Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,326 members, 7,932,227 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 09:39 PM

Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? (14401 Views)

Michael Jackson, Islam & The Illuminati / Is Islam Really For Poor People? / Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Asabeq(f): 10:04pm On Nov 29, 2013
cheesy cheesy only you 72 virgins lol
Mujah1deen: Please why is that there are no religious crisis/clashes in our neighbouring countries? Abeg Nigerian Christians should check themselves, you love to provoke, ridicule and mock. I can't comment without being called a terrorist, without people implying that I'm looking for 72virgins, without people calling me cow , illiterate, animal, poor because I'm from the North and I'm not alone , southerners+Christians check yourself . Peace goes both way.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by solamath(m): 10:08pm On Nov 29, 2013
Hmm.... I read both sides and I cannot but agree that the greatest problem we face in this world is religion.

People! People!!! My people! Imagine a world without religion! Just think!

1 Like

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Aboudaiby: 10:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
solamath: Hmm.... I read both sides and I cannot but agree that the greatest problem we face in this world is religion.

People! People!!! My people! Imagine a world without religion! Just think!
era oe No religion? Then learn abt Viks,Roman n babarian rule 'am sure u'll luv to b a slave or gladiator with ya neck parted rm ur head or b throw to oceans shark or wales as sacrifice to zeus', is there any peace then? When or which yrs?
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by NOLONGTIN1(m): 11:18pm On Nov 29, 2013
Hmm 'Muslims being discriminated' ? I don't think so.

I know they are not much liked (recently), but I feel it's their fault.

Terrorist used and quote the Koran before terrorising people but you guys act like nothing happen, but If an 'infidel ' burns or handle the Koran anyhow, you go they find him blood.

If the terrorists aren't real Muslims as you claim, why don't you guys go after them with the Same intensity used for people who catoonise Muhammed, burn the Koran etc?

Muslims give people reasons each day to hate them, I don't hate them but I can't stand the religion - it's a hate filled religion IMO.

Btw, as a Christian when I hear the things they say/preach against 'infidels', I'm not surprised they breed terrorist (I stay close to a mosque)

2 Likes

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by remsonik(f): 11:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
Why are muslims complaining abt being discriminated, we all knw what jehovah witnesses suffer and yet they are not violent. Islam is really a violent and intolerant religion,I lived and grew up in a muslim dominated area and I knw how evil these people are, even the so called good and educated ones among them do get intolerant when it comes to christianity. The fact remains that its very difficult to see a muslim practising true islam,most of them are idol worshippers that mix other things with their religion and are involved in making charms,sacrifices and all other evil things.

2 Likes

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by ugwa007: 12:17am On Nov 30, 2013
its preposterous to say muslims are discriminated.Imagine a world without islam?

2 Likes

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Osgee(m): 1:06am On Nov 30, 2013
Discrimination? How many nation has islam on their restriction list? Christians are imprisoned, maimed and killed for the simple reason of being christian alone but how many muslims face such treatment just for being muslim? And u talk abt discrimination? Even d U. S u talk abt, are christians allowed to even pray in schools anymore? NO! Muslims are only treated based on their actions and utterances
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Fulaman198(m): 1:08am On Nov 30, 2013
ahmedoba22: but Y are u people so daft like this if you have no good topics to discuss Y dont u just close 4 a day than all this religiom mater is it because you are a christian.

What? What you said makes no sense
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Fulaman198(m): 1:10am On Nov 30, 2013
fabulous4u:
please don't misinform people here
christian are follower's of Christ and all u quoted was old testament,jesus Christ can be read about in the new testament and there was no were in the new testament that he spilled blood but was always preaching peace, but your prophet Mohammed killed people didn't he?can u justify why a Muslim should not kill
and for your information those people in the old testament are the Jews of today ,they practice that doctrine and they don't believe in Christ so don't refer to the as christians

