Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,462 members, 7,944,293 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 02:03 PM

God Does Not Approve Of Praying Facing The East. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Does Not Approve Of Praying Facing The East. (13463 Views)

Jesus Way Of Praying/christians Way Of Praying, Which Of These Is More Accurate / Why Did Pastor Adeboye Run To D Police Instead Of Praying Against D Seductress? / What Is The Significance Of Praying Before Eating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Does Not Approve Of Praying Facing The East. by KunleOshob(m): 12:03pm On Jul 22, 2008
Passage Ezekiel 8:15-17:
15 “Have you seen this?” he asked. “But I will show you even more detestable sins than these!”
16 Then he brought me into the inner courtyard of the Lord’s Temple. At the entrance to the sanctuary, between the entry room and the bronze altar, there were about twenty-five men with their backs to the sanctuary of the Lord. They were facing east, bowing low to the ground, worshiping the sun! 17 “Have you seen this, son of man?” he asked. “Is it nothing to the people of Judah that they commit these detestable sins, leading the whole nation into violence, thumbing their noses at me, and provoking my anger?

The above captioned refers, it is worthy of note that the events recorded by Ezekiel occured at least two thousand years before a certain religion emerged and re-started this way of worship which God considers destestable and pagan worship. I wonder how this way of worship re-merged again.
Re: God Does Not Approve Of Praying Facing The East. by Okijajuju1(m): 12:09pm On Jul 22, 2008
whats ur point??

muslims are sinners??

God hates muslims??

what??
Re: God Does Not Approve Of Praying Facing The East. by KunleOshob(m): 12:49pm On Jul 22, 2008
I am not making any point, i quoted from the holy scriptures what i came across while studying the bible. My conclusion is in fom of a question begging for answers. Maybe those who pray that way would be inclined to explain to us the reason / origins of that way of worship. The point you are refering to is the bible's position not mine kiss
Re: God Does Not Approve Of Praying Facing The East. by olabowale(m): 1:31pm On Jul 22, 2008
@Okija_juju: Thanks for your many questions. I will like to answer you. I will also reference the Ezekiel 8, verses 15-17 culled from the Bible. This is if it is assumed to be true statement from God Almighty to whoever he spoke it to.

whats your point??
The poster has no real point except to incinuate, out of ignorance, trying to subtly suggest that islam may be paganic. Please note that the people who God Almighty were referring to were in Judea, a nation of Judah, a branch of the world nations of Children of Israel. Makka is probably east of them. So when they were bowing their heads, they were said to be worshipping the Sun. It is not because they were facing the east, but because their object of worship was the sun, a mere creation! Muslims do not copy anything from the jews; Judaism or Christianity, etc. WE do not practice Kabala, too.

muslims are sinners??
Muslims are sinners, but they are also people who seek forgiveness. Astaghafirllah, is exactly a word by which they seek forgiveness. And they are not sincerely arrogant. We see them humiliating themselves before God the Almighty.

God hates muslims??
Please note that some people just talk and they have no backbones to substantiate what they say. When you asked if the muslims were hated by God, pay attention to the escapist response of the one you question. How can God the Almighty hates the people who obeys His commandments as they believe Him as One God without any partner, believing in all His unadulterated and pure revelations, without the hands of any, accepting all His prophets and Messengers and the true way He orders mankind to worship Him, etc.

what??
Finally, Muslims do not face the east. But face the Kaaba. The muslims who are in the west of Kaaba, will face east. The ones who are in the east of Kaaba will face west, directly or in the general direction of the Kaaba. Those in the north of it, will have to face the south in order to face it. And those who are in the South of it, will definitely face northward. Inshort, if you are looking at this simple structure known as kaaba, you will just have to face it.

This is the reason you see a circle of people around it! If you are inside it, since it is empty, you face its wall! And the object of worship for muslims is not the sun, or anything created, including Muhammad (AS). Muhammad himself worshipped the same way the muslims worship. We must never forget that he was the one we in Islam imitate in the way we worship God Almighty Allah.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Does Not Approve Of Praying Facing The East. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:51pm On Jul 22, 2008
Did I hear anyone say the parable of the "Elefo atan"? wink

I have been pondering recently on Ezekiel 8:15-17 to know what religion practises that style of worship nowadays wink and this has led me to read more of God's inspired Word in (Job.31:26-27; Deut.17:3) to ascertain those who actually worship the sun, moon and stars or even "the queen of heaven". lipsrsealed

Job 31:26-27:
If I beheld the sun when it shined, or the moon walking in brightness;
And my heart hath been secretly enticed, or my mouth hath kissed my hand:

This is Job's fourfold denial of idolatory:
1.  If he beheld (in worship) the sun when it shined(v26)
2.  If he beheld (in worship) the moon when it became full  shocked
3.  If his heart had been secretly enticed (to deny God in idol worship, v27)
4.  If his mouth had kissed his hand (which touched an idol).

These were the early forms of idolatory, the worship of sun and moon as well as images which men either kissed or touched, afterward kissing the hand that had touched the idol.

