Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,508 members, 7,929,646 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 06:41 PM

Response To Have You Ever Seen A Well-built African House On CNN Or BBC? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Response To Have You Ever Seen A Well-built African House On CNN Or BBC? (593 Views)

Pls Urgent Response Needed, How Much Will It Cost To Build House Like This(pics / BBC Replies - "Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On BBC?" / Have You Ever Seen A Well-Built African House On CNN Or BBC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Response To Have You Ever Seen A Well-built African House On CNN Or BBC? by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:25am On Nov 25, 2013
To answer your question! Yes I have seen,the CNN shows Zenith tower on Ajose Adeogun regularly on CNN. Anybody that watches inside Africa can confirm my assertion.

The main reason for creating this response is when I noticed that the covert aim of your thread is to present CNN\BBC and invariable the whole west as biased towards Africa and Nigeria in particular. This your position is misleading and false or unless your handle is being operated by Dr. Doyin Okupe then I might understand the rationale behind such an illogical position.

Why should CNN/BBC show well-built African house when millions of African kids die of malaria every year? Why should they show well-built African houses when Boko Haram is busy bombing our Northern brothers to smitherings? Remember the Kenyan mall? Simple they have better things that affect majority of Africa's population to show!

Majority of Nigeria's population dwell in rural areas, my sister works with PATHS 2 a UK ngo in Enugu state Nigeria. You need to see pictures of people living in Enugu state that dwell in abject poverty,without access to primary healthcare facilities. She goes to villages in Nsukka that houses the University of Nigeria,stays days in hostile environment to provide for Nigerians that were abandoned due to gross government irresponsibility,only for you to sit behind your keyboard to whine about CNN/BBC depicting real facts about Nigeria! Shame on you

This reminds me of the hypocritical outbursts of Nigerians when Rick Ross shot a video version of his popular song 'Hold me back' in Maroko! Those videos were real and people in those videos are Nigerians! What was Fashola's response? He destroyed the embarrassment called Maroko settlement instead of improving their lives!

Rossike, it seems you think Nigeria is Abuja,Calabar,Lagos,Kano,Kaduna, PH and Enugu! Even in the aformentioned cities there is no access to portable clean water in almost every part of the cities, no steady supply of electricity,security is all but non existent, the road networks are horrible (Sango/Oshodi expressway as a case study) and a lot of kids are hawking in the streets! Also I hope you know that the summation of the geographical areas covered by the aforementioned cities are approximately less than 5% of the whole country

CNn/BBC and Rick Ross are the honest ones here, not you,psquare,wizkid,NTA and Dora Akunyili(madam rebranding) that are trying so hard to convince the world that Nigeria is not a hell hole!

The early we stop rationalising our national problem,the better our prospects of finding a lasting solution to our problems!

1 Like

Re: Response To Have You Ever Seen A Well-built African House On CNN Or BBC? by Alikaxon(m): 9:51am On Nov 25, 2013
What are you driving at in with this? What do u intend to achieve.
Re: Response To Have You Ever Seen A Well-built African House On CNN Or BBC? by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:02am On Nov 25, 2013
Alikaxon: What are you driving at in with this? What do u intend to achieve.

Western perception is the least of Nigeria's problem.

A gold fish has no hiding place!!

1 Like

Re: Response To Have You Ever Seen A Well-built African House On CNN Or BBC? by NSTC: 1:14pm On Nov 25, 2013
Well written piece General. An average Nigerian seem to think it is us against the world ,when in reality it is Nigerians against Nigerians.
It isn't the job of foreign media houses to promote our country ,it is our responsibility . We Nigerians mostly see the rot in our system ,why should a foreigner see things differently ? we are quick to say things like we have beautiful houses,cars ,rich people but the question should be what proportion of the population have access to these things ? How many people can afford 3 decent meals a day ? how many Nigerians are in work ? how many of us have roofs over our heads,let alone decent ones? We simply refuse to see beyond our nose and when we don't have something constructive to say or argue about we blow out blaming others.

1 Like

Re: Response To Have You Ever Seen A Well-built African House On CNN Or BBC? by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:48am On Nov 27, 2013
Thank you NSTC

(1) (Reply)

Get a Lovely website design for your business / New Year Sale-95% Completed 5 Bedroom Detached Duplex At Ikota Villa Estat Lekki / 16,18,17,20 And 50 Rooms Hotels In Vi And Lekki Phase 1 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.