So are you saying that Christians only believe half their book? Is the old testament not a part of the bible? I think you are just upset that you were caught with your books open.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by yakuz: 1:13am On Nov 30, 2013
Stupid narrow minded black Africans ! Life is not layed just between anything tribes and religion ! Moderators pls curtail too much of all these fanatical topics that is pinching the very fragile peace and unity of our dear motherland . Please control
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Fulaman198(m): 1:14am On Nov 30, 2013
Abou-daiby:
2-billion ppl? Holy lies, 800mill extra ppl from moon n mars..muslim is been discriminated because islam is a spoiler? Islam is d reason old indian broke into 3, islam is d reason Pakistan n afghanistan,yemen is a failed state, islam is d reason civil war,bombing is unending in syria,iraq, islam is d reason thou of reverted egytian rm islam fled egyty to US, islam is d reason why cacuasian region of russia is poor due to fighting, islam is d reason sudanese are enslaved by pres bashir siphoning $9bn n black citizen cleansing, islam - stole jew land n destroyed jew monument in holy land even rejecting to share/live with jew nw, finally d reason while 9ja refugees dey Niger,Chad,Cameroon(poorer nation than 9ja) is jihad/islam 10x to boko haram..enough to warran discrimation,i rest my case

What are you talking about you illiterate?

"As of 2010, over 1.6 billion or about 23.4% of the world population are Muslims.[5] ". Stop spewing illiterate garbage.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Fulaman198(m): 1:17am On Nov 30, 2013
remsonik: Why are muslims complaining abt being discriminated, we all knw what jehovah witnesses suffer and yet they are not violent. Islam is really a violent and intolerant religion,I lived and grew up in a muslim dominated area and I knw how evil these people are, even the so called good and educated ones among them do get intolerant when it comes to christianity. The fact remains that its very difficult to see a muslim practising true islam,most of them are idol worshippers that mix other things with their religion and are involved in making charms,sacrifices and all other evil things.

Jehovah's witnesses are not an entire religion, they are a sect of Christians and they don't face anywhere the amount of publicity and discrimination Muslims face.

A Muslim woman who tries to apply for a job with her hijab on in western countries is less likely to get a job with the same qualifications as any other woman.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Undilutedfact: 1:17am On Nov 30, 2013
Islam is discriminated for the jihads,
Islam is discriminated for killing of women and children who are non-muslims,
islam is discriminated for calling non-muslims names such as Kafur and Arna, Islam is discriminated for burning of Churches in places where Islam is predominant,
islam is discriminated coz violent muslims commit violence because of the Quran and they do it for Allah,
Islam is discriminated for barbaric laws such as stoning to death, cutting of hands, etc,
Islam is discriminated coz muslims show excesses favouritism to fellow muslims to the detriment of others in all works of life(Northern nigeria)
Islam is Descriminated for being the most descriminative religion
Pray u never get accused of insulting the prophet in northern nigeria coz whether you're guilty or not, you are as good as dead.

1 Like

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by abbeysteph: 4:35am On Nov 30, 2013
Bros I love ur understandin,my dad was a muslim b4 he died while mum a staunch xtian despite dia differences they live a normal life 2geda n we d children r following dia footsteps though I don't practice islam but most of my sibblins ar practicing muslims n dea is no sallah or xmas dat we don't celebrate 2geda because dat has way we were brot up.I bliv dat it is not abt religion.u really touches my heart wit ur last sentence religion can nva b d criterial thesequote author=simpleseyi]

I am a Muslim happily married to a Christian, what about you? Many Christian/Christian marriages have failed just like many Muslim/Muslim marriages also. If you are one of those that think that on the judgement day, God is going to ask "Are you a Christian or a Muslim?" then, I am sorry, you will be disappointed.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by abbeysteph: 4:37am On Nov 30, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Bros I love ur understandin,my dad was a muslim b4 he died while mum a staunch xtian despite dia differences they live a normal life 2geda n we d children r following dia footsteps though I don't practice islam but most of my sibblins ar practicing muslims n dea is no sallah or xmas dat we don't celebrate 2geda because dat has way we were brot up.I bliv dat it is not abt religion.u really touches my heart wit ur last sentence religion can nva b d criterial thesequote author=simpleseyi]

I am a Muslim happily married to a Christian, what about you? Many Christian/Christian marriages have failed just like many Muslim/Muslim marriages also. If you are one of those that think that on the judgement day, God is going to ask "Are you a Christian or a Muslim?" then, I am sorry, you will be disappointed.[/quote]
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Jazzgreen(m): 5:14am On Nov 30, 2013
Genesis 16:11-12(NIV)

11. The angel of the LORD also
said to her:
“You are now pregnant
and you will give birth to a
son.
You shall name him ISHMAEL
for the LORD has heard of
your misery.
12. He will be a wild donkey of
a man;
his hand will be against
everyone
and everyone’s hand against
him,

"AND HE WILL LIVE IN HOSTILITY TOWARDS ALL HIS BROTHERS.”

