Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,923 members, 7,922,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 11:10 PM

Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research (6210 Views)

FUTA 500 level Student Wins Tony Elemelu’s $10,000 Grant (Photo) / Buhari Receives Ufot Ekong, Nigerian Student That Solved 30yr Old Math Puzzle / UNIJOS Admission List Released! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by paulworld(m): 5:11am On Nov 23, 2013
Mou with a university in Ghana to train your staffs na wa o we don suffer finish
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by Dudecollins(m): 7:03am On Nov 23, 2013
This is a huge grant mhen!!! Y voting against calling off d strike then
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 23, 2013
locust01: Nka dikwa outrageous.
shut up!
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 23, 2013
Jussi:

My brother, I can imagine that students must have performed preliminary tests on the subject. But it would be unfair to allege that those academics are taking all the glory when the actual work hasn't even began. For your info, the proposed study will run for several years judging from the subject area and budget. I can bet that the actual experiments will be conducted by postgraduate/doctoral students, with most of the final sample processing/analytics performed in foreign laboratories. The depth of this particular scientific work is beyond what can be left to undergraduate students.

As a word of advice, you and your colleagues should try to publish your research findings as journal articles, to be able to lay claims to your work.
the average cost of publishing in open access $550, how many can afford it? If they are serious I could link them and they won't pay a dime.
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by turnstoner(m): 7:13am On Nov 23, 2013
atlwireles: After reading through some comments here, the abysmal morals in this country makes more sense to me. Good luck to Unijos. There are hundreds of billions available around the world from different groups seeking solutions to problems. I hope Unijos makes a habit of this. Stop waiting for government.

the abysmal morals make more sense to you? Really ? Did you read what you wrote ?

2 Likes

Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 23, 2013
Bardi.c:
Final year students of physiology and pharmaclogy under science lab tech were used to acomplish this research it was given to them as their project work, i no almost all the students dat worked on dat project especially anti venom dat stucked the students dried, still the school will nt send them for service and nw the same school is taken their glory. Dat is wickedness

No it is the students who are being wicked to themselves because you must always publish your work.

This concept is encouraged anywhere in the world except in Nigeria.

The truth is that, because some Nigeria FYS do not do their own work, some pay money for their FYP to be written for them, some copy researches from the Internet etc, they cannot publish their FYP.

However, publishing a scientific paper is as easy as a few click of the mouse so there is no excuse.

I'm not sure Nigeria graduates know what scientific publication mean. Education at its finest in Nigeria. SMH
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 23, 2013
Jussi:

My brother, I can imagine that students must have performed preliminary tests on the subject. But it would be unfair to allege that those academics are taking all the glory when the actual work hasn't even began. For your info, the proposed study will run for several years judging from the subject area and budget. I can bet that the actual experiments will be conducted by postgraduate/doctoral students, with most of the final sample processing/analytics performed in foreign laboratories. The depth of this particular scientific work is beyond what can be left to undergraduate students.

As a word of advice, you and your colleagues should try to publish your research findings as journal articles, to be able to lay claims to your work.

Should I hug or kiss you? #NoHomo Please tell them.

Undergraduate project my a$$. How do you proof it now? grin grin
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by ayusco85(m): 7:26am On Nov 23, 2013
#Proudly Jossite. I rep Faculty of Science, Department of Geology and mining. We the best in Nigeria. Haters u knw what to do. Any transformer will do

Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 23, 2013
blink182: the average cost of publishing in open access $550, how many can afford it? If they are serious I could link them and they won't pay a dime.

This is absolutely nonsense. Pay for what? Seriously? Is this what you do to discourage Nigerians from publishing their work?

What happened to free online publications? What happened to open source publishing like the public library of science?

When you submit your work, they verify and authenticate it then send you an email that your work is being published. #FreeOfCharge

People read your work and call you up directly for seminars and stuff.

SMH! I must admit that Nigeria education system is still 100 years back. Period
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by Arsenate(m): 7:37am On Nov 23, 2013
great josite. haters, kindly tell us why you think unijos doesn't deserve this grant and the great, wonderful and outstanding things your various institutions are doing that make you think they deserve it more. thanks in advance.

for now GREAT is the word
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by GetGuide: 7:39am On Nov 23, 2013
thats a good news. More of this and ASUU will call off sharp sharp to share from it
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 23, 2013
brownlord: If i guess right, the sharin formular[b][/b] wld be, vc, 3mil, registra, dvc, dean, and other top cult members, 3 mil, faulty dean and sub dean 1.5 m. Then some lecturers share 500k.

EOD end of discussion. Even jedi no go come out from this research

Wait world bank no knw say ASUU dey on strike?
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by solacec4t(f): 8:08am On Nov 23, 2013
Jman06: Proudly a Josite! I doff my hat to the greatest citadel of learning. Great Unijos!

Greatest Josite!

I am very happy to hear such of my school. I only pray the money will be used for its purpose.
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by firstolalekan(m): 8:12am On Nov 23, 2013
Pattey: UNIJOS does not deserve this money. This is a seriously dysfunctional institution with staff that should be choked!

This same University was queried about 2months ago by House of Reps members who on oversight function visit to the school learnt that over 100Million naira was returned to the FG because they failed to spend it.

A school that fails to spend its allocations for 'much needed' development also happened to be one of those schools that voted against calling off the strike (if its true they voted against tho).

Irony; fighting for increased funding when they are returning several millions in unspent allocation.
How ridiculous some Nigerians can be!

