Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,407 members, 7,881,490 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:08 PM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (203061 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kennygee18(m): 4:32pm On Nov 22, 2013
Wtz wit u?dnt u knw wen 2 joke?
Vladm: *in wizkid voice*..... If u know u're feeling this strike, lemmi hear u say nexxxxxxxt yeeaaaarrr

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by michealade(m): 4:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
Vladm: *in wizkid voice*..... If u know u're feeling this strike, lemmi hear u say nexxxxxxxt yeeaaaarrr
bad guy
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by pelumzy007(m): 4:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
D meeting is presently been held in kano....saw so many universities ASUU members in royal tropicana hotel in kano trying to get lodge nd dis morning wen i went dere to pick somebody i saw a coaster bust frm buk leading them out of the hotel.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Caseless: 4:36pm On Nov 22, 2013
livingstoneony: they shouldn't call off till after the new year celebration..
jst my wish. I dnt think they wld call of d strike, if they had wanted to do that, it shldn't have taken them more than 3weeks to do that now. My lecturer said we'r coming back in january.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by AderibigbeAAA(m): 4:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
[quote author=Manchelsea]The NEC MEETING is ongoing, my uncle is a VC and my HOD who is also my project supervisor and like a friend to me is a chairperson ASUU local branch ....ie my university chairperson of the union. Well enough of the profile but what am saying is that BOTH PERSONS confirmed the meeting to be holding but venue, they didn't tell me.[/quote
you're a student of Which school?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by michealade(m): 4:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
pelumzy007: D meeting is presently been held in kano....saw so many universities ASUU members in royal tropicana hotel in kano trying to get lodge nd dis morning wen i went dere to pick somebody i saw a coaster bust frm buk leading them out of the hotel.
I saw dem too..
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kennygee18(m): 4:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
Xo dat hunk iz ur dad abi?mak i catch u
falconey: PLEASE DONT PANICK.......the meeting is on .ASUU didn't tell us the VENUE cus of BOKO ARAM.........I am the son of NASIR FAGGAY ASUU PRESIDENT.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by shaibolo(m): 4:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
ASUU NEC meeting is holding today in Kano. Whether the ongoing national strike will be suspended (labour unions no longer call off strikes) is another issue. Hope dey sha
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by jumzzy448: 4:38pm On Nov 22, 2013
Ayima: Welcome to ASUU customer care.To be Serviced in English Press (1)Nhi na igbo bipuo abua (2)ti e ba fe Yoruba te eta (3)da Hausa press (4)if u wan pidgin press (5)To know whether your school voted for or againstresumption, press 1;To know the date for Iyayi's burial ceremony, press 2;To know the date of the next NEC meeting, press 3;To start to receive free Newsletter on ASUU MEETINGS, press 4;To download ASUU callers' tune "ILE TI SUNMI", press 5;To participate in ASUU predict and win when ASUU strike would be called off press 6.To speak with ASUU Chairman or representative, please press 0, To go back to the main menu, press #.

9ja I dey hail ohhhhhhhh\=D/ cheesy :p
God....can't stop laughing.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Arlex(m): 4:39pm On Nov 22, 2013
falconey: PLEASE DONT PANICK.......the meeting is on .ASUU didn't tell us the VENUE cus of BOKO ARAM.........I am the son of NASIR FAGGAY ASUU PRESIDENT.
for ur plastic mind
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by peter1994(m): 4:40pm On Nov 22, 2013
See people!!! shocked
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Caseless: 4:41pm On Nov 22, 2013
yeeaaaar...yeeaar!

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by jayjam(m): 4:41pm On Nov 22, 2013
Dr Faleye of the English dept,OAU has this to say "I don't know about the meeting and that is because i don't want to give out false info.All you need do is just get a radioset or stick to the dailies to get the authentic info" from this i could fathom that its nt all the lecturers that knows whats going on in ASUU national body or its just that they've been authorised to remain coy as regards letting out of such info
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by GoodBoi1(m): 4:42pm On Nov 22, 2013
HUURRAAYYY!!! FINALLY!!
. Yeah, that's what it will be like when ASUU calls off strike...smh
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Caseless: 4:43pm On Nov 22, 2013
Arlex: for ur plastic mind
*faints*

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by michealade(m): 4:46pm On Nov 22, 2013
jayjam: Dr Faleye of the English dept,OAU has this to say "I don't know about the meeting and that is because i don't want to give out false info.All you need do is just get a radioset or stick to the dailies to get the authentic info" from this i could fathom that its nt all the lecturers that knows whats going on in ASUU national body or its just that they've been authorised to remain coy as regards letting out of such info
hmmmmm
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by BossTtdiamonds(m): 4:48pm On Nov 22, 2013
Attached Below was A pic of some idiot named "screenagerjoe" Posted earlier statin' tis' was the venue where the NEC meetin' was takin' place... I have to admit it took me hours to pull the image off the internet... The mods had deleted the picture before I could save it..So had to use backdoor method...

Plus I noticed the dude's gay...as the pic states it all....