Deut. 17:2-3:
"If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant, And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;"

It is an abomination to God if we worship the sun, moon, stars or other works of His hands.

I wonder which religion(s) fit these descriptions, your guess is as good as mine. wink 
King Solomon said that there is nothing new under the sun.
Re: God Does Not Approve Of Praying Facing The East. by ayinba1(f): 2:07pm On Jul 22, 2008
@oladegbu
Re: God Does Not Approve Of Praying Facing The East. by ayinba1(f): 2:12pm On Jul 22, 2008
@Kunleoshob,

We muslims do not worship the sun or any other creation, We worship the Creator.
I doubt that you can say that about what you worship.

It's the internet, free too, so continue to mislead peopleif you believe in that. I know that you know better than this post. you are not seeking answers, although Brother Olabowale gave you good ones, you are only seeking to discredit the prescribed way of life by the Most High, ALLAH

Just so you know, others have tried and failed. I hope that Allah opens your heart to see the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Does Not Approve Of Praying Facing The East. by KunleOshob(m): 2:38pm On Jul 22, 2008
olabowale:

! Muslims do not copy anything from the jews; Judaism or Christianity, etc. WE do not practice Kabala, too.

Finally, Muslims do not face the east. But face the Kaaba. The muslims who are in the west of Kaaba, will face east. The ones who are in the east of Kaaba will face west, directly or in the general direction of the Kaaba. Those in the north of it, will have to face the south in order to face it. And those who are in the South of it, will definitely face northward. Inshort, if you are looking at this simple structure known as kaaba, you will just have to face it.

If musilms do not copy any thing from the jews or christianity, were did they get their story of Abraham from which the jews add recorded thousands of years before the establishment of Islam and the coming of Mohamed.
Kaaba Sun what is the difference? Idol worship is idol worship. tongue

@ayinba1
To the best of my knowledge, i did not mention the name of any religion in my original post. Why are you getting defensive about the short comings of what you beleive in?
Re: God Does Not Approve Of Praying Facing The East. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:40pm On Jul 22, 2008
This is a spiritual checkup to see if you are into idolatory, and if so the way of escape is in the link below:

http://www.wayofthemaster.com/goodperson.shtml
Re: God Does Not Approve Of Praying Facing The East. by ayinba1(f): 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2008
@olad,kunleos,

You'll remeber that I told you o.
Re: God Does Not Approve Of Praying Facing The East. by KunleOshob(m): 3:12pm On Jul 22, 2008
Told me what
Or you want to send bin laden after me tongue
Re: God Does Not Approve Of Praying Facing The East. by JesusisLord85: 10:06am On Sep 01, 2013
KunleOshob: Passage Ezekiel 8:15-17:
15 “Have you seen this?” he asked. “But I will show you even more detestable sins than these!”
16 Then he brought me into the inner courtyard of the Lord’s Temple. At the entrance to the sanctuary, between the entry room and the bronze altar, there were about twenty-five men with their backs to the sanctuary of the Lord. They were facing east, bowing low to the ground, worshiping the sun! 17 “Have you seen this, son of man?” he asked. “Is it nothing to the people of Judah that they commit these detestable sins, leading the whole nation into violence, thumbing their noses at me, and provoking my anger?

The above captioned refers, it is worthy of note that the events recorded by Ezekiel occured at least two thousand years before a certain religion emerged and re-started this way of worship which God considers destestable and pagan worship. I wonder how this way of worship re-merged again.

It is worth noting, to the uninformed, that praying towards the temple in Jerusalem was usual practice for Israelites. In Ezekiel's prophecy, the issue here is they are praying, facing another 'god'.

2 Chronicles 6:26 "26 When the heaven is shut up, and there is no rain, because they have sinned against thee; yet if they pray toward this place, and confess thy name, and turn from their sin, when thou dost afflict them"

Daniel 6:10 " Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime."

Oftentimes you you see certain practices being rebuked, that the Jews themselves practiced. The issue is because they were observing it to honour some false deity.

Another often misunderstood example is the sabbaths and new moons.
In Leviticus 23, God commandmed the Israelites to observe 7 feasts.
But in Galatians 4:10, those who misunderstand Paul time and time again take his writings to rebuke the practices ordered in Leviticus 23.

Galatians 4:10-11 "Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. 11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain."

But it is foolish to think he is talking about that mentioned in the law, that is heressy. Even leviticus warns against this:

Leviticus 19:26 " Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times."

There are more examples, but I need to run.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: God Does Not Approve Of Praying Facing The East. by Annunaki(m): 9:43am On Aug 31, 2015
This thread proves that islamic way of worship has pagan roots as it is obvious from the op that pagans were praying this same way over a thousand years before islam.
Re: God Does Not Approve Of Praying Facing The East. by PEACEINRELIGION: 11:15pm On Dec 17, 2015
Either you face the east nor west, God will surely accept your prayer...your faith is what matter most

(1) (Reply)

Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals / Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican / Have You Ever Seen A Ghost Disappear?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.