Its just a dysfunctional school and God should start choking peeps whose thinking negates progress. The less of them we have, the better for us!

World Bank must have been high on something when awarding this to a senseless institution.

100 likes
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by solacec4t(f): 8:19am On Nov 23, 2013
Well, haters keep hating.
I strongly believe Ujay competed with other schools. so why the beaf?
If they dont carryout the project then we can call them names....but for now i see no reason why they should be insulted.

Proudly a josite.
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by jizsleeek: 8:35am On Nov 23, 2013
Seriously?I used to think josites are club and party freaks...Most of thier guyz walk on the street saggin and forming p square,ice prince or jesse jags while their girls party like mad....just saying though cos am confussed
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by lazyboy94(m): 8:35am On Nov 23, 2013
Oboy dat nigga don hammmmer
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by lazyboy94(m): 8:37am On Nov 23, 2013
solace-c4t:
Well, haters keep hating.
I strongly believe Ujay competed with other schools. so why the beaf?
If they dont carryout the project then we can call them names....but for now i see no reason why they should be insulted.

Proudly a josite.
eeya y u wan cry na

1 Like

Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 23, 2013
solomon111: Shut up and stop trying to ridicule the name and hardworking staffs of a prestigious university.
How much is $8million that you think will make a federal university lose its credibity?

Shut up...ordinary 4million NAIRA dey ll loot. Then its 8mil dolls.

That money is supposed to go directly to the school, every penny!!!!! But trust me, hehehehehehehe....the lecturers don hammer

1 Like

Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by ijemomo(m): 9:07am On Nov 23, 2013
Is it coming in form of cash? It will certainly end in privates pockets if it was cash. May God save ús
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by infolpf: 9:44am On Nov 23, 2013
Greaaaatttt JOSITES!
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by obinon(m): 9:53am On Nov 23, 2013
Of the GREATEST josite!!!!! GREAT IS THE WORD. Good news.
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by Immortal1(m): 10:13am On Nov 23, 2013
Prof. Okwuasaba on point!
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 23, 2013
Immortal!:
Prof. Okwuasaba on point!
grin grin grin
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by skypopson(m): 11:01am On Nov 23, 2013
Bardi.c:
Final year students of physiology and pharmaclogy under science lab tech were used to acomplish this research it was given to them as their project work, i no almost all the students dat worked on dat project especially anti venom dat stucked the students dried, still the school will nt send them for service and nw the same school is taken their glory. Dat is wickedness
no disrespect but bros U CAN LIE OOH..am a pharmacy student in same university..Prof Aguiyi discovered the snake vernom like 5yrs ago & the other drugs were from the hardwork of proffesor Okwu Asaba & few other lecturers..& am very certain both lecturers are not assigned to lecture slt students so stop claiming what isnt urz & fight the school for ur mobilization not ridiculing the work of my beloved faculty...As men of honour we join hands
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by skypopson(m): 11:10am On Nov 23, 2013
rudedough:

Should I hug or kiss you? #NoHomo Please tell them.

Undergraduate project my a$$. How do you proof it now? grin grin
dont mind that lazy a$$ joor..the dude is a Slt student & you wont believe it when i tell u they only come to school thrice a week..very lazy things claiming Jacky on social media..smsh
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by Jman06(m): 11:24am On Nov 23, 2013
rudedough:

No it is the students who are being wicked to themselves because you must always publish your work.

This concept is encouraged anywhere in the world except in Nigeria.

The truth is that, because some Nigeria FYS do not do their own work, some pay money for their FYP to be written for them, some copy researches from the Internet etc, they cannot publish their FYP.

However, publishing a scientific paper is as easy as a few click of the mouse so there is no excuse.

I'm not sure Nigeria graduates know what scientific publication mean. Education at its finest in Nigeria. SMH
Please ignore that post. It's either the guy is totally ignorant or he's being economical with the truth. The VC of Unijos Prof. Hayward Mafuyai(professor of Zoology) was the first from Unijos to work on anti snake venom for his PhD.So if those students were given the same project to work on,then it's for the purpose of exposing them to the knowledge of snake venoms and their antidotes.
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 23, 2013
Tolexander: When i saw this thread, i remembered pharmacognosy!
Are u a Botanist?
Re: Unijos Receives $8m World Bank Grant For Research by Hearme(m): 2:44pm On Nov 23, 2013
the planmaker: embezzlement things

Universities are not what you think of when it comes to accountability. First the money will be released in batches to the school and the researchers access it when needed. The university usually has 5-10% of such grants as its own portion. While the researchers are also compensated.

Any thing outside the lay down procedures such as embezzlement will lead to the blacklisting of the university. Such that no international body conducts research with it again. I hope you can see the different. Congratulations to unijos. 6-9 universities are to benefit from this. UNILAG was also shortlisted. We await other schools to come up with their own announcement soon. Those who criticize ASUU on funding should multiply 8million dollars by 6-9 universities, convert it to naira and compare it to what universities are requesting government to do. That's 7-11 billion naira for 6 -9 universities.

With this, patents will come in. More companies will be attracted to Nigeria and most trado-medical practitioners will find a means of making their products refined and marketable all over the world. Please like this if you think ASUU means development for our schools and Nigeria at large.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures: IBBU Lecturer Trapped And Exposed By Female Student (graphic Content) / 2013 School Of Nursing UCH Ibadan Admission Form Is Out / Futminna Post Utme/ Direct Entry 2015/2016 Latest Information.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.