Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,783 members, 7,889,539 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 02:45 PM

Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? - Romance (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? (57071 Views)

Ladies, Cooking For Your Boyfriend Doesn't Make You A Wife Material. / Mother, Daughter Fight Over Boyfriend In Delta / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 28, 2013
My dear,in a typical african home,being able 2 cook is a criteria 4 marriage. Especially among we the ibos. No man wuld want 2 continue eating iya basira after marriage. An adage in my language says, ana esi na uto aru,ama isi nsi. Meaning,u can only detect how the feaces will smell like, through fart. Wnt advise my brother or friend to marry a lady dat cant cook,or 2 proud 2 cook,or see cooking as a huge task.
bukatyne:

So them cooking is not even a sure guarantee for marriage? shocked

The guy should go and pick the 'many' willing girls na...

SMH
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 28, 2013
Back in the day I remember sometimes doing the neighbour's lawn when I was doing mine JUST BECAUSE.
I was not paid, neither was I dating the neighbours daughter, etc. It was simply a gesture of neighbourly love and goodwill which I am sure was appreciated.

It is sad that we now live in a world where any show of love, no matter how small (e.g cook food) must be attached to a price (i.e. you must marry me for this Oooo), even between supposed beaus. It is doubly sad that those who REFUSE to corrupt their sense of love have to listen to silly folk run their lips and wag their fingers at what THE 2 ADULTS IN LOVE ARE DOING FOR THEMSELVES out of love.

What is such a huge task about this cooking gan that every lazy girl on here feels the need to have a rule against it?
If I go to my GF's house and I want to eat something, Me sef go cook am if she get am for house nau. I would even make for her too.
So what rubbish will stop her from doing the same at my place?
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by PreciousBro: 11:32am On Nov 28, 2013
^^My dear,I tire o, its Just sheer Pride and what they deem responsible to level with men on the pedigree of Gender.. A total failed thought by Feminists.

As if we Men can't cook sef.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by ndidibabe(f): 11:38am On Nov 28, 2013
Tbken: you are still here....ive seen how you boasted about your academics,whats ma business with you being a student in portsmouth....upon all your claims ur tinking is still primitive....and telling anada guy hes failing jamb....do you know him?? Now its clear to me that what u have on ur neck is not realy head buh a big coconut filled with rotten water....see i dont have anytin against you buh look at ma moniker very well..any thread u see me again and talk abt ma mum negetively..I WILL GO ANY LENGHT IN LIFE TO MAKE U REGRET THAT UR LIFE FOR REAL..TAKE IT 4RM ME..WALAI..
It's high time you put your mum's case aside. Any reasonable person will know she did not do a good job while bringing you up. Anyway, I didn't expect too much from a woman who wasted her life cooking and cleaning for men until she was lucky to settle down with your Dad. Neither can you spell nor construct a simple sentence correctly. You should concentrate on improving your 'life'. It's a pity someone like you will grow up one day and marry one innocent girl. What does the future hold for her?

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by ndidibabe(f): 11:47am On Nov 28, 2013
[quote author=dimples..b][/quote] He deserves all the insult in this world. How can an eighteen year old school boy be asking a Twenty eight year old mother if she married as a virgin?

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by bukatyne(f): 11:54am On Nov 28, 2013
Adaobi12: My dear,in a typical african home,being able 2 cook is a criteria 4 marriage. Especially among we the ibos. No man wuld want 2 continue eating iya basira after marriage. An adage in my language says, ana esi na uto aru,ama isi nsi. Meaning,u can only detect how the feaces will smell like, through fart. Wnt advise my brother or friend to marry a lady dat cant cook,or 2 proud 2 cook,or see cooking as a huge task.

I have not said that cooking is not important or a big deal!

