Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,646 members, 7,878,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:49 AM

Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho (26971 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel / Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by adconline(m): 4:04pm On Nov 26, 2013
This is another Philip Osondu waiting to go burst because of his dad's decision

1 Like

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Oysdam(m): 4:04pm On Nov 26, 2013
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by stagger: 4:05pm On Nov 26, 2013
Portugal or other lesser European countries would have been the best for him.

When players like Scott Sinclair and even Edin Dzeko are being forced to sit on the bench, is it one U17 striker from Naija without much international exposure that will make it?

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by dwittyc0der(f): 4:06pm On Nov 26, 2013

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by vislabraye(m): 4:10pm On Nov 26, 2013
Well, its not all over with him. He just needs to work hard and hope for the best !!
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by 1shortblackboy: 4:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
This man will just end up killing his son's career and d boy will always hate him for that. Wat does d old man even know about football sef !

1 Like

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by akwunmi(m): 4:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
d world shold watch out 4 our new nigerian messi!!! Hes a wonda kid

3 Likes

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Ojosaac(m): 4:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
This guy is lost, damn it.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by onimcee1(m): 4:13pm On Nov 26, 2013
This is just a step backward in this guy's career. He needs a small club to fully establish himself as the complete footballer he seems to be. Though i wish him to be a Manchester United player cos i am a united fan, it will only be a wrong choice for him at the moment. He needs a small club where he will walk into the starting 11 not a big club where he is going to rot on the bench. Goodluck to Kelechi on where ever he chooses to play.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 26, 2013
One should hope not to have a stup.id, greedy, myopic father. Very dumb man!
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 26, 2013
Danhumprey: Wish him well in whatever club he chose to play in. But I don't trust Manchester City nor Chelsea.

Its not about what Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ trust brov,
Its about what HE trusts.., and he chooses Man-city.

If its not okay with you,
then take a hike. undecided
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Vinsaint(m): 4:14pm On Nov 26, 2013
Maybe one cup of snorf nd akpuru achia (kai kai) go help de mata. Mek de man shine eye chose Arsenal wia young boys r made gr8 playas. Man u oo or City dey buy ready made. Iheanacho is not made yet. Those clubs no get much tym for young playas lyk him. Am still celebratin his goals with my 2 hands up nd down. If u c my reason- Follow me nkwa oya Iheanacho style. grin grin grin
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by ERockson: 4:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
Dis man loves money no be small...
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by ichommy(m): 4:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
Congratulations Kelechi, that is reward of hard work.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by operator222(m): 4:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
Ok
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by easyz(m): 4:17pm On Nov 26, 2013
Some pple just comment without taking into consideration of other factors.

Arsenal is the best club for him. No doubt abt that

But Mancity is that has black players that will help him settle
Into the club.

Just as in the case of Michael Obi where Chelasea was chosen over ManU
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by safarigirl(f): 4:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
A great player will shine wherever he goes....he'll just find it more difficult, being an African is already a disadvantage cuz no matter how good he plays, his less talented European and South American colleagues will be at the top of the totem pole. I still think he should've spoken to Kanu before making a choice since he implied they were close. Wish him luck sha.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by profvic3: 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2013
all i can c here is a desperate father wantin to make as much as he can on a lad who in the right club wud b one of nigeria finest superstars..wot on earth wil man city offer iheanacho other dan huge wages which wil b collected by his greedy dad.honestly iheanacho wud av excelled under d tuteledge of Arsene wenger in Arsenal.is realy a sad one nd i bet if we wil ever hear d name iheanacho again.*sobs*
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by lexyclasy: 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2013
Okija_juju: Wow Great News...

However, I would have rather he went to Manchester United or Arsenal.. (and no I'm not a fan of either clubs), just that they seem to be player growth friendlier than these big money spender clubs like Man City and Chelsea.

Please Nairalanders, help the Needy in our society today.. Some of these Kids may just grow up to be the next Kelechi Iheanacho.. But until then, lets give them a reason to keep hope alive. Lets atleast give them a special treat this Christmas. Your 1 penny and that of others put together can make a big difference in the life of a kid somewhere..

To make a difference in the life of an Orphan this Christmas, click here 2nd edition Nairaland Annual Charity flight 2013 PLZ ANSWER THIS QUESTION,IF YOU FEEL YOUR STANCE IS CORRECT: HOW MANY YEARS IS MIKEL OBI NOW IN CHELSEA,HAS HE WON LAURELS,HAS HE BEEN PLAYING REGULARLY,HAS HE MADE MONEY FROM HIS SIGNINGS......IF YOU CANNOT ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS JUST LEARN TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT......

