Stats: 3,193,170 members, 7,950,039 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 07:03 AM

Lagos Sealed Our House Over Land Use Charge - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Sealed Our House Over Land Use Charge (11564 Views)

Land Use Charge: Lagos Moves To Seal Properties Of Defaulters … / Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? / Who Is To Pay The Lagos Land Use Charge?? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lagos Sealed Our House Over Land Use Charge by ballabriggs: 10:42am On Nov 22, 2013
oyb: 1.5 m land use charge for a residence?

is this an ultra high value area

your landlord has fked you

http://xelpost.com/regex/understanding-land-use-charge-of-lagos-state-nigeria/

your 1.5 million has k leg

the whole land use charge thingy started in 2001 - i am struggling to imagine how 12 years unpaid land use charge will balloon to 1.5m

something is not right somewhere

http://landusecharge.com/

contact them - it may be some dirty shakedown

Possibly with penalties and interest for default.
Re: Lagos Sealed Our House Over Land Use Charge by Gabassin: 11:21am On Nov 22, 2013
Professor Peter: If i shout APC you shout change. Let's go APCccccccccccccccccccccc, slaveryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Shut up! You are a PDP member
madness don dey start b dat ooooooooooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Sealed Our House Over Land Use Charge by Gabassin: 11:25am On Nov 22, 2013
icebeatz: [img]http://2.bp..com/-fPz-XguAt3c/Uo6dkiK-qoI/AAAAAAAABCA/uKtmF5F0nPY/s400/IMG_6160.JPG[/img]

Right now, i need some good advise.
Few months ago, we rented a house in vgc. Lagos. Ever since we rented that house, we have been paying one bill or another. (water, light, fumigation, cleaners)... as in the bills toooo much

straight to the point...

Today, the Lagos state government sealed the house due to land use charges running into over 1.5. Million Naira.

They say its accumulated land use charge for about 8-10 Years now.
The annoying thing is that we only moved into the house last month and we weren't the ones living there for all the years the land charge was accumulating.

When we got home today, out of annoyance, i wanted to break the padlock but my dad cautioned me against it and right now we are staying at our older house at Ikeja.

Please we need assistance from Anyone that knows anything about this or has some experience on how to deal with this kind of palava.

Why should we pay accumulated land use charge when we only moved in recently
If the state government had done what they were supposed to do when they were supposed to do it, then we wouldn't be having this issue.

Finally the area fine sha... i sweeear!!

Thank you.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-RlL4th35y44/Uo6d1tezi0I/AAAAAAAABCY/PXtyh049c5U/s400/IMG_6134.JPG[/img]

http://spankthedonut..com/2013/11/help-oh-lagos-state-government-seals.html#more
ogaa naa by force nii den dey take lyf 4 vgc ? cum 2 my area 300k 3bed room. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lagos Sealed Our House Over Land Use Charge by Reference(m): 11:35am On Nov 22, 2013
idupaul: Talk to the landlord .. Land Use charges are charged to Landlords and not tennants..

I tire oh. We did this. We did that. Is it ya house or not. What are the terms of occupancy. And read the small print carefully.
Re: Lagos Sealed Our House Over Land Use Charge by Daresh(f): 11:50am On Nov 22, 2013
The owner of the property is the one to pay the Land Use charge not you the tenant. Please communicate with your Landlord and if he insists you pay then you have to consult a lawyer and take it out of his rent.
Re: Lagos Sealed Our House Over Land Use Charge by slimmingcare(f): 12:01pm On Nov 22, 2013
fashola pls help these people o!
Re: Lagos Sealed Our House Over Land Use Charge by Reference(m): 12:10pm On Nov 22, 2013
icebeatz:

we are planning to buy the house and the "rent fee" we paid is like a trial buy.
We plan living there for 2 years first and if its cool, we make full payment... To be honest, i don't know who the landlord is.. i have never used my korokoro eyes to see him...

what you said is a great idea.
I will mention that to my folks this morning.

