Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,312 members, 7,891,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:47 PM

Should The ASUU Be Paid For Their Four Months Of Inactivity? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should The ASUU Be Paid For Their Four Months Of Inactivity? (585 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ....hon. Patrick Obahiagbon Blows'grammar' Again On The ASUU Strike... / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should The ASUU Be Paid For Their Four Months Of Inactivity? by dexter105: 6:25pm On Nov 25, 2013
This is a pertinent question that calls for constructive answers. The Academic Staff Union of Universities has been on strike for upwards of 5months. If recent reports are to be believed, the Union is ready to call off the strike if three of its demands are met. Among which is said to be the demand that their four months salary arrears(for work not done) be paid. Which brings me to my question. Should the striking lecturers be paid for their 5months of inactivity. Are there provisions in our laws that accommodate this? If there are, what about the moral implications? Can ASUU genuinely claim to be fighting for the advancement of our tertiary institutions if they still demand to be paid for work not done? Where then is the sacrifice that the Union calls for so often when telling Nigerians to persevere? And who would compensate the millions of students forced to stay at home for so long through no fault of theirs? Enough questions already. Your contributions please.
Re: Should The ASUU Be Paid For Their Four Months Of Inactivity? by buoye1(m): 6:33pm On Nov 25, 2013
NO
Re: Should The ASUU Be Paid For Their Four Months Of Inactivity? by Cuteclem: 7:06pm On Nov 25, 2013
My guy are you not tired of home abi nah your money oga jona wan take pay them?
Pay this bounch of old fools and let me go back to class mr president
Re: Should The ASUU Be Paid For Their Four Months Of Inactivity? by otokx(m): 7:15am On Nov 26, 2013
Cuteclem: My guy are you not tired of home abi nah your money oga jona wan take pay them?
Pay this bounch of old fools and let me go back to class mr president

True talk
Re: Should The ASUU Be Paid For Their Four Months Of Inactivity? by Doctorjay(m): 7:55am On Nov 26, 2013
They shouldn't be paid. They didn't work.
Re: Should The ASUU Be Paid For Their Four Months Of Inactivity? by Holadokun(m): 8:12am On Nov 26, 2013
:PNo Work To Pay....... I Rep AAUA
Re: Should The ASUU Be Paid For Their Four Months Of Inactivity? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
Well, having to judge this case without being One sided, i would have say they don't really Deserve to be paid' but also looking it from the judiciary Aspect since the federal government haven't enforced "No Work No Pay" during the course of the strike and also even from the infancy of the entire Action. I think they Deserve to be paid!
Re: Should The ASUU Be Paid For Their Four Months Of Inactivity? by Haryoryhemie(f): 2:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
They don't deserve pay jst like they won't give a student an 'A' for not attending class 4 a period of four months. But taking a critical look @ d prolonged strike, they shld be paid for d sake of d students
Re: Should The ASUU Be Paid For Their Four Months Of Inactivity? by bennygreat1(m): 3:52pm On Nov 26, 2013
Really they don't deserved to be paid anything.. Because they didn't work for it,buh for the sake of the student@home. They should be paid for 3months and not 4. Cos they don't deserved 4months.THEY DID NOTHING.

(1) (Reply)

ASUP Strike-sheer Neglect To Polytechnic / UNN, ESUT Announce Resumption Date Dec. 2 / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.