Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,103 members, 7,973,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 02:27 AM

Our misplaced trust in Gods integrity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our misplaced trust in Gods integrity (753 Views)

10 Steps To Continue In Gods Favour / Walk In Gods Perfect Will / What Role Do Christ Play In Gods Arrangement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our misplaced trust in Gods integrity by Babalegba(m): 11:32am On Jul 21, 2008
Hi all,
Many people always talk about the holiness of God, Gods integrity and actually believe that Gods integrity is without reproach. After becoming a practising christian and walking with God for a number of years often through really testing conditions , i have come to realize through personal experience that God lacks integrity. Two categories of "christians" do not realize this, those that read the bible but spiritually have no knowledge of God and those that live in fairly normal conditions.

When the promises of God fail in their life, these two groups tend to blame themselves thinking the promises failed because of their sin, lack of faith or as a result of a test and eventually if the individuals are living in normal circumstances, life progressing along as it usually does ,their situation could change and they would be none the wiser of Gods lack of integrity.
The truth of the matter is that when a christian in unfavourable circumstances rely upon Gods word, even his explicit personal promises fail and you need to be living a fairly predictable life for this fact to escape you.
Re: Our misplaced trust in Gods integrity by Gamine(f): 11:33am On Jul 21, 2008
hen
Re: Our misplaced trust in Gods integrity by cold(m): 11:37am On Jul 21, 2008
Please poster before i make any comment,could you please elucidate further on your claim and substantiate with facts.
Re: Our misplaced trust in Gods integrity by PastorAIO: 11:47am On Jul 21, 2008
Babalegba:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all,
        Many people always talk about the holiness of God, Gods integrity and actually believe that Gods integrity is without reproach. After becoming a practising christian and walking with God for a number of years often through really testing conditions , i have come to realize through personal experience that God lacks integrity. Two categories of "christians" do not realize this, those that read the bible but spiritually have no knowledge of God and those that live in fairly normal conditions.

When the promises of God fail in their life, these two groups tend to blame themselves thinking the promises failed because of their sin, lack of faith or as a result of a test and eventually if the individuals are living in normal circumstances, life progressing along as it usually does ,their situation could change and they would be none the wiser of Gods lack of integrity.
The truth of the matter is that when a christian in unfavourable circumstances rely upon Gods word, even his explicit personal promises fail and you need to be living a fairly predictable life for this fact to escape you.

Could the real Esu please stand up.
Re: Our misplaced trust in Gods integrity by tpia: 12:53am On Jul 23, 2008
Babalegba:

Hi all,

I dont see how your post is actually related to the topic.

Even in a relationship between a man and a woman, they can still read themselves wrong and have unrealistic expectations of each other. This is two people who are sleeping together, seeing each other all the time, and consider themselves soulmates or whatever.

A human being can also have unrealistic expectations of God, since He never claimed to be a magician on call all the time and pulling tricks out of a magic box.

People can pray. If the prayer doesnt seem to be answered, I still dont see how that affects God's integrity, except in the mind of the seeker.

If my parents dont give me everything I ask for, I could be hurt, but it wouldnt necessarily mean they lacked integrity.
Re: Our misplaced trust in Gods integrity by Sisikill: 3:13am On Jul 23, 2008
cold:

Please poster before i make any comment,could you please elucidate further on your claim and substantiate with facts.

Thank you!

Pastor AIO:

Could the real Esu please stand up.

LMAO!

May I have your attention please?
May I have your attention please?
Will the real Esu please stand up?
I repeat will the real Esu please stand up?
Where gon/na have a problem here. . .
Y'all act like you never seen an atheist before
Jaws all on the floor like an unbeliever, like morning star just burst in the door
and started talking smack about what he don't know worse than before

Wait, is that okay. . . in this section? lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Your Thoughts Are More Important Than Your Words / Who Is God's Favourite People? / Who Accepts The Narrative Of Genesis As Literal Events?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.