God bless you as you give to the poor..
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Elmaxcentini(m): 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2013
Am wondering where the hell the likes Papillo is,to talk some senses into this man's head that he is about to make his son commit the blunder of his life.
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by delvinmaya(m): 4:22pm On Nov 26, 2013
seeing some comments here makes me ask, do you just watch the ball without knowing stuffs? Even those sayin he should go to porto, who is he going to bench there? Abi na so him go just enter first team like that? Shior, na wa oooooo.
some day talk say man city no grow players? makes you wonder if shaun wright philips, micah richards, nedum onuoha, joe hart didnt come through their academy. Even if he goes to arsenal, is he going to bench giroud? no be academy him go go cool him legs first? Abegi. Already, all elite clubs in the champions league have their academy players facing off in a junior champions league, facing the exact teams their senior teams are facing, so make una chill. anywhere he goes, him go grow, abi no be wetin we want be dat?

3 Likes

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 26, 2013
If so then he should fill in for a loan move 2 whr he would get regular playing time (1st 11). Moving 2 a small club is not necessarily d best environment to flourish!

Mikel knows beta! wink
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Lalaska(m): 4:24pm On Nov 26, 2013
Wrong move. Go to Porto. You'll develop your skill there. 2 to 3 years from now, you'll make a big money move to Manchester city and become a nominee for world footballer of the year after another 2 years there. How many players in the current Man city squad are from the youth team?
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by safarigirl(f): 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2013
maishot:

Its not about what Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ trust brov,
Its about what HE trusts.., and he chooses Man-city.

If its not okay with you,
then take a hike. undecided
the 'HE' in question here being the boy's dad, right? Cos I hope you know this isn't Kelechi's choice. I wonder the sentimental bullshayt the man must've fed the poor kid to sway him, must've been something like "Kele, don't you want your sister, Amara to go to a big school? What about the bicycle we promised Kachi? Ego di na Man City, that Porto you want to go, there is no money, biko nwa m, take Man City"(culled from a Nollywood movie)

3 Likes

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2013
aieromon: The boy is back with his family and they have agreed to settle for the Manchester City offer.

I wish him the best of luck.

I wish him the best too. Let us hope Coach Manuel Pellegrini who has a track records of developing great creative midfielders works and develops Iheanacho. The list of creative mid fielders who have worked under Coach Manuel Pellegrini includes Santiago Carzola and Isco who Manuel nurtured and groomed himself. Riquelme and now Silva and Nasri.

Pellegrini and Carzola

Pellegrini and Riquelme
[img]http://thebeautifulgamemagazine.files./2013/06/tumblr_ml7up4hkvt1qj45zro1_500.jpg[/img]
Pellegrini and Isco.

Pellegrini and Silva.

Pellegrini and Nasri.
Let us hope Coach Manuel Pellegrini takes interest in Iheanacho. Come on CITIZENS.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
wrong move
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by Dazhunt(m): 4:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
D guy wan 2 join d bench warmers club wink
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by medjai(m): 4:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
Lots of stupid comments here.

There's no club in Europe that will sign him and he will walk straight into the first team. He is an U17 player for crying out loud so I don't understand all these codswallop you all are spewing.
If he signs for any club now, he would be taken to the U18s and from there, he would progress through the ranks.

I think joining City would be great. They are good at developing young players
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by afeezabbeyyaho(m): 4:29pm On Nov 26, 2013
class0247: Is he not too young to play for man city
mumu u be man city coauch
Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:29pm On Nov 26, 2013
maxdozie: bro na man city o.. Mhen sad 4 him

Let us see how it goes. Man City is going through a transforming phase. That is why Pellegrini who is a grooming coach was selected. Viera is coaching the youth setup and he is doing a giod job. We have an MLS team now for sending developing youngsters to have playing time. The club is being run by another Ex Citizen Reyna.Txiki Begiristain who coached Barca and played an active role in building the present Barca team is running Man City. We also have the best youth training facity and equipments in Europe. It might work out well bro.

Re: Manchester City To Sign Kelechi Iheanacho by hariorh: 4:31pm On Nov 26, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

I wish him the best too. Let us hope Coach Manuel Pellegrini who has a track records of developing great creative midfielders works and develops Iheanacho. The list of creative mid fielders who have worked under Coach Manuel Pellegrini includes Santiago Carzola and Isco who Manuel nurtured and groomed himself. Riquelme and now Silva and Nasri.

Pellegrini and Nasri.
Let us hope Coach Manuel Pellegrini takes interest in Iheanacho. Come on CITIZENS.[/b][/color]

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't Nasri become world class under Wenger?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chelsea 'looking At Experienced Managers' To Replace Frank Lampard / Klopp: Liverpool Cannot Behave Like Chelsea In The Transfer Market / Fernerbahce Signs Victor Moses From Chelsea On Loan (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.