However, the issue of test running cooking skills and not been picked for marriage at the end of the day is funny

Why should a man eat iya basira before marriage? Is he handicapped

2 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
Adaobi12: My dear,in a typical african home,being able 2 cook is a criteria 4 marriage. Especially among we the ibos. No man wuld want 2 continue eating iya basira after marriage. An adage in my language says, ana esi na uto aru,ama isi nsi. Meaning,u can only detect how the feaces will smell like, through fart. Wnt advise my brother or friend to marry a lady dat cant cook,or 2 proud 2 cook,or see cooking as a huge task.
See how you get things completely mixed up. Cooking is not rocket science is it? Every adult should know how to cook insofar as they are not disabled. What happens if and when the man's wife falls sick. Then who will cook for him and the kids?
Anyway the topic is not about knowing how to cook. It is about cooking in a boyfriend's house before marriage. The question ladies should honestly ask themselves is why exactly are they doing it.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
Some men cant cook,and we shouldn'tblame them for that.. In my family and clan,YOU MUST KNOW HOW TO COOK,ATLEAST U MUST BE RATED UP TO AVERAGE,B4 WE CAN ACCEPT YOU AS A WIFE.for me,any where i go,i try 2 exhibit my culinary skills. Cooking is fun for me.
bukatyne:

I have not said that cooking is not important or a big deal!

However, the issue of test running cooking skills and not been picked for marriage at the end of the day is funny

Why should a man eat iya basira before marriage? Is he handicapped
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by bukatyne(f): 12:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
Adaobi12: Some men can't cook,and we shouldn't blame them for that.. In my family and clan,YOU MUST KNOW HOW TO COOK, ATLEAST U MUST BE RATED UP TO AVERAGE, B4 WE CAN ACCEPT YOU AS A WIFE. For me,any where i go,i try 2 exhibit my culinary skills. Cooking is fun for me.

Who should we blame?

So the intending wife cooks for the whole family or you arrange different women to cook and the winner takes the husband?

Lol! at exhibiting culinary skills! Should I give you my house address?
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by callme2: 1:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
GentleMimi: Hi,peeps.I am presently in an argument with a group of friends about the moral value behind the act of a female who goes to visit her ''guy'' and then enters his kitchen to cook for him (even when his health is in perfect condition).
Now,some of my friends argue that there is nothing wrong in the act,in fact,it is an avenue to exhibit her cooking skills.
Others counter that it makes the guy loose some of his respect for her after a period of consistent cooking and caring(mind you,this is coming from a male ooo).They go on to say that ''familiarity breeds contempt'',and that a guy looses interest if the girl seems too eager to please.
Now,i would really wish some NL guys would give me their HONEST opinion on this matter.Babes,do you think it a big deal to go to your bobo's house and then cook for him?

*Yipeeeeee! My topic made FP! Lol! My ban elapsed this evening so i guess this is a perfect way to celebrate!
I dedicate this topic to my ''point and kill club,A.K.A derailers paradise'',my fans and haters.Mmmwwwuuuah!
ARANT NONSENSE. Is it good having a girl/boyfriend in the first place, especially when you are not planning of getting married? |Buulshit Topic
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by ndidibabe(f): 1:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
Davo93: I have read from the first page to this point, I must confess that i read a lot of hilarious responses from users here.

Though i have a lot of objections to what i see a lot of people agreed to be 'normal' here but that won't still stop me from making my own point.

Going to cook for a guy in his house seems to me as not right. A lot can happen in that process which could lead to sin. So to avoid that, it is adviceable to have a rethink on it. (I do hope someone doesn't tag me as holier-than-thou, although i don't care)

The one that got me thinking of how lost the female virtues have been with some ladies is someone who said she cooks for a guy everyday at his home. She further went ahead to say she does that before he returns from office everyday. Is he married to you for crying out loud?? Later you say African men don't value female folks. With this kind of mentality and attitude?? I'm lost!

God will help us friends and i pray we understand the necessity of a home built on God's principle and good morals.
God bless you, sir. You said it all.

