Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,187 members, 7,910,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 10:39 PM

Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP (19076 Views)

'Pls do not Leave" - PDP BOT Chairman Begs Members / Seize Any Money I Own In Foreign Accounts, Akpabio Challenges FG / It Was Sacrilegious For APC Governors To Boycott Ooni’s Burial – Afenifere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by atlwireles: 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2013
Gov. Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom on Monday in Abuja said the Group of Seven (G7) governors were at liberty to leave the PDP if they felt aggrieved.

He spoke to State House correspondents at the launch of the third phase of the Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (YouWiN) programme by President Goodluck Jonathan at the Presidential Villa.

Akpabio, who is the Chairman of the PDP Governors Forum, was reacting to reports that the governors were fine-tuning arrangements to dump PDP for opposition party.

The governor said that leaving one political party for other was a normal thing for politicians.

He, however, warned that leaders who leave one party to the other should be aware that their followers might not follow them.

“I do not see a problem in the issues of certain politicians wanting to change party. It is a normal thing in politics that people move from one political party to the other.

“But what is important is that we move on and the country moves on.

“PDP is very big and robust enough with its branches in 774 local government areas in Nigeria. If you have five persons moving away from PDP, you have 10 to 50 moving into PDP.

“Right now, there are so many APC members who are approaching me on a daily basis that they want to move into PDP.

“But I keep telling them that it is not yet time, let us resolve this issue of G7 governors and then you see the big fishes that will come out of the APC.

“They are ready to come out and when they come out, it is going to be a boom. The entire country will shout’’, he said.

The governor pointed out that he was not opposed to the ongoing dialogue with the President to end the crisis.

He, however, warned that the aggrieved members should not capitalise on the President’s humility and patience to continue to waste his time and distract him.

“There must be an end to the dialogue so that the President can concentrate on the work he was voted into office to do’’, he said.

The Governors who had been at loggerheads with the leadership of the party include Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers), Abdulfatah Ahmed (Kwara), and Babangida Aliyu (Niger).

Others are Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso (Kano), Aliyu Wamakko (Sokoto), Sule Lamido (Jigawa) and Murtala Nyako (Adamawa). (NAN)

http://dailypost.com.ng/

4 Likes

Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by jeron1(m): 8:53pm On Nov 25, 2013
fool...akpabio can never be wise. he has sold his birthright
the bible says that evn a fool that keeps quiet is termed wise... Jonathan has been quiet but this man is just making noise looking for favour after his 8years in office.
jonathan wey carry big penis say he no pain am, Akpabio dey cry for am say jonathan no fit sleep for night.

11 Likes

Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by israel007: 9:51pm On Nov 25, 2013
Leave to where? Where can they go to

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by agbameta: 10:09pm On Nov 25, 2013
Listen to this Aso Rock bingo. Na ya papa get PDP? What a clown..

6 Likes

Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by donphilopus: 10:21pm On Nov 25, 2013
Has he settled his case in Aso Rock?? If NO, he should just STFU

6 Likes

Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by OMG2013(m): 10:26pm On Nov 25, 2013
Space booked...

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by Symphony007: 10:34pm On Nov 25, 2013
No doubt about it, goodswill akpabio is the most stupid man in nigeria. I don't know why he loves jonathan so much, is he gay? He underestimates the name lapdog.

9 Likes

Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by atlwireles: 10:45pm On Nov 25, 2013
Goodswill Akpabio is a winner any day.

88 Likes

Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by geeworld1(m): 11:23pm On Nov 25, 2013
#FP tinz
Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 25, 2013
I can't but agree with Akpabio. There must be an end to this drama.

43 Likes

Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by teejan: 11:26pm On Nov 25, 2013
Akpabio..is just a misfit!, a Governor that supervises the beating of Honourable members of the house.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by Okijajuju1(m): 11:29pm On Nov 25, 2013
Akpabio...

In Politics, it's advisable to always thread with caution.. The tide of politics can change on you so fast o!

