Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,227 members, 7,950,264 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 11:13 AM

Angola Reportedly Bans Islam; What's Your Take On This 'disturbing' Development? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Angola Reportedly Bans Islam; What's Your Take On This 'disturbing' Development? (513 Views)

Some Disturbing Facts You Probably Don't Know About DEATH. / Very Disturbing Graphic Photos: The River State Fuel Tanker Accident / Cia: Average Life Expectancy In Nigeria Is 47.56, Monaco 89.73, Angola 38.76 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Angola Reportedly Bans Islam; What's Your Take On This 'disturbing' Development? by efa231(m): 6:10am On Nov 26, 2013
There are reports that the Angolan government has reportedly banned Islam in the central African country. If this is true, then Angola has become the first country in the world to ban the practice of Islam in its territory.
The Guardian reports that on November 22, the Angolan Minister of Culture Rosa Cruz e Silva said that 'the process of legalization of Islam has not been approved by the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights and so their mosques would be closed until further notice.'
On November 24, Angola President José Eduardo dos Santos said that the country is working towards putting an end to Islamic influence in Angola once and for all while the Governor of Luanda, Bento Bento, said that 'radical Muslims' are not welcome in the country and that the Angolan government will not be legalizing mosques or other places of worship for Muslims.
I do know there are some Islamic countries where the practice of other religious beliefs are not tolerated, but if you ask me, I don't think this action by the Angolan government is a 'right step in the right direction'. Next thing, Al Shabaab and other Islamic terrorist groups will infiltrate Angola and raise hell. If this is the Angolan government's way of fighting/curbing terrorism, I don't think they got it right.
I hope I did not offend anyone: I tried to make this post as 'peaceful' as possible. I don't want to be the cause of a cyber jihad. Good morning Nairalanders.
Re: Angola Reportedly Bans Islam; What's Your Take On This 'disturbing' Development? by chucky234(m): 6:50am On Nov 26, 2013
Welcome development I tell ya.........phew
Re: Angola Reportedly Bans Islam; What's Your Take On This 'disturbing' Development? by Emmyk(m): 8:20am On Nov 26, 2013
chucky234: Welcome development I tell ya.........phew
lol

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Share Topics On Nairaland? / Top Ten Security Tips For The Christmas Holidays / US Website Blasts Mariah Carey For Performing In Nigeria,calls Nigerians Scammer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.