for the glorious reign of Christ and his Church, for the blessing and uplifting of all the families of the earth. — What Pastor Russell Said, Question 555:4 (1910).

In 1910:
Nineteen hundred and fourteen is the time when the “Gentile Times” will end. What does that mean? I do not know, but I think it is when God lets go in a general sense of the word, and permits things to take their course; [/b]and we can readily suppose, as the Apostle says, that the course of nature would be set on fire, because of strife. In the world of mankind, I shall expect a time of great trouble, which the Bible marks out as having its beginning about October, 1914. — What Pastor Russell Said, Question 76:1 (1910).

In 1911:
Our readers know that for some years we have been expecting this Age to close with an awful time of trouble, and we expect it to break out with suddenness and force not long after October, 1914, which, [b]so far as we can understand the Scriptures
, is the date at which the Times of the Gentiles –the lease of earth’s dominions to the Gentiles–will expire.[endquote] — “Loosing the Four Winds of Heaven”, May 15, 1911, page 146, Reprints 4822.

In 1912:
We are expecting in October, 1914, that a great change will be due. Now, how quickly will it come? Whether on the stroke of the clock or not we do not know. We believe that it will land upon humanity by that time. Perhaps some of it will come before that, but we believe it will be stayed off until that time. Now, dear friends, what if it does not? We are just as well off as the rest. That is what the Bible states. If it does not state that to you, we have no quarrel. And if it does not come we will not try to bring it about. But, on the contrary, we will try to practice peace and holiness withal. We are children of peace and peacemakers, not strife breeders. But we believe the Bible teaches October, 1914, as the time. If that is incorrect for a year, or five, or one hundred years, no matter, it is coming some time, whether we have it right or not. — Convention Sermons Report.
http://www.heraldmag.org/olb/bsl/Library/Russell/CONVRPRT/crs.pdf
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by rabzy: 3:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
In 1914 (Around January):
Evidently in response to those who were claiming that Russell was expecting the end of the world in 1914, early in 1914 Russell released the article in “The Bible Students Monthly”, entitled: “End of the Word in 1914 – Not the View of Pastor Russell, Nor of the I.B.S.A.” Russell was not expecting the end of the world in 1914.

In 1914 (Before October):
Suppose that the Gentile Times should end in October, 1914, what would be the logical thing to expect? Well, I am not sure what to expect.[i][/i] {Page Q89} We could not be sure, we would not know, whether it would take the Lord fifteen minutes or fifteen days or fifteen years to put out the kingdoms of this world. — What Pastor Russell Said, Question 79:1.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
hisblud:

Instead of you to admit that you lied against him, you shift to another lie. this guy has been eaten up by hatred to the extent that he now repeats what has been answered. Even the chronology has been given, yet the eye is still blocked with hatred. He cant see anything. the date we agree upon has also been given, even WHY 1914(unless you have another meaning to "why"wink has been given. the bible used is the Bible. I wonder what this guy is searching for.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
hisblud:

Guy i dont think HE needs rescue ... you and all peeps that believe that Yahshua son of YHWH is an archangel who appeared in 1914 invisibly, are those that needs to be rescued... SMH... and pls dont come here chanting that i should stop all this archangel crap... its one of you core doctrine...

Hmmm, your mind is decaying. hebrew word for angel? Yet your gibberish is helpless.
Re: JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. by rabzy: 3:47pm On Nov 26, 2013
From all the statements of Russell, we can see that he was a sincere Bible student who kept on studying the Bible seeking to gain fuller understanding till his death. He interacted with a lot of preachers and other Bible students to know more about the deep things of God. He gave credit to those he learn some things from and when he disagreed with them on any point he explains himself as much as he can.

HE NEVER SAID HE WAS A PROPHET NOR WAS HE PROPHESYING....he only said from his studies these are the things he is expecting to happen and even if his expectations are wrong...he said they i.e Bible students will keep on practising peace and holiness....

It is mischievous clergymen of different faiths who ganged up against him that keeps twisting all his statements and even falsifying his court statements in the press to malign Russell and fulfil their own purpose.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Evidence Of New Life In Jesus / Nairaland Religion First 11 - Just For Laughs!!! / Since I've Joined Nairaland,what I've Learned About Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.