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
Maybe blame it on the fact that, most mothers don't teach there sons how to cook. They believe that cooking is a feminine duty. In my family an opportunity is created for the intending bride to cook for the whole family. She may not know dat it is a test.IN WHICH EVER WAY, MY OPINION IN THIS TOPIC IS THAT,COOKING FOR A BF,IS NO BIG DEAL. If u can make a convenant with him through sex,y find it hard 2 cook for him?
bukatyne:

Who should we blame?

So the intending wife cooks for the whole family or you arrange different women to cook and the winner takes the husband?

Lol! at exhibiting culinary skills! Should I give you my house address?

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by ndidibabe(f): 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2013
Adaobi12: Maybe blame it on the fact that, most mothers don't teach there sons how to cook. They believe that cooking is a feminine duty. In my family an opportunity is created for the intending bride to cook for the whole family. She may not know dat it is a test.IN WHICH EVER WAY, MY OPINION IN THIS TOPIC IS THAT,COOKING FOR A BF,IS NO BIG DEAL. If u can make a convenant with him through sex,y find it hard 2 cook for him?
Make a covenant with him through sex? What does that imply?
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by bukatyne(f): 2:01pm On Nov 28, 2013
Adaobi12: Maybe blame it on the fact that, most mothers don't teach there sons how to cook. They believe that cooking is a feminine duty. In my family an opportunity is created for the intending bride to cook for the whole family. She may not know dat it is a test. IN WHICH EVER WAY, MY OPINION IN THIS TOPIC IS THAT,COOKING FOR A BF,IS NO BIG DEAL. If u can make a convenant with him through sex,y find it hard 2 cook for him?

And what if the intending husband knows that she can't cook well but she has other qualities that he wants?

What tests you do give the intending husbands?
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sex is a form of a convenant. A bond. During sex spirits are shared,both the good and the bad. Most of us,see only the physical benefit of it, neglectin the spiritual consequences of improper sex.GOSH! ND, am derailin abeg.
ndidibabe: Make a covenant with him through sex? What does that imply?
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
bukatyne:

And what if the intending husband knows that she can't cook well but she has other qualities that he wants?

What tests you do give the intending husbands?

I have been reading your back and forth and it is really funny. I just think some people come from different worlds and you just cant explain these things to them. So if my brother wants to marry, we will conduct cooking test for his wife. cheesy.

Na me she wan marry? Shouldnt we know if she can also satisfy him in bed too? How can we test that one?

Housekeeping nko? One day we will just invite her to the family house and leave the house dirty; then we will ask her to please help sweep it, but she would not know that we are testing her sweeping and house keeping skills.

Money management nko? How do we test that she will be good enough for our brother?

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by bukatyne(f): 2:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
Nashville:

I have been reading your back and forth and it is really funny. I just think some people come from different worlds and you just cant explain these things to them. So if my brother wants to marry, we will conduct cooking test for his wife.

Na me she wan marry? Shouldnt we know if she can also satisfy him in bed too? How can we test that one?

Housekeeping nko? One day we will just invite her to the family house and leave the house dirty; then we will ask her to please help sweep it, but she would not know that we are testing her sweeping and house keeping skills.

Money management nko? How do we test that she will be good enough for our brother?

1. For bedmatics, the guy's room will be bugged cheesy

2. For Housekeeping, you got that right!

At the end, her test results is given and she knows her 'fate'

The same women who complain about ridiculous culture will be the custodians of it. I am sure that it is mostly the women in the family that will be in charge and carry the test(s) on their heads

I guess most women get high when they humiliate their fellow women

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
Adaobi12: Maybe blame it on the fact that, most mothers don't teach there sons how to cook. They believe that cooking is a feminine duty. In my family an opportunity is created for the intending bride to cook for the whole family. She may not know dat it is a test.IN WHICH EVER WAY, MY OPINION IN THIS TOPIC IS THAT,COOKING FOR A BF,IS NO BIG DEAL. If u can make a convenant with him through sex,y find it hard 2 cook for him?
hmmmmm..like seriously So your brother that wants to marry the girl doesn't know what he wants or what?? Once you guys are satisfied with her culinary skills, then she is a wife material ?? SMH..if she doesn't satisfy, you give her sack letter?? cheesy ..soo primitive I must say..

