Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,619 members, 7,965,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 01:19 PM

We’re Committed To Creation Of Ibadan State – Akinjide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Committed To Creation Of Ibadan State – Akinjide (424 Views)

Vote Jonathan, Folarin, And Get Ibadan State – Akinjide / Vote Jonathan, And Get Ibadan State – Akinjide / Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We’re Committed To Creation Of Ibadan State – Akinjide by DonColz1(m): 8:26am On Nov 24, 2013
Minister of State for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Chief (Mrs) Olajumoke Akinjide, has reiterated her commitment to ensuring the creation of Ibadan State anytime new states are to be created in the country.
Akinjide spoke in Ibadan on Saturday, shortly after she was decorated alongside Senator Olufemi Lanlehin; Mr Seyi Makinde and others, with a merit award of excellence by the Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba (Dr) Samuel Odulana, through the Central Council of Ibadan Indigenes (CCII).
She said Ibadan deserved to be given a full-fledged state as one of the regions that were created since the colonial era but were yet to become full states, assuring the people of the state of her commitment to pursuing the clamour on the national scene.
The minister also disclosed that the Federal Government would soon begin the dualisation of Akaran-Ijebu Igbo Road, an interstate road that traverses Oyo and Ogun states, when the reconstruction of the Lagos-Ibadan Highway is completed.
She commended the Federal Government for its impact that was being felt in Oyo State through a number of projects ongoing and forthcoming, particularly the privatisation of Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company, adding that a better future awaited the people of the state in President Goodluck Jonathan’s government.
“The people of Ibadan should be ready to invest in Ibadan because the Federal Government has provided the enabling environment and infrastructure as it is done in great cities of the world, it is left for the state government to be investors-friendly and to attract investors.
Asked what the award meant to her, she said “as you can see, I am very delighted to be recognised by my own people and in my own native city. So, I feel elated and encouraged because such recognition as this gives me more fuel to do more in service to humanity.”
Short URL: http://www.osundefender.org /?p=133195

Re: We’re Committed To Creation Of Ibadan State – Akinjide by engrfcuksmtin(m): 8:38am On Nov 24, 2013
When we have not been able to manage the 36 that we have

(1) (Reply)

My Grouse With Aggrieved Governors-akpabio / Babangida Aliyu: I Remain Loyal Member Of PDP / Happy Birthday Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.