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by priscaoge(f): 11:30pm On Nov 25, 2013
What a news!!! Good radiance to bad rubbish. Btw Is PDP now a private party? #JustAsking that Clown. Smh

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by nijanigga: 11:30pm On Nov 25, 2013
Akpabio where is that $250,000 that went missing at your govt lodge in Abuja? This kind of thing will never happen in a civilized society.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by Italiano1: 11:30pm On Nov 25, 2013
Akpabio is showing the symptoms of excess consumption of dog meat and ogogoro.

5 Likes

Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 25, 2013
What has Akpabio said that is not in order? I understand this is politics where anything goes. Let the 7 outlaws leave PDP on time abeg... no time for bad market shioooorrrr

22 Likes

Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by mike404(m): 11:34pm On Nov 25, 2013
Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by babsomotde(m): 11:35pm On Nov 25, 2013
The giant party is shooting its foot. I can only see 50 % chance of their winnings from 85% in the coming Election.
Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by lovat(m): 11:36pm On Nov 25, 2013
G7 are bunch of clowns who are parading around for their selfish interest. I forsee them all loosing out in both PDP and APC cos they will become pariah to the nation

32 Likes

Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by 80million1: 11:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
Agbaya!
Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by Spicypee1(f): 11:38pm On Nov 25, 2013
If you are a student of delta state university abraka campus no doubt u won't know one of California Bar ABRAKA UPDATE!!-

D owner got married last month. he went to withdraw money fromd bank 3m naira... na dia nai madness attack am.....he dey confess since o..he said he used his mother 4 ritual and he buried 3 young children at the entrance of the bar,the middle and d back...he also said dat all the strippers, dancers and those coming to the bar that they danced away their destiny famous bar "California"
Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by Longfellow: 11:39pm On Nov 25, 2013
All this Army Robber's that call dier self politician don start again wit dier noise.
Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by churchmind: 11:39pm On Nov 25, 2013
Talk to them anyhw cos atleast while stealing d pple kudi u dey dev ur state but theirs na looting witout dev

5 Likes

Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by pmc01(m): 11:40pm On Nov 25, 2013
Opportunist!
Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by Spicypee1(f): 11:41pm On Nov 25, 2013
If you are a student of delta state university abraka campus no doubt u gonna knowf California Bar ABRAKA UPDATE!!-

D owner got married last month. he went to withdraw money from the bank 3m naira... na dia nai madness attack am.....he dey confess since o..he said he used his mother 4 ritual and he buried 3 young children at the entrance of the bar,the middle and d back...he also said dat all the strippers, dancers and those coming to the bar that they danced away their destiny
Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by tomakint: 11:43pm On Nov 25, 2013
Akpabio is so on point, I think Jonathan as the automatic leader of PDP should act fast before these marauders pour sand for in garri! In Akpabio's voice, 'they should quit PDP now' cool

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by ucyoma(m): 11:44pm On Nov 25, 2013
Symphony007: No doubt about it, goodswill akpabio is the most stupid man in nigeria. I don't know why he loves jonathan so much, is he gay? He underestimates the name lapdog.

it seems u r a gay coz it taks a gay 2 identify one

Since Amaechi nd his band of silly loosers r agrieved d shd leave na

26 Likes

Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by MVLOX(m): 11:44pm On Nov 25, 2013
na deir prb be Dat
Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by Everfrank(m): 11:47pm On Nov 25, 2013
ucyoma:

it seems u r a gay coz it taks a gay 2 identify one

Since Amaechi nd his band of silly loosers r agrieved d shd leave na

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by klax(m): 11:47pm On Nov 25, 2013
Guys I dont think Akpabio was wrong because in a real sense the aggrieved Gov. should leave since they are not happy anylonger with PDP this is just the simple way. They are free to join any other party or form their own party. Please this is my own view no offense.

19 Likes

Re: Akpabio Challenges Aggrieved Governors To Leave PDP by ITbomb(m): 11:49pm On Nov 25, 2013
I wonder if this man can survive like Amaechi without presidential support .
For me he is a clown in politics

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

London APC Blasts David Cameron / Our Decision On Lawan Final, Pdp’s Votes Unnecessary – APC / President Buhari Departs Abuja For Turkey (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.