So what if during your own 'test', your husband's people aint satisfied with your cooking?? Werin you go do?

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
bukatyne:

1. For bedmatics, the guy's room will be bugged cheesy

2. For Housekeeping, you got that right!

At the end, her test results is given and she knows her 'fate'

The same women who complain about ridiculous culture will be the custodians of it. I am sure that it is mostly the women in the family that will be in charge and carry the test(s) on their heads

I guess most women get high when they humiliate their fellow women

I do not agree with your suggestion for bedmetics as they can both fake it. I think the proof of the pudding is in the eating. So I will suggest that all the male children in the family also "test" her bedmatics skills to be sure she would be good enough for their brother.

I hope that those that suggested testing the wife, will also be happy to be subjected to such "rigorous" tests when its their time to marry.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by bukatyne(f): 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2013
Nashville:

I do not agree with your suggestion for bedmetics as they can both fake it. I think the proof of the pudding is in the eating. So I will suggest that all the male children in the family also "test" her bedmatics skills to be sure she would be good enough for their brother.

I hope that those that suggested testing the wife, will also be happy to be subjected to such "rigorous" tests when its their time to marry.

Pastor Nashville,

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 4:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
Tbken: hahahahahaha oga sir,this ur format na old one..e no go work for you...try a new style
Funny you, wondering what your innuendos are. Hmmm!
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Roda94(f): 8:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
Zakamori:
na who you dey deceive

Nobody O! smiley
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by omobolanleib(f): 8:20pm On Nov 28, 2013
I see nothing bad in it anyway but I think our religious belief and cultures are realy affecting us in a bigger way. Thre are some things we wish to do but we put sentiment using religion ethiquet. Then some who deny it publicly wil do more than wht we imagine secretly.
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2013
omobolanle ib: I see nothing bad in it anyway but I think our religious belief and cultures are realy affecting us in a bigger way. Thre are some things we wish to do but we put sentiment using religion ethiquet. Then some who deny it publicly wil do more than wht we imagine secretly.

Please clarify, what religion is against a Bf/GF cooking food for each other and vise versa?
Don't just tell me the religion, also proove it to me from the book of that religion where this is stated.

I await your response...
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by sweetestguy(m): 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
2buff:

Please clarify, what religion is against a Bf/GF cooking food for each other and vise versa?
Don't just tell me the religion, also proove it to me from the book of that religion where this is stated.

I await your response...
tek one bottle for my head, ur head is so correct
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
2buff:

I await your response...
Ur head is dia! Watch as d babe go begin interpret jargons wey no dey bible. You pos them nau.... The candle lighting Emmanuelas.Btwn, come support ur gal nau... Come this side come shake body Biko

Please check it out! We need your help... Thanks!

https://www.nairaland.com/1529785/rest-peace-vivianc/20#19820718
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Gracyel(f): 12:35am On Nov 29, 2013
smartg :
what exactly is wrong in a girl cooking for her boyfriend, i don't see it as smartness when you refuse to cook for your guy, i see it as foolishness, if you can give your body to a guy what else. Is your body not more expensive and special than the cooking.

I will even prefer to marry a girl that cooks for me than the one that always come to ask for money and think that the only way to please her man is by sex.

Do you think its easy for a guy to allow you cook for him?, not all guy can do that. If you are the one cooking for your guy it means you're total in control of his heart, because a wise guy will not allow more than one girl to cook his meal.