in other news , the hate is to fulfil the Scripture, everyone must hate Islam and Islam must hate everyone, thus saith the Lord!
I used to blame Islam b4 for "dr" hostility until I read that part of the bible , also I used to wonder why Islam hates Christians and why Christians hates Muslims. then I remembered God saying in Mark 13:31 - heaven and earth shall pass away but my word shall never pass away

3 Likes

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by fabulous4u: 7:37am On Nov 30, 2013
Fulaman198:

So are you saying that Christians only believe half their book? Is the old testament not a part of the bible? I think you are just upset that you were caught with your books open.
that's why I said you're ignorant if not you'll know Jesus came to change many things that were once the norm
the Jews dont believe in him that's why they still retain the old testament norms
I hope I've enlightened you
now u have been avoiding my question,please answer my simple questions
1.did Mohammed kill?
2.if yes can u justify why his followers shouldn't?
3.are the accusations I earlier made true?
4.if yes were they committed by just 1% Muslims?
5.Christians follow Jesus,is there anywhere he motivated people to kill?
please I need you to answer this questions one after the other and please don't beat about the bush just hit the nail on the head.

1 Like

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by papushki(m): 8:23am On Nov 30, 2013
Fulaman198:

This is the kind of thing I am talking about people saying that Islam is violent (using a select group of people to judge almost 2 billion people). Should people say the same about Mexican drug cartels (aren't most Mexican people Catholic/Christian?) What about all the shootings that happen in the inner cities of America (America has a large Christian population), heck a lot of places in the Americas are like this. It's not the religion.

When a group or sect quotes part of their holy book to perpetrate evil and destruction unfortunately d religion would be termed violent. The above examples u mentioned don't quote or say they are fighting a holy war where infidels are to be destroyed. There is violence all over d world but a situation where certain groups terrorise d populace cos they claim there are trying to impose their religious believe tru violence and fear, Now d question is what do u expect pple to say abt dat religion.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by papushki(m): 8:38am On Nov 30, 2013
Fulaman198:

Fulaman pls let's get one tin the difference btw islam and Christianity and Jew and christianity is the New testament which is d coming of Jesus Christ.
if you want to have any discussion abt christianity and u quote from d old testament u ve defeated ursef before even beginning.
Not a single quote from the new testament did our Lord Jesus christ every condoned violence even when he was abt to be captured for prosecution. All tru love was preached not violence
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Fulaman198(m): 9:20am On Nov 30, 2013
papushki:

Fulaman pls let's get one tin the difference btw islam and Christianity and Jew and christianity is the New testament which is d coming of Jesus Christ.
if you want to have any discussion abt christianity and u quote from d old testament u ve defeated ursef before even beginning.
Not a single quote from the new testament did our Lord Jesus christ every condoned violence even when he was abt to be captured for prosecution. All tru love was preached not violence

No wahala, that is not what this thread is about anyways. It is just about the hate that fills peoples hearts, I feel that Muslims are discriminated against quite a bit present day. For people with Muslim names you are treated differently whenever you travel compared to your non-Muslim peers. It is ridiculous and prejudice.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by map96(m): 12:15pm On Nov 30, 2013
A muslim commit a crime terrorist... A xtian do dsame criminal...abeg nah stop

1 Like

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Daffydoc: 1:36pm On Nov 30, 2013
I do not think Islam is the most discriminated against. The evidence is overwhelming. In the western world, Muslims are freely allowed to practice their religion(Scandinavia, Uk, US etc). Mosques are springing up everywhere. On the other hand, in the middle east, non-Muslims have virtually become endangered species and with the new Islamist govts springing up everywhere, it's only going to get worse. Proselytizing in Saudi Arabia, I believe carries the death penalty. In Iran, non-Muslims are incarcerated daily on fraudulent charges, those of the Baha'i faith even have it worse, they Hv no rights whatsoever. There are even plans to build a ground-zero mosque close to the site of the 9/11 attacks in New York. You might have individuals who spew hate against Muslims but the government and laws of those countries absolutely respect the rights of Muslims and they're allowed to practice their religion freely,same cant be said of non-Muslims in Muslim majority countries.There are even Islamic clerics spewing hate in mosques all over Europe and America, they're only arrested or deported(if non-citizens) only when they've been found to be involved in terrorism or radicalization. In Pakistan, the Ahmadiyyas are barely tolerated, talk less of those of other religions. There are a couple of countries where Muslims are "officially" discriminated against e.g the Uighurs in China and maybe the Chechens in the Russian Caucasus. So pls lets be fair, Muslims are not the most discriminated against.

