Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,844 members, 7,972,975 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 01:36 AM

Job Search Hazards: Protect Yourself! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Search Hazards: Protect Yourself! (9106 Views)

The Spiritual Side Of Job Search / Funny - You Guy Gotta See This - Graduate Makes Banner For Job Search / NLNG Job Search (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Search Hazards: Protect Yourself! by NadiaSA1(f): 6:18pm On Nov 25, 2013
Thanks op

1 Like

Re: Job Search Hazards: Protect Yourself! by Pearl27(f): 6:59pm On Nov 25, 2013
Tank God 4 nairaland,am hearing dis 4 d first tym in my lyf,pls ve u guys heard abt dis customer care training in lagos(telemarketing diploma) training cost #35,000 nd dey promise to giv a job placement afta d training,i want to knw if its a scam,any bit of info is needed tanks

1 Like

Re: Job Search Hazards: Protect Yourself! by onimcee1(m): 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2013
Enlightening topic. Tanx man.
Re: Job Search Hazards: Protect Yourself! by optimism91(m): 7:32pm On Nov 25, 2013
My friend and his sister fell victim of about N400,000 (200K each) that they were asked to pay for NNPC job since last two years. Till now, the man is yet to balance them their money. May God help us.
Re: Job Search Hazards: Protect Yourself! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 25, 2013
whirlwind7: He took the call, told the caller he was almost there. He was told to hurry up. The woman from the kiosk told him to be wary, if he planned to acquire a piece of land there. That the police had been to the vicinity some time ago to make inquiry about missing persons! In her honest opinion, she felt such happenings could arise due to the volatile nature of land ownership and speculations in Lagos. That "omo-oniles" dont tolerate anyone trying to tussle land ownership with them. That they could kill or maim an opponent with their juju.

But my guy knew better. Those men are kidnappers. They might be "omo-onile", but it would be a cover for their darker trade. He quickly left. He got a call on his way home from the same man, asking him where he is! He told the man that he wont be taking up the job offer anymore. He offered to refund the N300 he was given for his fare. At this point, the man got upset and rained curses on him. That my friend was playing them for a fool, when they were only trying to help him get a job.

He had real fear for his safety afterwards because he was threatened. Moreover the men still have his contacts (from his CV) So he bought recharge card worth N300 and sent the detail by sms to the man's number, with a note of apology cheesy This event happened in 2006, immediately after his NYSC
These men are riyualists.

Did ur friend report to the police?? He would have gone a long way to save other people's life. If he didnt report then God wouldnt be happy with him

1 Like

Re: Job Search Hazards: Protect Yourself! by Ogegod87: 5:07am On Nov 26, 2013
'Pearl25':
Tank God 4 nairaland,am hearing dis 4 d first tym in my lyf,pls ve u guys heard abt dis customer care training in lagos(telemarketing diploma) training cost #35,000 nd dey promise to giv a job placement afta d training,i want to knw if its a scam,any bit of info is needed tanks

Someone told me about it and we started making inquiries. The training į̸̸̨§ okay, but job placement? Forget it. Ŋa̶̲̥̅ wash my sister.
Re: Job Search Hazards: Protect Yourself! by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 26, 2013
'Pearl25':

''Anaghi acho ihe na akpa onye na acho ihe''.

You are looking for money while they are busy asking you for money. use your head...
Re: Job Search Hazards: Protect Yourself! by Pearl27(f): 10:57am On Nov 26, 2013
Ogegod87:

Someone told me about it and we started making inquiries. The training į̸̸̨§ okay, but job placement? Forget it. Ŋa̶̲̥̅ wash my sister.
tanks so much.
Re: Job Search Hazards: Protect Yourself! by Oxytocin712: 2:07pm On Nov 26, 2013
God have mercy o!. Imagine number of job seekers who might have fell into their hand. We shall not be use to ballance evil people account. IJN, LET SHINE OUR EYES O!.
Re: Job Search Hazards: Protect Yourself! by gRutiE(f): 6:13pm On Nov 26, 2013
WAO, wat a story wisdom is profitable to direct. Thanks a lot U̶̲̥̅ hv save a soul cos I'm new in this Job seekin stuff since I jst pass out from service. Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Job Search Hazards: Protect Yourself! by nenergy(m): 7:59pm On Nov 26, 2013
gRutiE: WAO, wat a story wisdom is profitable to direct. Thanks a lot U̶̲̥̅ hv save a soul cos I'm new in this Job seekin stuff since I jst pass out from service. Thanks alot
Congrats in advance! like our Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/TheJobseekersCreed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Television Authority Interview Question / 12 Job Interview Success Strategies For Job Seekers / Apply For Leadhire Limited Graduate Internship Programme 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.