Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,408 members, 7,911,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 10:39 PM

Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? (5516 Views)

Three Arguments For God's Existence / Theists And Atheists What Do U Think Of Pascal's Wager. / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by SIRANDREWS: 12:16pm On Dec 27, 2013
aManFromMars:
Lol. Which section, bro? tongue
of course blind beliefs
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by Joshthefirst(m): 1:05pm On Dec 27, 2013
SIR ANDREWS: of course blind beliefs
how is this an answer to his question? Smh. grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by Joshthefirst(m): 1:08pm On Dec 27, 2013
aManFromMars:
Lol. Which section, bro? kiss

Of course, Hitler was a Christian. Whether he was following Christian tenets is another matter.

A monkey remains a monkey, doesn't matter if he learns to use a keyboard or hates bananas. tongue
this is untrue. After a series of gradual genetic variations and speciation occuring over millions of years, a monkey can become a man. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by Joshthefirst(m): 1:19pm On Dec 27, 2013
Afrobasic:

Case closed... Hitler was a Christian, would be using this piece in case of a future argument.

Nice job getting that mini-article @cold, it's so cool wink
how does that quote make him a christian? Smh.
Take a look at these then:

We are the joyous Hitler youth,
We do not need any Christian virtue
Our leader is our savior
The Pope and Rabbi shall be gone
We want to be pagans once again.”

- Song sung by Hitler youth

“The Ten Commandments have lost their validity.  Conscience is a Jewish invention, it is a blemish like circumcision.”

- Rauschning, Hitler Speaks, p. 220

“The heaviest blow which ever struck humanity was Christianity; Bolshevism is Christianity’s illegitimate child.  Both are inventions of the Jew.”

- Norman Cameron and R.H. Stevens, trans., (Oxford, 1953), Hitler's Table-Talk, p. 7

“The law of selection justifies this incessant struggle, by allowing the survival of the fittest.  Christianity is a rebellion against natural law, a protest against nature.  Taken to its logical extreme, Christianity would mean the systematic cultivation of the human failure.”

- Norman Cameron and R.H. Stevens, trans., (Oxford, 1953), Hitler's Table-Talk, p. 51

Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: this is untrue. After a series of gradual genetic variations and speciation occuring over millions of years, a monkey can become a man. grin grin grin

You keep repeating this like evolutions is the 'atheist's' alternative to your creation story. Keep fooling. smiley
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by Joshthefirst(m): 1:46pm On Dec 27, 2013
aManFromMars:

You keep repeating this like evolutions is the 'atheist's' alternative to your creation story. Keep fooling. smiley
yeah yeah. You know it is.
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: this is untrue. After a series of gradual genetic variations and speciation occuring over millions of years, a monkey can become a man. grin grin grin

Just when I was thinking of opening a thread showing religious people on nairaland are a bit better at debating than their counterparts off nairaland, you just showed me I might be wrong with the bolded.
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 27, 2013
aManFromMars:

lol, funny how they fail to realise showing evolution is wrong doesn't make one less of an atheist.

Religionists think the atheistic worldview depends solely on the truth of evolution or the big bang grin grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by Joshthefirst(m): 2:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
rationalmind:

lol, funny how they fail to realise showing evolution is wrong doesn't make one less of an atheist.

Religionists think the atheistic worldview depends solely on the truth of evolution or the big bang grin grin
how did you reach this conclusion? How has my post implied this position? Just when I was thinking you would ponder your posts before pressing submit...
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by cold(m): 3:05pm On Dec 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: yeah yeah. You know it is.
Ignorance is not bliss. Please educate yourself

Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by Joshthefirst(m): 3:26pm On Dec 27, 2013
cold:
Ignorance is not bliss. Please educate yourself
foolishness sir, is also not bliss. Please stop denying reality and being biased and blind.
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by cold(m): 3:36pm On Dec 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: foolishness sir, is also not bliss. Please stop denying reality and being biased and blind.
And what is this reality you love to yap about?
A big daddy in the sky in whom most people believe, but no one has seen. He's a really nice guy unless you fail to submit to his will and/or doubt his existence, because then he will punish you forever. He's also kind of nazi about who you have sex with & when you have it.
Yeah seems legit
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by Redlyn: 3:44pm On Dec 27, 2013

Is that what you have learnt about the theory of evolution? You clearly know your stuff.
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by Joshthefirst(m): 3:47pm On Dec 27, 2013
cold:
And what is this reality you love to yap about?
A big daddy in the sky in whom most people believe, but no one has seen. He's a really nice guy unless you fail to submit to his will and/or doubt his existence, because then he will punish you forever. He's also kind of nazi about who you have sex with & when you have it.
Yeah seems legit
reality is a God who does things his own way but chooses to be good, whom people have seen and encountered and in whom people believe. A God who is a judge and judges and condemns everyone guilty of breaking the law(how many times will this be said? Are you hard of hearing?), including those who conveniently deny his existence inspite of glaring evidence, who deny truth because of hypocrisy, who carry out lawlessness foolishly and have "sex anyhow"(you brought this up, not me) without thinking of repercussions, who claim living things come from non-living and make many other pathetic claims to justify their lawless position. Most of whom are surprisingly angry at a God they don't believe exists., etc, etc.
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: how did you reach this conclusion? How has my post implied this position? Just when I was thinking you would ponder your posts before pressing submit...

Lol, this josh na mumu o grin grin. Who said your post implied it? FYI, I made a general statement
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by Joshthefirst(m): 3:49pm On Dec 27, 2013
Redlyn:

Is that what you have learnt about the theory of evolution? You clearly know your stuff.
if you are able to look carefully and understand context, you'll realize that my statement which has brought up such controversy was a simple joke.
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by Joshthefirst(m): 3:53pm On Dec 27, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, this josh na mumu o grin grin. Who said your post implied it? FYI, I made a general statement
nice comeback, claim generality even when it is patently false. Show me where any of the religionists on this forum has shown any form of thinking that implies that the atheistic worldview depends solely on evolution and the big bang.
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by Redlyn: 3:55pm On Dec 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: if you are able to look carefully and understand context, you'll realize that my statement which has brought up such controversy was a simple joke.

Maybe if it was actually funny.. tongue
Anyway I got you. And my statement was also a 'joke'. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by Joshthefirst(m): 4:05pm On Dec 27, 2013
Redlyn:

Maybe if it was actually funny.. tongue
Anyway I got you. And my statement was also a 'joke'. wink
grin

Well played.
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: nice comeback, claim generality even when it is patently false. Show me where any of the religionists on this forum has shown any form of thinking that implies that the atheistic worldview depends solely on evolution and the big bang.

How predictable!!!

Maybe there's something I'm missing. But why are you always quick to say "this is someone who thinks bonobos are his cousins" whenever an atheist makes any remark about the bible.

If you know atheism has nothing to do with evolution, then why the statement?

Its more like a statement from someone who atheism and evolution are inseperable.

Someone attacks your theist beliefs, you attack evolution in return. What is that supposed to mean?
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by Joshthefirst(m): 4:55pm On Dec 27, 2013
rationalmind:

How predictable!!!

Maybe there's something I'm missing. But why are you always quick to say "this is someone who thinks bonobos are his cousins" whenever an atheist makes any remark about the bible.

If you know atheism has nothing to do with evolution, then why the statement?

Its more like a statement from someone who atheism and evolution are inseperable.

Someone attacks your theist beliefs, you attack evolution in return. What is that supposed to mean?
most of you guys believe in evolution and the big bang, so when you claim I am being unreasonable by believing the bible, I also show you some of the much more "unreasonable" things you believe in.

When anyone attacks my beliefs, don't I have liberty to show him how his own beliefs are prone to attack? even worse attack than mine?