1 Like

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
@OP. I have just only read all comments on this thread and while i respect your right to air your concerns, I disagree with your approach to discrimination against Islam and how you have chosen to couch it.
I have only 1 question for you.. why are 2 billion Muslims the world over not doing enough to change the image of a Violent Islam when only an infinitesimal small number of air-heads are responsible for the global damage to the image of ISLAM. I think you are not honest with your argument. perhaps not intentionally, but there is no smoke without a fire.

My Peace. cheers
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by MightySparrow: 2:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
You rather say: is Islam the only discriminating religion in the world?

1 Like

Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Lordskenn(m): 4:13pm On Nov 30, 2013
Logicbwoy: Yes, there is discrimination agaisnt islam or muslims. No doubt about that. It sgould be condenmed and tackled. There are men who physically attack hijabi women. There are people who will not even speak to a muslim in the uk. I have first hand experience of this.

Now, here is the flip side of the coin. Islam too can be discriminatory. Look at the popular islamic countries and see how they treat the christian and pagan minorities. They have policies that affect the freedom of non muslims.

Atheism is not a religion but it faces a lot of religious discrimination. Ask any atheist in an islamic society. The discrimination is so open and accepted.

Some might even go as far as saying that islam is the most intolerant religion. I do not hold this view but I can understand why some make this grandiose claim that will be hard to prove. They see terrorism as a part of islam which is wrong.

Discrimination is bad, no matter who it happens to; muslim or not muslim.

The whole point of my comment is to see discrimination from both sides.
what are you people saying here? Unless you want to be biased. From many angles you know that islamic is nothing but violence. You made reference to UK for discriminating agianst muslims. Why they shouldn't? With those violent and perilious deed of muslims.. It is from mosque that you will hear alfa or imam preaching against and abuse the christians, call them some insult names. Nobody preached to my dad before he converted into christianity. I could remember the day we askd him the reason, you can't imagine many secrets about religion call islamic. For real meanin of islamic visit this website: True History of Islam, Mohammed and the Koran
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Fulaman198(m): 6:08pm On Nov 30, 2013
Cyberbaze: THE COMBINATION OF IRAN, GAZA, SYRIA, LEBANON, AND IRAQ CANNOT DEFEAT ISRAEL. THEN HOW DO YOU THINK ISLAM CAN DEFEAT CHRISTIAN? CHRISTIAN COUNTRIES IN AMERICAN AND UK ONLY CAN ELIMINATE ISLAMIC COUNTRIES TO TALK OF ALMIGHTY ISREAL REGARDLESS OF THE POPULATION.

This isn't about going to war, cut out the nonsense.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Akposy(m): 6:48pm On Nov 30, 2013
Nyc comments!! Being reading frm page 0-7

Islam is not peace sha!!!

Take it or leave it

Those dia alfas and imam always carry juju abt either on their waist or tied to dia chest
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Akposy(m): 6:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
Fulaman198:

This isn't about going to war, cut out the nonsense.

Even if it is about war no Nation(s) can defeat isreal....pure fact
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by Aboudaiby: 7:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
Fulaman198:

What are you talking about you illiterate?

"As of 2010, over 1.6 billion or about 23.4% of the world population are Muslims.[5] ". Stop spewing illiterate garbage.
illitrate? Huh, until i see ur source even al jazeera while reporting abt 'vatican bank' says 'catholicsm is d largest single religion body with 1.3bill adherent'(they considered pro. n cath. as diff faith in arab world to maligned their rights to power), most liberal put muslim adherent @ 1.2bill it only islamic site,cleric that come up with vague figures
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by COYG: 9:14pm On Nov 30, 2013
sori to say this bt some guys think with their anus. Yes i agree lil' percent of muslims are violent. Therefore, we are wrong to say dat islam is a violent religion. Bt trace d origin of islam, 98 percent of initial followers were won by violence. They didnt start today. They are not going to stop. Violence is in theis dna. They render people homeless, parents childless. Wives widows. Husbands widowers. Children orphans. A complete man with one leg, one hand, half head, etc.
Re: Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? by cannonnier(m): 10:36pm On Nov 30, 2013
deols: salutation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Can't We See Allaah In This Life? / Some Beliefs About Death In Islam / Virtues Of Drinking Zamzam Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.