Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,628 members, 7,941,411 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 06:27 AM

Arsenal Given Boost In Schalke Starlet Pursuit - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Given Boost In Schalke Starlet Pursuit (523 Views)

Klopp Handed Boost In Pursuit Of Bundesliga Star / List Of Money Given To Sports Ambassadors Today By Buhari / Chelsea Given Huge Boost In Race For Stones Alternative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Given Boost In Schalke Starlet Pursuit by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 21, 2013
Schalke Starlet Julian Draxler has dropped the clearest hint yet that he would be open to a move to Arsenal - but insists it won't happen in the January transfer window.

The German youngster, who appeared for his country against England at Wembley on Tuesday, is tipped for a bright future having attracted the interest of some of Europe's biggest clubs.
Draxler was linked with a big money move to Arsenal over the summer, however the north London club were unable to get the deal done.

Manchester United and Chelsea are also said to be in the running for his signature but it is Arsenal who appear to lead the way.

The Schalke man, who has a €45 million release clause in his contract, insists there is no chance of him moving in January because it may effect his place in the German national team ahead of the World Cup.

He said: 'I won’t switch then. It’s very important for me to play nearly every game. For my club I have the chance to play nearly every game, it’s important for me to improve myself.

“I’ve said every summer I have to look what is the best for me and I will do in the summer again and we will see what happens.”

However he did admit that a move to the Premier League interested him, and described Arsenal as a 'nice' club.

“I have always said English teams are very big clubs and Arsenal is of course one of them," he revealed.

“Of course I sometimes speak to Mesut or Per about the team, about the club, and they always have good words and they tell me nice things. You never know what happens in the summer but Arsenal is a very, very nice team.”

He added of the Gunners, who are currently sitting in first place in the Premier League: “They always have very young players, they play attractive football and that’s what I like".
Re: Arsenal Given Boost In Schalke Starlet Pursuit by buoye1(m): 12:50pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ok

(1) (Reply)

23/11/2013 Soccer Predictions / Arsenal Fan Slams Mesut Ozil After Southampton: We Need To See More From Ozil / Victor Moses Wins Nigerian Footballer Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.