Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,577 members, 7,905,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 08:22 AM

How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer (25904 Views)

I Need A Wireless Hotspot Management Software For A Cafe / Can I Make My Starcomms Izap Modem A Wireless Hotspot Without A Wireless Router / How To Browse Free With Pc Using Your Fone As A Wireless Router (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by eluquenson(m): 6:18pm On Dec 08, 2013
@Op it's a great idea, have downloaded on my pc now but couldn't connect right now undecided
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by damola1: 6:18pm On Dec 08, 2013
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by walesho(m): 6:19pm On Dec 08, 2013
JideTheBlogger: Well done but I don't use a software for such. I simply use the Windows inbuilt adhoc feature.

Just type "adhoc" into the Windows search bar in the Start Menu and follow the instruction.

You are right bro, but adhoc feature won't make wireless connection visible to android devices
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by walesho(m): 6:22pm On Dec 08, 2013
the chosen one:

Androids and virtually all other mobile phone operating systems can't see adhoc networks. Infact it's just Ipad I know that sees them

You are very correct
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by garamah: 6:23pm On Dec 08, 2013
oche_ejemb: Unless BIS changed recently on older phones as well, you can't use BBM without an active BIS subscription. Maybe they changed the rules since everything can connect to BBM now.
bbm just like every other social network BIS or no BIS it works whenever your phone is connected to the internet either through WiFi, WLAN etc. bis is not an internet source it's an internet package from the ISP.
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Goodysydney: 6:24pm On Dec 08, 2013
My HTC one CDMA phone is showing Alltel wireless network from USA here in Nigeria. What should i do to enable my phone to connect to Nigeria network?
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by walesho(m): 6:26pm On Dec 08, 2013
Obascoetubi: PLS MY WINDOW VISTA DONT HAV WIFI, HOW DO I CONNECT MY ANDROID PHONE WIT IT AS A WIRELESS MODE?

Get an attached wifi device for your pc
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by swaystunna(m): 6:30pm On Dec 08, 2013
Alenkakent: Can someone pls send the virtual router to me on BBM? My browser is not downloading the software... Anyone pls, my pin is 313B1607
Use Operamini
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by walesho(m): 6:31pm On Dec 08, 2013
Cusubaba: pls how can I used cdma phone in nigeria? someone sent HTC one phone to me from USA but the phone doesnt have sim card and battery. pls how i can used HTC one wireless CDMA phone in Nigeria?

You can try starcomms they will charged at least 5k but gsm networks like mtn,glo etc are little bit expensive
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 08, 2013
mr.official:
Connectify remains the best. If you're using Windows 8, you may need the latest software of Connectify.

Download Connectify (www.connectify.me). Or download a cracked version from filecrop.com.
Thank you, you saved me 10 days haeadache.I have been trying to do connection for my new laptop and android tabs and phones with my family. Infact the one suggested by the OP failed several times, and up til yesterday i was still watching youtube how to fix it, AND BOA, this was brought to FP and i saw ur comment, tried the cracked version, and it worked like a charm. I am so happy,Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Goodysydney: 6:40pm On Dec 08, 2013
walesho:

You can try starcomms they will charged at least 5k but gsm networks like mtn,glo etc are little bit expensive
Thanks!
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by walesho(m): 6:45pm On Dec 08, 2013
Goodysydney: Thanks!

You welcome bro

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by tunesoft(m): 7:07pm On Dec 08, 2013
Nice info peeps...at least I can now update dis fone's software...
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Oluwolex2000(m): 7:19pm On Dec 08, 2013
I downloaded the virtual installer of 1.3MB, wen i tried instaling it,it told me dat i nid d " .NET framework version3.5 " setup to run d virtualinstaller.plz cn u gv me d site do downloaded d framework?
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by adewasco2k(m): 7:21pm On Dec 08, 2013
Oluwolex2000: I downloaded the virtual installer of 1.3MB, wen i tried instaling it,it told me dat i nid d " .NET framework version3.5 " setup to run d virtualinstaller.plz cn u gv me d site do downloaded d framework?

yes you need .NET Framework for many apps to run on your PC.

download here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by kellyblair: 7:57pm On Dec 08, 2013
chelseabmw:

What language is this? As common as english you can even use comma or fullstop. What stops you from saying 'Plz help! Or plz help,Sexkillz banned me till...........'