When you cook for your guy, it gives you the opportunity to know what he likes best and don't forget. Sex, character and food are the three major way to man's heart, if any of these is missing, that guy might not give you his whole heart, both of you will only be playing games.
Says who??! Sex is never a way to a man's heart not especially as a mere girlfrnd. Infact, it is d total oppisite. Ladies shldnt be deceived. A guy who demands for sex from a lady outside marriage doesnt hav value whatsoever for her body. Who told u sex is one of d ways to win a man. As if men dont sleep around! If dats d case, den his heart belongs to every girl he sleeps with. Is dat possible!?

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Gracyel(f): 12:43am On Nov 29, 2013
bukatyne:

So them cooking is not even a sure guarantee for marriage? shocked

The guy should go and pick the 'many' willing girls na...

SMH
I wonder o. Its shallow minded ladies that think that cooking for a man, washing and cleanin his house are ways to keep or tie a man down. Its such a pity. U are just derepping urself. A lady who knows her self worth wouldnt hav to do wifely duties for a guy before marriage. Its very WRONG. U only lose ur worth in his eyes....such a guy cant treat u with respect even if he manages to marry you. So why are u insultin urself!. D last thing i'll do is to go and start washing my boyfrnd's clothes or cleaning his house. What Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 5:55am On Nov 29, 2013
I hear u. Washing his clothe once in a while,wnt make him 2 throw away the respect he has 4 u. We are africans,and a typical african man,will find it hard 2 marry a lady,dat see it as a big task 2 do chores 4 him once in a while. Unless,its all this yankee guys,and nigerian americanas. He may not complain,bt anylady dat does that for him,has an edge over u in his heart. There is nothing insulting there.
Gracyel: I wonder o. Its shallow minded ladies that think that cooking for a man, washing and cleanin his house are ways to keep or tie a man down. Its such a pity. U are just derepping urself. A lady who knows her self worth wouldnt hav to do wifely duties for a guy before marriage. Its very WRONG. U only lose ur worth in his eyes....such a guy cant treat u with respect even if he manages to marry you. So why are u insultin urself!. D last thing i'll do is to go and start washing my boyfrnd's clothes or cleaning his house. What Nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Mujah1deen: 5:57am On Nov 29, 2013
^ for a non Muslim or northerner your comments are very inspiring and spot on .
Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by ireneidiva(f): 6:39am On Nov 29, 2013
Mujah1deen: ^ for a non Muslim or northerner your comments are very inspiring and spot on .

what has religion got to do with this

1 Like

Re: Cooking For Your Boyfriend In His House: Is It Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 29, 2013
Gracyel: I wonder o. Its shallow minded ladies that think that cooking for a man, washing and cleanin his house are ways to keep or tie a man down. Its such a pity. U are just derepping urself. A lady who knows her self worth wouldnt hav to do wifely duties for a guy before marriage. Its very WRONG. U only lose ur worth in his eyes....such a guy cant treat u with respect even if he manages to marry you. So why are u insultin urself!. D last thing i'll do is to go and start washing my boyfrnd's clothes or cleaning his house. What Nonsense!
It is simply a delusion and a load of nonsense really. Anyway the comments on this thread are not just hilarious but also quite worrying as well. It shows that a lot of ladies here have lost the traditional African values but also,they have not even embraced progressive mordernist thinking. Most importantly they have rejected the Divine way These ladies are in a state of flux and utter confusion.
There is this dumb idea that you have to give a man a taste before marriage thinking by doing so he is more likely to propose.
Well let me disabuse some minds here. Forming housemaid, engaging in fornication and getting pregnant in a man's house before marriage not just makes the man to diminish whatever respect the man has for you as a woman who should be honoured, it makes the much anticipated marriage proposal even less likely. Courtship is different from marriage and we should never blur the distinction between the two.
There is time for everything.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Lady Plans To Present A Borehole To Her Potential Husband(photos) / Bride Rocks Cleveage Baring Gown On Her Wedding Day (Photos) / I Traveled To My Village To Get A Wife, & I Got A Queen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.