Hmm. You plan to buy the house from an owner you have never seen before. What is the name of this drama? Phantom Menace?
Re: Lagos Sealed Our House Over Land Use Charge by mapet: 12:27pm On Nov 22, 2013
@ OP
1. I sincerely empathize with you and your family in your plight.
2. I also think it's juvenile and ridiculous for you to display crass ignorance here. "If the government had done what they are supposed to do..." like what exactly? quit blaming the government for faults of both you guys and the Landlord. I dare sare that it is only an irresponsible citizen than will not pay taxes.
3. I believe your dad will be in the best position to explain what can be done in this situation to you. How the landlord conned you guys into inheriting the accumulated land use charge and other accumulated bills are sad. It was just simply Lagos State government clamps down.
4. Options include get a lawyer, go to LSG, negotiate your option to opt out of the tenantship of the house and allowance to move out your property or factor the O/S cost of the property as sunk, if you like the property then buy outright, regularize all documents and pay all taxes then you can live in peace.
Re: Lagos Sealed Our House Over Land Use Charge by mapet: 12:27pm On Nov 22, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Reference:

Hmm. You plan to buy the house from an owner you have never seen before. What is the name of this drama? Phantom Menace?
Re: Lagos Sealed Our House Over Land Use Charge by hohafrank(m): 12:39pm On Nov 22, 2013
icebeatz:

we are planning to buy the house and the "rent fee" we paid is like a trial buy.
We plan living there for 2 years first and if its cool, we make full payment... To be honest, i don't know who the landlord is.. i have never used my korokoro eyes to see him...

what you said is a great idea.
I will mention that to my folks this morning.
Since you have bought the house both the assets and liabilities pertaining to the house is passed down to the new owner.You should have asked if there is any accumulated bills before acquiring it.

Re: Lagos Sealed Our House Over Land Use Charge by solayemi(m): 1:16pm On Nov 22, 2013
nikkyshyne: Living in VGC and still use a 3310? tongue
. wetin ur eyes dey find? grin
Re: Lagos Sealed Our House Over Land Use Charge by Mannastoress: 2:02pm On Nov 22, 2013
IF THE LANDLORD IS REFUSING TO DO ANYTHING, PAY THE N1.5M , GET ALL VALUABLE RECEIPTS FROM THE OFFICE YOU MADE THE PAYMENTS, LATER DEDUCT IT FROM THE RENT OR BUYING OF THE PROPERTY. THE LANDLORD WONT LIKE IT BUT HE HAS TO LIVE WITH IT, HE WONT EVEN GO TO COURT SINCE HE IS AT FAULT
icebeatz: [img]http://2.bp..com/-fPz-XguAt3c/Uo6dkiK-qoI/AAAAAAAABCA/uKtmF5F0nPY/s400/IMG_6160.JPG[/img]

Right now, i need some good advise.
Few months ago, we rented a house in vgc. Lagos. Ever since we rented that house, we have been paying one bill or another. (water, light, fumigation, cleaners)... as in the bills toooo much

straight to the point...

Today, the Lagos state government sealed the house due to land use charges running into over 1.5. Million Naira.

They say its accumulated land use charge for about 8-10 Years now.
The annoying thing is that we only moved into the house last month and we weren't the ones living there for all the years the land charge was accumulating.

When we got home today, out of annoyance, i wanted to break the padlock but my dad cautioned me against it and right now we are staying at our older house at Ikeja.

Please we need assistance from Anyone that knows anything about this or has some experience on how to deal with this kind of palava.

Why should we pay accumulated land use charge when we only moved in recently
If the state government had done what they were supposed to do when they were supposed to do it, then we wouldn't be having this issue.

Finally the area fine sha... i sweeear!!

Thank you.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-RlL4th35y44/Uo6d1tezi0I/AAAAAAAABCY/PXtyh049c5U/s400/IMG_6134.JPG[/img]

http://spankthedonut..com/2013/11/help-oh-lagos-state-government-seals.html#more
Re: Lagos Sealed Our House Over Land Use Charge by andyanders: 2:49pm On Nov 22, 2013
Very simple. Your parents should know who owns the property or the person they rented/want to buy the property from.