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by deebrain(m): 4:51pm On Nov 22, 2013
Ayima: Welcome to ASUU customer care.To be Serviced in English Press (1)Nhi na igbo bipuo abua (2)ti e ba fe Yoruba te eta (3)da Hausa press (4)if u wan pidgin press (5)To know whether your school voted for or againstresumption, press 1;To know the date for Iyayi's burial ceremony, press 2;To know the date of the next NEC meeting, press 3;To start to receive free Newsletter on ASUU MEETINGS, press 4;To download ASUU callers' tune "ILE TI SUNMI", press 5;To participate in ASUU predict and win when ASUU strike would be called off press 6.To speak with ASUU Chairman or representative, please press 0, To go back to the main menu, press #.

9ja I dey hail ohhhhhhhh\=D/ cheesy :p

May the Lord have mercy on u.

grin
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Akinlekanwr(m): 5:00pm On Nov 22, 2013
What if its a burial committee meeting holding at Iyayi's residence in Benin?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by jaidor: 5:01pm On Nov 22, 2013
Ooooops I just stumbled on this site through google...Ok about the NEC meeting, for those that care to believe, I can implicitly confirm to you that the meeting is on going right now(though started about an hour ago). But the venue is what I am not at liberty to post here (for security reasons).

For information on the outcome of the meeting, pls visit our website
www.nigeriaelectricitycommission.com.ng
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 22, 2013

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by ngoziigwe(f): 5:09pm On Nov 22, 2013
From the senate:
Those in favour for the continuation of the current ASUU strike until next year and beyond, say "I" and those against say "NAY"
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by SirTunechi(f): 5:10pm On Nov 22, 2013
jaidor: Ooooops I just stumbled on this site through google...Ok about the NEC meeting, I can explicitly confirm to you that the meeting is on going right now(though started about an hour ago). But the venue is what I am not at liberty to post here (for security reasons).

For information on the outcome of the meeting, pls visit our website
www.nigeriaelectricitycommission.com.ng
did you also stumble on the username you're using?
traffic finder
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by dinoxiv(m): 5:11pm On Nov 22, 2013
Fynestboi: ASUU!!! ASUU!!! ASUU!!! Strike have really turn this education section to rumours lodge, false information carriers have decided to nest their egg on this section, hence to curb this unacceptable and degrading act we moderator of this section have decided to open this thread for ASUU news, therefore all News concerning ASUU strike should be post on here if the news comes out real with well stated source and nt a blog,or any frame up source then it would grace frontpage directly from this thread. Say No to Rumours and False information!!!

s#!t

engrfcuksmtin: As a moderator of the education section please read over your post and make the necessary corrections.

Miner13:
why don't you point out areas that need correction and leave na me shabi all

renaissance: dt mind d guy.he claimed 2 b prof.But prof,by definition,must point out d erroneous areas & put dem 2 rectification.perhaps,he wantd 2 b famous bt notorious

lols... d corroboration of d moderators' longing for erudition & tutelage is evidenced in his syntax... smiley
d engr. has nothing to prove to you lot.

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2013
thinking about this strike makes me so angry, i am still in my 100 level, and we finished our 1st semester exams just as the strike started and to think there is no difference between me and a unilorin 2013/2014 student makes me furious, at least those that have only exams left to finish their session are very lucky, they can still adjust their calender and finish this year. This is so frustrating.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kcy(m): 5:16pm On Nov 22, 2013
i'm enjoying dis thread like weed;best thread so far on ASUU
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Mosino95(m): 5:16pm On Nov 22, 2013
[size=30pt]ASUU ‬FINALLY SUSPENDS STRIKE[/size]

After a crucial meeting held at Bayero University Kano (BUK) today, the National President of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, (ASUU) Dr. Nasir Fagge said the federal government and the union have finally reached a compromise and the strike has finally been called off sequel to the fact that their needs have been met by the federal government.

He urged students to go back to their various schools and start work, and also lamented that the lecturers should resume work too but they should not teach the students until Arsenal wins UEFA Champions League.

In his final statement, he said students should go and learn a trade or venture into farming. After all, farming is the main occupation of our fore-fathers; and leave ASUU and FG alone to continue their "SEASON FILM".

SOURCE: http://www.asuung.com/ASUU-finally-suspends-strike/buk/2013
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 22, 2013
Mosino95: [size=30pt]ASUU ‬FINALLY SUSPENDS STRIKE[/size]

SOURCE: http://www.asuung.com/ASUU-finally-suspends-strike/buk/2013
myscheeew...get a job abeg
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Dave008(m): 5:20pm On Nov 22, 2013
Enough said. For dose sayin it shud b postponed til nxt yr, aint u considerin d plight of dose goin 4 service in feb whose results av nt yet been apprvd. Pls letz b considerate

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by bharyur2103(m): 5:20pm On Nov 22, 2013
jayjam: Dr Faleye of the English dept,OAU has this to say "I don't know about the meeting and that is because i don't want to give out false info.All you need do is just get a radioset or stick to the dailies to get the authentic info" from this i could fathom that its nt all the lecturers that knows whats going on in ASUU national body or its just that they've been authorised to remain coy as regards letting out of such info
Boss,nah only yhu I bliv jare.I have heard a roommate,who is a student of english dept,make mention of one Dr faleye.From what I have seen,It seems the supposed on-going meeting is a mere tittle-tattle.I'm convinced this is the case due to the lack of information on this meeting on other sites besides what I have seen here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (109) (Reply)

Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List / What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.