Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,918 members, 7,890,037 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 08:06 AM

Police DPO Impound A Citizen's Car For Complying With Traffic Regulations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police DPO Impound A Citizen's Car For Complying With Traffic Regulations (671 Views)

Driver Lies Under His Bus As VIO Officials Try To Impound His Car (photos) / What If Court Disqualifies GMB For Not Complying With WASC Cert Requirements / Understanding & Complying With Tax Laws In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police DPO Impound A Citizen's Car For Complying With Traffic Regulations by BABSIN(m): 2:38pm On Nov 23, 2013
A sick colleague of mine closed from night shift yesterday morning and was on his way home. He was stop at the Abule Egba Junction by the Traffic Control Light and also with the Co-ordination of the LASTMA personnel always staying at that Junction. However, a private Toyota SUV vehicle right behind kept on horning and he wondered why the vehicle was so much in a haste. So the LASTMA in front of him ask him to give way while the Stop light was still on because the man horning behind him was the DPO. And as soon as he gave way, the DPO ask that his vehicle be impounded and also be thrown into cell on the reason that he obstructed the way of the DPO.
AS I write, My Colleague car is still in new Oko Oba police station and He was only release yesterday because he was ill and was already throwing up at the station.
The Policemen in the Station has refuse to state the DPO name but we found out he is popularly called Canada and he is been feared by his men.

I urge all Nigerians to assist with stamping out this gross Impunity and Oppression by this DPO by Broadcasting this message until it reaches the IG.
Re: Police DPO Impound A Citizen's Car For Complying With Traffic Regulations by lomprico(m): 5:14pm On Nov 23, 2013
I've said it before n I'll say it again. 'In a situation of lawlessness, obeying the law becomes a crime'. I feel sorry for ur friend.

1 Like

Re: Police DPO Impound A Citizen's Car For Complying With Traffic Regulations by deeptesting(m): 10:27pm On Nov 23, 2013
Well,Nigeria is a complicated story....You just cannot say who is telling the truth and who is lying but all the same in the spirit of #team fight against injustice and oppression# i hereby spare two minutes of my time and 5MB bundle to call for the investigation of this case by the IG and if the DPO is found guilty,he should be dismissed from the Nigeria Police Force for using his office to terrorize,harass and intimidate an innocent and defenseless citizen.
Re: Police DPO Impound A Citizen's Car For Complying With Traffic Regulations by Lusola15: 11:03pm On Nov 23, 2013
Noted
Most security pple prefer to be on d move for one reason. A moving target is harder to attack, if u wait for a minute u are finished. That's why most govt convoy don't wait for anything not even traffic light.
Plz learn to give way for any convoy or any car DT looks like it in a rush. OR
Re: Police DPO Impound A Citizen's Car For Complying With Traffic Regulations by babson025: 7:16am On Nov 25, 2013
Lusola15: Noted
Most security pple prefer to be on d move for one reason. A moving target is harder to attack, if u wait for a minute u are finished. That's why most govt convoy don't wait for anything not even traffic light.
Plz learn to give way for any convoy or any car DT looks like it in a rush. OR

The DPO was not in a Convoy, he was in his private vehicle and I believe DPO rearly move in convoy.
Re: Police DPO Impound A Citizen's Car For Complying With Traffic Regulations by babson025: 7:24am On Nov 25, 2013
We were able to contact the lagos CP Umar Manku yesterday and He was indeed very very nice, humble and compassionate as he immediately called for the release of the Vehicle and summoned the said DPO. I just wish all Policemen will emulate or be like him
The vehicle has been released to my Colleague yesterday. A very big thank you to all Nigerians for your effort,love and assistance.
Re: Police DPO Impound A Citizen's Car For Complying With Traffic Regulations by Lusola15: 9:25am On Nov 25, 2013
Thank God

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Unconfirmed report Says Military Kill over 100 Militants In borno / OSHIOMOLE, Please Go And DIE. / Adetutu Adesida-ojei Is Regent Not Dike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.