And since you are no longer speaking generally, go ahead and show me where I have implied atheism has evolution as its sole basis or where I have spoken of evolution's ludicrousness to mazaje for example, who does not believe in darwinian evolution.
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by cold(m): 5:24pm On Dec 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: reality is a God who does things his own way but chooses to be good, whom people have seen and encountered and in whom people believe. A God who is a judge and judges and condemns everyone guilty of breaking the law(how many times will this be said? Are you hard of hearing?), including those who conveniently deny his existence inspite of glaring evidence, who deny truth because of hypocrisy, who carry out lawlessness foolishly and have "sex anyhow"(you brought this up, not me) without thinking of repercussions, who claim living things come from non-living and make many other pathetic claims to justify their lawless position. Most of whom are surprisingly angry at a God they don't believe exists., etc, etc.
'Who conveniently deny his existence in spite of glaring evidence'. Ho ho ho this has got to be the dumbest comment yet since Sarah Palin called Africa a country. Pray tell,what evidence is this you speak about? I sincerely hope you will not go the creation route,i believe you're smarter than that

Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by cold(m): 5:31pm On Dec 27, 2013
And as for atheists anger..need i say more?

Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: most of you guys believe in evolution and the big bang, so when you claim I am being unreasonable by believing the bible, I also show you some of the much more "unreasonable" things you believe in.

When anyone attacks my beliefs, don't I have liberty to show him how his own beliefs are prone to attack? even worse attack than mine?

And since you are no longer speaking generally, go ahead and show me where I have implied atheism has evolution as its sole basis or where I have spoken of evolution's ludicrousness to mazaje for example, who does not believe in darwinian evolution.

See? That's the point.

Even if you attack evolution and show its wrong, you attack the big bang and show its wrong, we still remain atheists. Our atheistic worldview does not depend on it.

Now compare this with we successfully proving to you that the bible is false, Jesus maybe never existed, moses, adam, eve etc were all myths who never existed. Do you have any idea what that will do to your worldview?

That's the difference.

You again ask me to show where you said our atheistic worldview depends on evolution and the big-bang. I don't know how else you want me to do that. The reason we attack the bible is because we know your worldview depends on it. When you attack evolution and the big bang in return, it in my opinion is because you also feel our worldview depends on it.
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by Joshthefirst(m): 6:24pm On Dec 27, 2013
rationalmind:

See? That's the point.

Even if you attack evolution and show its wrong, you attack the big bang and show its wrong, we still remain atheists. Our atheistic worldview does not depend on it.

Now compare this with we successfully proving to you that the bible is false, Jesus maybe never existed, moses, adam, eve etc were all myths who never existed. Do you have any idea what that will do to your worldview?

That's the difference.

You again ask me to show where you said our atheistic worldview depends on evolution and the big-bang. I don't know how else you want me to do that. The reason we attack the bible is because we know your worldview depends on it. When you attack evolution and the big bang in return, it in my opinion is because you also feel our worldview depends on it.
I do not attack evolution because of atheism. I attack evolution because it doesn't make sense, and it is preposterous.

The only time I link you with evolution is when adressing what you believe, or joking.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by UyiIredia(m): 7:58pm On Dec 27, 2013
I do a lot but I'm sure it's a phase. I've had them. There was once a time I always drooled over Nokia 8810s and Sony Eric son K700i's. That one son pass. There was a time I was a Wikipedia and howstuffworks buff. That partly led to my interest in atheism. I have decided at a point, I will devote more energy to talking on issues of national development. Believe it or not, that will more likely spur atheism more than any online argument given the trend amongst successful nations being atheistic or not as religious, with few exceptions.
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by NativeBoy: 9:20pm On Dec 27, 2013
It is a real shame that none of you bothered to read the link provided.