Before I forget,LIKE if u think this dude is a Mediocre

You're paranoiac! Instead of contributing to the post, you're busy criticizing someone else for a trivial grammatical error, when you can't even make good ones yourself. What does it matter? Who cares?
Tell us wetin concern our topic for here, jor! Concentrate o!
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by ibietela2(m): 8:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
Nice
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 08, 2013
Please who can help me? can i share my internet connection using freedom via wifi to my phone?
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by adewasco2k(m): 8:31pm On Dec 08, 2013
Emzybrown: Please who can help me? can i share my internet connection using freedom via wifi to my phone?

yes you can, but follow this, dont open the Virtual Router untill you have connected your freedom than when you connect freedom now select the connection for freedom on the network option.
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 08, 2013
What could be the cause, my Techno is connected but not browsing with the Wifi from the system
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by bimbor(m): 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2013
After setting it up, Under "shared connection" what I could see is "None", I was unable to see the internet connection that is connected via the modem. What couldd be wrong here?
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by adewasco2k(m): 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2013
bimbor: After setting it up, Under "shared connection" what I could see is "None", I was unable to see the internet connection that is connected via the modem. What couldd be wrong here?

check your shared connection, hope you selected your modem's connection? dont leave it as NONE
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by chinakanelson(m): 8:43pm On Dec 08, 2013
Is this stuff free of charge or u go pay to d service provider
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by adewasco2k(m): 8:47pm On Dec 08, 2013
chinakanelson: Is this stuff free of charge or u go pay to d service provider

NO, this is not a service provider as in internet services, this will just help you share your internet on your computer to other devices like your phones, tabs or even share your internet with another computer
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 08, 2013
adewasco2k:

yes you can, but follow this, dont open the Virtual Router untill you have connected your freedom than when you connect freedom now select the connection for freedom on the network option.

I didnt see freedom....what i saw is mobile broadband....and its not working...
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by adewasco2k(m): 8:53pm On Dec 08, 2013
Emzybrown:

I didnt see freedom....what i saw is mobile broadband....and its not working...

Yes i was not expecting you to see freedom as an option though. if Mobile Broadband is all you see then you have to go setup your freedom to share internet so you will see another option there
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by jalay(m): 9:01pm On Dec 08, 2013
Dude
9ice work. Email me juniorarik_2004@yahoo.com lets talk. Bt hw do i create a netwrk name?
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
adewasco2k:

Yes i was not expecting you to see freedom as an option though. if Mobile Broadband is all you see then you have to go setup your freedom to share internet so you will see another option there

Thank you sir, were can i setup share network on freedom? smiley
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by jechona(m): 9:03pm On Dec 08, 2013
Nice one
undecided angry
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by bimbor(m): 9:04pm On Dec 08, 2013
adewasco2k:

check your shared connection, hope you selected your modem's connection? dont leave it as NONE

That is the problem, It's only "NONE" that is available under the "shared connection" tab, it could not be changed.
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by remzytimer: 9:06pm On Dec 08, 2013
remzytimar@yahoo.Com
snazzie: Adewasco2k@This will show you how to easily create wireless hotspot on your computer to share internet with other computers, iPhones, iPads, Android and even use it to PING on Blackberry without BIS etc by creating a wireless hotspot on your computer. Now people own many devices which are nothing without internet connections and subscribing to them all is not economical.....
lemme av ur e-mail pls
Re: How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer by aronbillz: 9:15pm On Dec 08, 2013
Its not downloadin,pls can someone send it to my fone,here's my pin 2989e1f8 thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guides For Buying New Laptops For Beginners / Dell Inspiron 600m Ethernet Controller/lan Driver / Is Your System Too Slow? Here's The Help You Need

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.