Let it be known to the owner that he needs to sort out the issue out with the government and since your parents have not bought the property from the owner, the owner should be held responsible for this mistake and be ready either to pay or process you guys for a refund of the rent your parents paid.

Let your parents first go to their office to be able to hear from them and ask them the best option to resolve the issue hence your parents are not the owner of the said property.

If the owner fail to act to resolve the issue, let your parents get a lawyer and get the agent arrested and be asked to refund your rent paid so that you guys can now take this opportunity look within the environment to get a better house to buy after thorough investigation.
Re: Lagos Sealed Our House Over Land Use Charge by dadafay: 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2013
Land use charge are paid by the landlord of the property. I pay my land use charge every year and don't even bother the tenants, infact they don't even know how much I pay. Landlords can be very tricky atimes so watch it. Goodluck.
Re: Lagos Sealed Our House Over Land Use Charge by RKVINTLTD: 5:01pm On Nov 22, 2013
If your landlord failed to pay Land use act bill since 2001 and now 2013 up to 12 years, then let him go face Lagos State Government, pack your load and leave that house, find an alternative before it grows out of hand. Government had been patient enough.

That landlord can not afford to pay all 1.5million now since he cannot pay before the alarm blows. The land use act given to him in 2001 might be 60,000 only per year, but when he failed to pay, penalty and interest will be added and accrued to the next year also in the next year same applies to date.

This is what we call the effect of Cumulative Valuation. Accrued Annual cumulative charges plus Cumulative interest to date and Penalty Charges to date.

Your landlord should better go an face his music, I can see the Gates of Prison opened for him already, is a matter of time, whether he pays or not. Do not jock with Government Regulations, its very risky and one has himself to blame if the alarm should blow. Trust BRF, Who born monkey ? Your landlord should go and ask Computer Village Traders in Ikeja, Mostly Ibos who are very stubborn and like braking laws, they were embarrassed and humiliated, held hostage and rendered helpless until they complied and pay their respective Taxes. Now Computer village can not joke again with BRF, they are gentlemen and Women now, there is discipline and Control. No one is above the Law in Lagos State unlike other States in Nigeria.

Look for another place to avoid Law enforcement embarrassment when on action, nobody can stop Taskforce when they are given order, even if they instruct them to demolish house, what you see is Bulldozers in action and standby 'Kill and Go' Mobile police look for who to rinse with bullets.

Run for your dear life.
Re: Lagos Sealed Our House Over Land Use Charge by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2013
hooper: YOU HAVE TO PAY IT..
IF A NEW GOVERNMENT TAKES OVER THE MANTLE OF A STATE, THE GOVERNOR HAVE TO PAY THE DEBIT HE MEET ON GROUND..

ARE U TRULY INDIGENE OF LAGOS?
HOPE YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THE IGBOS SOJOURNING IN LAGOS...

I am not a yoruba person.... kill urself!
Re: Lagos Sealed Our House Over Land Use Charge by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2013
oyb: https://www.nairaland.com/icebeatz/posts

na blogger -

i think one should disregard this poorly put together fable

ogbeni i blog for fun.
I am currently serving and if u notice, my blog isn't the type that pays... i dont need their adsense money.

Whats ur P??

aNYTHING I POST ON MY BLOG, I ALSO POST ON NAIRALAND.

DOES THAT MEAN MA TORY DEY FALSE?
Re: Lagos Sealed Our House Over Land Use Charge by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 22, 2013
Reference:

did u read my post??

my folks are the one buying the house.
PERSONALLY, I HAVE NOT MET THE "landlord" but i am sure my old folks have met em

A Beautiful Beach Front Buy And Build Estate Located At Awoyaya+2349030188831 / Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) / How To Be A Nigerian Landlord