In adulthood, Hitler became disdainful of Christianity, but in seeking out and in trying to retain power in Germany, he was prepared to set aside his views on religion out of political considerations. He repeatedly stated that Nazism was a secular ideology founded on science.[1] It is generally accepted by historians that Hitler's post war and long term goal was the eradication of Christianity in Germany.[2][3] The adult Hitler did not believe in the Judeo-Christian notion of God, though various scholars consider his final religious position may have been a form of deism. Others consider him "atheist". The question of atheism is debated, however reputable Hitler biographers Ian Kershaw, Joachim Fest and Alan Bullock agree Hitler was anti-Christian. This view is evidenced in sources such as the Goebbels Diaries, the memoirs of Albert Speer, and the transcripts edited by Martin Bormann which are contained within Hitler's Table Talk, an influential translation of which was completed by historian Hugh Trevor-Roper.

Again, if you want to deny Hitler was an atheist feel free. I guess all the biographers and historians that say he was are conspiring to lie.
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by NativeBoy: 9:31pm On Dec 27, 2013
Uyi Iredia: I do a lot but I'm sure it's a phase. I've had them. There was once a time I always drooled over Nokia 8810s and Sony Eric son K700i's. That one son pass. There was a time I was a Wikipedia and howstuffworks buff. That partly led to my interest in atheism. I have decided at a point, I will devote more energy to talking on issues of national development. Believe it or not, that will more likely spur atheism more than any online argument given the trend amongst successful nations being atheistic or not as religious, with few exceptions.

I actually agree with you. Once Africa starts to advance, atheism will increase. It will be because of the way most people have been taught about God: it is either God or science, either trust God or your human intelligence and talents (both God given). The either-or is a huge misconception. Some of the great minds of the past and present were and are still believers.
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by MrTroll(m): 10:15pm On Dec 27, 2013
NativeBoy: It is a real shame that none of you bothered to read the link provided.

In adulthood, Hitler became disdainful of Christianity, but in seeking out and in trying to retain power in Germany, he was prepared to set aside his views on religion out of political considerations. He repeatedly stated that Nazism was a secular ideoaccepted by historians that Hitler's post war and long term goal was the eradication of Christianity in Germany.[2][3] The adult Hitler did not believe in the Judeo-Christian notion of God, though various scholars consider his final religious position may have been a form of deism. Others consider him "atheist". The question of atheism is debated, however reputable Hitler biographers Ian Kershaw, Joachim Fest and Alan Bullock agree Hitler was anti-Christian. This view is evidenced in sources such as the Goebbels Diaries, the memoirs of Albert Speer, and the transcripts edited by Martin Bormann which are contained within Hitler's Table Talk, an influential translation of which was completed by historian Hugh Trevor-Roper.

Again, if you want to deny Hitler was an atheist feel free. I guess all the biographers and historians that say he was are conspiring to lie.
even this extract shows that the issue of his atheism was debated. The man himself never said he was atheist. Is this what you consider iron cast proof of Hitler being an atheist? Lol.

I wonder how even being antichristian=atheism.
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 27, 2013
Here is an assignment for you native boy.

Differentiate between anti-theism and atheism.

Submit latest by 8a.m tomorrow grin grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by plaetton: 7:30am On Dec 28, 2013
Joshthefirst: I do not attack evolution because of atheism. I attack evolution because it doesn't make sense, and it is preposterous.

The only time I link you with evolution is when adressing what you believe, or joking.

It doesn't make sense because you probably dont have (a) enough scientific knowledge or and (B) You do not have enough sense to comprehend it.
Re: Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence? by MrTroll(m): 11:22pm On Dec 28, 2013
plaetton:

It doesn't make sense because you probably dont have (a) enough scientific knowledge or and (B) You do not have enough sense to comprehend it.

(c) he's living in denial.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Church Sacks General Overseer Over Fraud / A More reasonable Break Down Of Stephen Hawkin's Famous Quote On Gravity / Has There Been Anyone Who Became An Atheist By Reading Arguments On NL?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.